Badcat Tiger I---$49.99 "special purchase"

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Badcat Tiger I---$49.99 "special purchase"

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:37 pm

Badcat has 21st Century's 1/18 Tiger I at $79.99. I paid $34 for my Tiger I two months ago at Monkeydepot.

http://www.badcataviation.com/noname7.html
Last edited by dragon53 on Mon May 19, 2008 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 4:48 pm

you know......i realize the dollar has dropped, oil is up etc but i'm starting to get the distinct impression that a lot of people, not just in the toy business, are starting to artificially jack up prices and blame it on oil, the dollar, the chinese etc etc.

If these kinds of price increases are representative of what we're in store for across the board then we are looking at between 80% and 100% inflation rates this year. And that's absurd.

Transportation costs make up only a small fraction of the overall cost of goods.

So, retailers and manufacturers, especially in the non-essential goods areas, better get their acts together or they will quickly find their sales dropping to 0.0.

How come Hasbro, Lego etc prices haven't gone through the roof? Is this some kind of bizarre power move by 21c to try to make some extra cash (i can imagine they might be getting a little cash strapped as i'm sure sales are way down and they've lost WM and had relatively few releases in the last 18 months or so) but jacking up prices is not going to solve the problem for them. Especially with FOV and now maybe even Dragon becoming competition.

Why pay $80 plus enormous shipping when you can get a very decent FOV Tiger I for $30? You may have to be patient for a few months til Target restocks, but patience is certainly something we've learned in this hobby.
Last edited by aferguson on Sat May 17, 2008 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Well said Aferguson.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Maybe 21st Century is re-releasing the Tiger I to go along with the new Panther repaint---they appear to have the same camouflage scheme and same price.

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Sat May 17, 2008 5:52 pm

One with that exact paint scheme sold on ebay a couple of days ago. Think it was $59. Just don't understand why people call it evil bay. The items are there at good prices.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat May 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Is this really a "new" release, or did BCA managed to find a hidden cache of those old Eastern Front Tiger?

PS: Bright yellow is bright.

MG-42

[+] 21st.C - Eastern Front Tiger I

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:07 pm

[+] > This has got to be a joke. BC used to sell the same tank for le$$.

* Many online e-tailers $old theirs @ around $49.99 .

->>>-----> Joke's on us ! ! ! * :roll:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

B24guy
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by B24guy » Sat May 17, 2008 8:19 pm

80 bucks............OUCH!
Darren

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat May 17, 2008 8:31 pm

hotrodrock wrote:One with that exact paint scheme sold on ebay a couple of days ago. Think it was $59. Just don't understand why people call it evil bay. The items are there at good prices.
The EVIL is not from item prices, it's from the dealing with people on the other side. Face it when your dealing with an average joe your not guaranteed a professional tranaction.

DH

pickelhaube

Re: 21st Century 1/18 Tiger I---$79.99 Badcat

Post by pickelhaube » Sat May 17, 2008 8:37 pm

dragon53 wrote:Badcat has 21st Century's 1/18 Tiger I at $79.99. I paid $34 for my Tiger I two months ago at Monkeydepot.

http://www.badcataviation.com/noname7.html
$34 ? That sounds kind of cheap. The first one I ever got was off of e-bay. I was caught up in a bid war with some guy and ended up paying $78 plus shipping. That was a lot of money a few years ago. Then they went through the roof. That was when they were giving the ambush Panthers away. You could get them off of e-bay in the low $30s. The s1 Panthers were a little more.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 17, 2008 8:48 pm

that's the same old S2 Tiger that's been around for years. Hasn't been reissued that i know of.

Sounds like Badcat is just 'adjusting' its prices on some xd items.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat May 17, 2008 8:51 pm

:shock:

that's like when a gas station ups it price, but the gas in the underground tanks is the same gas you paid 5cents less for an hour ago.
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat May 17, 2008 8:57 pm

Apparently Badcat got a new shipment of the discontinued Tiger I from somewhere because I didn't seen it on Badcat's website in the last few months when I was looking for a Tiger I.

The $34 Tiger I got at Monkeydepot was on clearance.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat May 17, 2008 9:15 pm

dragon53 wrote:Apparently Badcat got a new shipment of the discontinued Tiger I from somewhere because I didn't seen it on Badcat's website in the last few months when I was looking for a Tiger I.

The $34 Tiger I got at Monkeydepot was on clearance.
Clearance ? Man if I would have known this I would have gotton at least 10 of them. A day late and a dollar short. That is the story of my life :evil:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sat May 17, 2008 9:31 pm

I'd like to know just how many of these newly priced Tigers BC will sell. I'd bet my XD collection that they aren't gonna sell many of them.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat May 17, 2008 10:45 pm

I wonder sometimes how many of the e-tailers have hidden, personal stashes they are coughing up to make some dough in these cash-strapped times. I won't call any out by name but on this forum we have seen posts where "rare" pieces are up for sale.

