NEW! 21st Century Toy Fair Pictures!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Mad Ewok
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mad Ewok » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:04 pm

I wonder if they'll be re-releasing the Pacific Sherman when the marines come out.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:08 pm

Nice North Africa Sherman repaint too...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:43 pm

I am very surprised about the knights! It seems an odd play by 21st, but then this genere may be more popular than I expect. They look good! How about throwing in "vehicles" such as wagons, catapults (that work), various seige equipment as well as a castle playset. If it wasn't so blown apart, the XD Hayloft set would work perfectly with the knights. Now how about Roman soldiers & Barbarians? I would buy a whole legion of those, complete with auxillary corps!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:34 pm

http://www.figures.com/databases/action ... article=52

This from Figures.com explains the "Sahara" movie, incase it hadn't been covered (didn't notice when breezing through this thread).

Lotta repainted stuff for the film (3 vehicles) and sounds like a couple new figures, with perhaps some less than military garb on. Good custom fodder or filler for dioramas guys! Keep your eyes peeled!
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:43 pm

Finally, a great looking 1:18 scale Panzer IV. I wonder if it will have an interior even more detailed than the Tiger and Bulldog. This is very exciting!
Thanks 21C!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:29 pm

I did the best I could to enhance the photo, which isn't particularly well, but I'd bet dollars to donuts on Japanese on at least a couple of those. I think the bottom row, 2nd in from right is a Japanese officer... or at least a guy in a cap. The two to HIS left appear to have helmets of a Japanese type design on...

This is incredible. I REALLY want some new figures. I'm oggling these.

BBI gave a nasty 1 - 2 punch to 21st today, and they're still bleeding from it, but they got a jab in too. The new tank, and just new images of figures we've known about for how friggin' long now?

I NEED these figures. Come on 21st, it's time to take that dump or get off the pot here... I want the truck, the tank, the figures... I want more of the ground stuff too, this isn't enough.

I am real curious about these movie licenses. That Sahara's sporting at least a couple 1:18 items that I'm wagering are new (the figures) so I'm anxious to see this stuff.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Mr. Football
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Mr. Football » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:47 am

Agree, put me down for one of those Pzkw IV's.

Awesome.
"I like a man who grins when he fights" - Winston Churchill

digger

Panzer IV

Post by digger » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:01 am

If it opens up like a Tiger I will buy as many as it takes to make it worthwhile for 21C.
Is it just me, or does the M113 look a little bbi like in terms of shiny plastic? That better open up btw...

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Well hot Damn

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:14 am

I am more than excited--no new aircraft displayed (I was hoping my Hurricane or Typhoon would show :)), but that Mark IV PZKW looks kick ass. It's about time we see some new armor. And, being able to set up movie rights, this is what the company has needed to do for a long time. I am not too hot on Sahara (when I first saw it I was excited because I thought you were talking about the old Bogart movie) but the Platoon figures will certainly get my dollars. Oh yeah and bbi to boot---wow
Aaron

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

What happened to the teaser

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:39 am

About the new 109 gustav? I am more than happy to see this ship come out. This is truly going to be one expensive birthday/Christmas season for the wife :). Now all we need is confirmation on the Avenger and we will be sitting pretty.
Aaron

MARKSMAN1
Corporal
Corporal

21st figures

Post by MARKSMAN1 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:43 am

Wow.....finally some stuff to get excited about. It looks like on the bottom of the backer card for the new u.s. marines that we are getting 4 japanese soldiers as well, one looks to be a japanese officer with cap, it is kind of hard to make out. That panzer looks awesome, and we are still being teased with the truck. I had no idea that they were even thinking about doing a panzer IV, I wonder what else they have up their sleeve. Still, the record shows it usually takes about a year and half for new 21st figures to come out once you've seen photos of them. The planes seem to be a little bit quicker, new armour is hard to tell, since we have not seen anything new in awhile. Thanks 21st, for the new armour and figures, don't make us wait too long.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

IJA Figs

Post by Quixote511 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:51 am

I didn't notice the IJA or IJN figs on the back of the Marine card at first. Glad you pinted it out. I am happy because it looks like I am going to get my officer with samurai sword---banzai
Aaron

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:22 am

Impressive showing and quite a few surprises! Does anyone remember a few months ago, when we were suggesting 21st expand into other eras, sush as knights? :lol: But I wonder if they are designed for Corgi distrubution, knights are very popular in the UK.

