Danbury Mint 1/16 Jeep

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

Danbury Mint 1/16 Jeep

Post by ostketten » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:37 pm

Never seen one of these before, but it looks to be very detailed. I wonder what these originally sold for...??

http://cgi.ebay.com/1944-WORLD-WAR-II-M ... dZViewItem
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Danbury Mint 1/16 Jeep

Post by gary1930 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:53 am

ostketten wrote:Never seen one of these before, but it looks to be very detailed. I wonder what these originally sold for...??

They are still available from Danbury Mint at $139:

http://www.danburymint.com/diecast/prod ... a_695.aspx

MG40K
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MG40K » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:40 am

Thats a great model, if I had money to spend I would get one. 8)
[img]http://i514.photobucket.com/albums/t345/MG40K/M1A1-Bagdad-RunningOver.jpg[/img]

gary1930
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gary1930 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:02 am

I see one on Ebay is already bid up to $176 with two days to go:

Do your research, guys!

USMA07
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by USMA07 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:38 am

Check this out.

http://www.danburymint.com/diecast/cat/ ... _-military

Those guys on e-vil-bay should be charged w/ robbery
"Hang Tough! Never, EVER!, give up!"
MAJ Dick Winters
Easy Co. 506 PIR
101 AB DIV

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:48 am

USMA07 wrote:Check this out.

http://www.danburymint.com/diecast/cat/ ... _-military

Those guys on e-vil-bay should be charged w/ robbery
No Way! It's not the sellers fault. The starting bid was $9.99. The bidders should be institutionalized for insanity.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:18 am

I'm with Kduck.

The seller started low, didn't make any incorrect statements (like out of production..... or rare... ). The silly eBay bids are solely due to the bidders not even doing any basic research as to what this Jeep can be bought for.

Bidders getting themselves in a stupid bidding war are themselves stupid. Not the sellers fault...

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

USMA07
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by USMA07 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:25 am

I stand corrected, I guess it was a momentary lapse of reason...Thanks guys for helping me see the light.
"Hang Tough! Never, EVER!, give up!"
MAJ Dick Winters
Easy Co. 506 PIR
101 AB DIV

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:50 pm

No worries. It happens to all of us. ;)

I see that kind of bidding behaviour on a regular basis. It's not unusual at all to see items bid well past what other sellers have an item listed for BIN. Anyone that's sold stuff for a while will also have experienced an item that was bid way past what they had set the BIN at. Sometimes it even happens when you have an identical item listed that still has the BIN price intact because it hasn't received a bid yet. Some people are just too competitive for their own good.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:53 pm

This Jeep is now at almost $180 and the auction isn't over.

Funny thing is that an identical Jeep NIB auction was ended last night at $89 with $10 shipping.

Go figger :roll:

Danbury Mint still has the same Jeep at $139 from them and even nicer is a 1/16 "Rocket Launcher Jeep". :wink:

http://www.danburymint.com/diecast/prod ... _6545.aspx

I still kick myself for pasing on a really fine custom of that Rocket Launcher Jeep in 1/6 a few years ago. If you snooze, you loose......

TTT

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:29 pm

Double post
Last edited by B-29 on Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:This Jeep is now at almost $180 and the auction isn't over.

Funny thing is that an identical Jeep NIB auction was ended last night at $89 with $10 shipping.
These people should really be FAR more aware of what they're buying. I can see someone not finding the one on the Danbury Mint website, but they would have had to be completely insane not to be aware of another ebay auction. To the asylum with them!

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:26 am

B-29 wrote:...These people should really be FAR more aware of what they're buying. I can see someone not finding the one on the Danbury Mint website, but they would have had to be completely insane not to be aware of another ebay auction. To the asylum with them!
Shhhh. Don't alert the authorities just yet :D . While I agree that these people are nuts, I admit that I've profited from this type of craziness. I don't feel too guilty about it either. I always start my listings at a fair price and give accurate information. If someone wants to get into a bidding war then I'm more than happy to accept what they're willing to pay. To be perfectly honest there have been a few times when I felt a slight twinge from my conscious and in those cases I've occasionally added a few extras or upgraded the shipping to try and give the buyer a little extra value for their money.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:05 am

As much as I love to point out how dopey some of these bidders are that don't do even basic research and then get into bidding wars...... I must admit to have taken advantage of these bidders in the past.