How many people are out there wondering if they should not cash in on the Spitfire or Cobra they have in the closet? Sell it now for $150 on e-bay and laugh when they are re-released six months from now or hold on to it hoping they will appreciate even further.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat May 17, 2008 11:13 pm

olifant wrote:I wonder sometimes how many of the e-tailers have hidden, personal stashes they are coughing up to make some dough in these cash-strapped times. I won't call any out by name but on this forum we have seen posts where "rare" pieces are up for sale.

How many people are out there wondering if they should not cash in on the Spitfire or Cobra they have in the closet? Sell it now for $150 on e-bay and laugh when they are re-released six months from now or hold on to it hoping they will appreciate even further.
Even if the Spitfire was re-released, you are probably looking at a $69.99 price tag on it. It is clear that the "good deal" 1/18 model is now passing into the collecting history books..... :(

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun May 18, 2008 12:05 am

What I'm thinking is that since the Tiger is the same color scheme as the newest Panther release, BCA is thinking that the majority of prospective purchasers don't know it's an older released version, so they figure they can sell it at the same price as the panther.

AlloySkull

Post by AlloySkull » Sun May 18, 2008 2:05 am

I wanted to start 1:18 Armor. =/ They're so evil looking. But, alas, look at what they do to us, AGAIN?!

I don't know what the hell is wrong with everything nowadays, why everyone is scammed, short-changed and screwed over for another dollar. But I have a good damn idea. You see those prices rising at the pump? We all gotta pay blindly for gas we need and yet the reason for the price rise, you really can't give me evidence, point it out and explain to me exactly why it is. There's not a god damned reason we should be paying out the ass for oil and gas, much less any other crap.

Why was gas 3.65 yesterday and 3.85 today? Because someone decides they want more money. I'm frickin' tired of it. I'm damn tired of artificial inflation. I'm frickin' sick of being pushed around, and we, as consumers can't do a damned thing about it. Yet the bastards with all the money sure do preach about saving gas and paper and fucking water, yet they fly to Malibu in their private jets and get driven to Armani in a stretch Hummer limo.

I'm sorry for profane language, but I'm so tired of wanting to go fishing here, and wanting to go skate there, and being held back because not one of use makes enough money to fill up the tank enough to make it to where we want to go. I'm tired of decisions being made around gas and money and not on what we feel like doing. You wonder why kids play video games?

I'm tired of not being able to do anything new to my collection because of money. My last job screwed me in the end and right now, I'm pretty blank. I'm tired of minimum wage being almost as low as gas is high. I'm tired of food being so expensive. Spending $150 on groceries for a couple weeks is BS.

I'm so sick of the jobs that I know every damned thing about, and I would have fun doing, like skate shops and audio stores, hiring little wannabe bastards that don't know crap, and just look pretty and try and sell you the most expensive and best-looking things, not the best quality...

EVERYONE'S OUT TO SCREW YOU, SO GET OUT THERE AND SCREW THEM.

The whole housing scam is a joke. Trying to screw honest Americans like that, well screw them too. I don't care what you say. Deception is a scam.

To hell with it. I'm listening to punk rock and I'm pissed off and I wish I could kick some political ass.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j317/alloyskull101/siggygpxd-1.gif[/img]
Good Traders:
KAMIKAZE
Ruger
Olifant
Panzer M

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun May 18, 2008 4:39 am

The $34 Tiger I got at Monkeydepot was on clearance
Hope you picked up a couple, it's doubtful you'll ever find a deal like that again. :shock:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun May 18, 2008 4:54 am

I'm sure this was an under the table deal too :?
If someplace was clearing them out and BCA knew that, I would think they would aquire them(Eastern Tiger Is) thinking that they will be a "Hot" sellers when the Panthers arrive. Or maybe they might know that 21st may NOT make the KT :?: :roll: Hard to say, but yeah, their out to make a killin if they bought low and more than double the price :( I don't think I need any more, I got 6 of them. What we need is a new Kubelwagen that's painted to match the Eastern scheme AND we need some new German tanker figures dressed in black to go with the new or re-run Eastern scheme ;) Da General

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun May 18, 2008 6:07 am

MG-42

[+] 21st.C - Eastern Front Tiger (S-2)

Post by MG-42 » Sun May 18, 2008 6:43 am

[+] > What a scam !

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 am

aferguson wrote:you know......i realize the dollar has dropped, oil is up etc but i'm starting to get the distinct impression that a lot of people, not just in the toy business, are starting to artificially jack up prices and blame it on oil, the dollar, the chinese etc etc.
And you would be right in this case. This is old inventory found in China recently. We'll have the item at SJ shortly as well, and at a better price.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun May 18, 2008 11:33 am

COREYSTINSON:

Were there any other 21st Century old inventory models found in China or just the Tiger I?