I'm certain Japanese figures will be big sellers, particulalry if the faces aren't too pained or expressive.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:06 am

HOLY FLIPPIN' CRUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF 21C delivers on its promises, IF we can get figures at Walmart rather than mailorder, IF, IF, IF - I'm in deep crap. Japanese soldiers. 1:18 Knights. Man, that would be incredible. This could be a kick butt year in 1:18, and depending if Hasbro doesn't screw up the EP3 figures, man-o-man.

Cautious applause for 21C

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

WOW!!!

Post by kenhil2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:14 am

all i can say is wow, there is a lot of awesome stuff to look forward to, can't wait for 21st to release those platoon figures, possibly some more nam stuff is fantastic to see, also good to see some painted versions of the m113, can't wait for that to come out, and finally seeing some more info on the marines, that is really great news, and yea i think that those are japanese on the back of the card, they can't all be marines, thats is some really good stuff to see. but did any one check bbi's stuff, they had photos of those new marines, along with shots of their soon to be released WWII figures, thats right BBI 1:18 WWII FIGURES, check it out, they also show a new desert hummer variant with more of a cargo bed in back, i dont know i'm proabable missing otehr sweet items, but i'm just on toy overload, my want list just increased about 100 times. always nice to wake up check the board and see all sorts of new goodies.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:02 am

I wonder if the 'Platoon' line will allow 21C to finally release the PBR they've been sitting on for years now..

corpbob
Sergeant
Sergeant

New Releases

Post by corpbob » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:45 am

Gotta, gotta, gotta have that 1:18 Panzer Mark IV. I don't see much else in X-Detail that impresses me though. That M-113 does look more like a BBI job than 21st Century. If 21st sacrifices on their quality, with BBI expanding now, they'll be doomed for sure.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:10 pm

Yeah, to me the bbi P-51, F-16 and 21st MK IV look the class of the field...........

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:11 pm

http://www.figures.com/databases/action ... article=52

Here's some specific info about 21C's 'Sahara' line. Hope it doesn't bomb...

Anyway, if the figures have the right garb on should be an easy conversion using them and the jeep to make a WW2 SAS jeep..

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:49 pm

Sure seems like a bit of a risk for a company that doesn’t think a Zero will sell. :roll: Still, pretty smooth idea. All they have to do is come up with a few head sculpts and repaints. 8)
The Huey looks pretty nice and it’s good to see the Patton tank again.

mburduck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mburduck » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:33 pm

I believe I'd like to have that Panzer IV!

Mike

digger

Sahara will be terrible

Post by digger » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:44 pm

Licencing is a great idea - when they do Band of Brothers and advertise on Discovery channel, they will realize how right they were.
As for SAHARA - that is a terrible idea. That movie is going to be TERRIBLE. An absolute bomb. I hope they are aiming at the European market with that stuff where they like lousy movies. I cannot believe they are attaching their name to a certain disaster. But as someone said, doesn't cost them much - all they gotta do is ANOTHER huey repaint and some head sculpts.
Now, back to that Panzer IV.....

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by victory » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:20 pm

I'm not too drawn in by the plot of the movie. I have a feeling its going to be a bust. The movie doesn't even have a heroine.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:43 pm

What's her face Cruz is in it....isn't she the heroine?

Anyway, i'd bet they got the rights for a song. Don't imagine there was much of a bidding war for them. Maybe the movie will appeal to kids and that will help sell the toys. I think it's a good direction for 21C to go as it will increase exposure even more. Once they are more flush financially they can hopefully get rights to better movies. One step at a time. I still think they should try tie ins with popular video games like 'Sturmovik'.

Regardless, from the 'Sahara' line i'll probably get the sand coloured jeep and the figs if they are dressed right; and for those that missed the Patton it's a nice chance to get if for, what i'm guessing, will be fairly cheap. Too bad it has such a dorky paint scheme, could have customed it into an Israeli version.