I listed a HD motorcycle a few years ago, that my son had built of parts. My son valued it at around $1K. At bidding of $1,100 two guys got in a war and bumped it up to around $1,900 before the bidding ended. The guy came to my house to pick it up and after paying for it, he says, he got carried away bidding and he didn't have any way to move the MC and no place to keep it. I offered to keep the bike until he made arrangements but he insisted he wanted the bike right then.... I had put on the auction that we would deliver the bike within 50 miles. My son drove the bike to the bidders apartment, took the plates off and we left him with the bike in the city street. I got the impression, the guy felt that if he ad left the bike with us, we would have swapped parts. ..... We would not...

Sometimes, you get what you asked for....... :roll:

Another time, I sold a Jeep Commando. Decent money for a few years ago. The kid comes with a few friends and the first thing he does, is to measure the distance from the ground to the roof. I had put big tires on it.... the kid says.. his shed is not tall enough to fit the Jeep. I said, maybe he should have asked me to measure before he bid up to $5.5K... but I showed him how he could gain a few inches by removing the top.... still not enough, he says.... now I'm getting annoyed and I asked him if he had planed on keeping it in a dog house? So he drives away with the Jeep, not a happy camper. Another guy who didn't do research..

The only thing that bothers me is both of these people can vote.... and that scares me... :shock:

TTT

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:04 am

People on ebay are nuts sometimes. Many times I've seen them bid on stuff, that if they just did a Google search they would find it at a much cheaper price.

I've got one of those jeeps I ordered from Danbury Mint a few years ago. They sure are nice. Don't have the rocket launcher one though.
The detail on these is pretty amazing.

I want to get one of those 1:18 diecast Kubelwagens in grey to put next to it.

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:51 am

Did Danbury only make the jeeps in 1/16 or was it also 1/24?

Thanks
Eric

Ok Ive done alot of searching and I think they are only in 1/16.

Thanks anyway

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Thu May 05, 2011 1:45 pm

I picked one up last year for around 100 bucks ... practically brand new and in excellent condition. I wouldn't pay more for that but wanted something to stand next to my 1/16 American tanks.

- Jeff

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:33 pm

I was biding on one and it was advertised as 1/24 I felt he was wrong but wasn't totally sure. I got sniped in the last 30 seconds by someone. But thats ok I had put in my maximum amount so they can have it at that price. I'll keep searching.

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Fri May 06, 2011 4:08 am

Hope I didn't miss anyone else pointing this out, but the Danbury Mint lists both as no longer available. So, secondary is the only way to get one.

About a year ago I first noticed these on Ebay. I didn't know the history of the going prices. I saw one listed NIB for $39.99 BIN with free shipping. I should have jumped but I started searching to get more information. Two hours later the listing was changed to starting bid of $39.99.

YT

Post by YT » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Darn you guys, I didn't know these existed until I saw this thread. I just won one, did I do good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... AUS%3A1123

I had to have one to add to my FOV 1/16 display.
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:59 am

Yi:

You did good at that price. Now you have to keep looking for the "rocket Jeep". Very detailed, rockets crank up. Very neat. Also Danbury Mint. Also only available on the secondary market.

TTT

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm

long waits some times pay off. Got this one on BIN for $22.00. :D

I should get it this coming Thursday. I know the mirror is gone, but it looks like all else is there......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Seems like you got a great deal, when you get it post some pictures of it ( now I'll be looking for one to go with my 1/16 RC Tanks )

YT

Post by YT » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Buckyroo wrote:long waits some times pay off. Got this one on BIN for $22.00. :D

I should get it this coming Thursday. I know the mirror is gone, but it looks like all else is there......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

WOW, now that is a great deal!
"There are some people who disagree with me, they are wrong." --Gen George S. Patton

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:34 pm

I did receive my jeep. It did have the 50 cal., the soft top, and all of the paperwork. It did not have the original box, the drivers outside mirror, and one latch to hold the windscreen in the lowered position. Here are some photos of the jeep next to a 1/18 scale halftrack. I really like the detail and the solid construction, and am really glad to have gotten one. Cheaper in cost and not mint is OK with me for display items such as these. :)