BadCat is going to sell 1:18 accessories

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

BadCat is going to sell 1:18 accessories

Post by ww2collecter » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:04 pm

February 12, 2005--Bad Cat proudly announces a new association with Build-A-Rama. The 'Cat has ordered all the available 1:18 and 1:32 accessories and expects to have these up on the site for sale by the end of the month.

Thought I would give a heads-up if no one saw it yet :wink:

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Interesting. I wonder if Mark will be focusing his attention on the creation of accessories and let BadCat do the selling. I may have to swing by BadCatAviation when they get these in.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:37 pm

Thats very interesting. I wonder if Build-a-Rama was hit on hard times or if they thought they could expand their customers by merging with BCA. BCA does seem to be one of the larger stores specializing in 1:18 military products. I wonder if the prices will change?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:46 pm

i suspect a small price increase. The greater exposure offered by BCA's site will be good for buildarama.

Hope he hasn't forgotten about the british helmet idea.. :idea:

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:47 pm

Good news for 'Rama!! I could even see a possible price drop if enough items are bought. That would be cool!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:34 pm

That's a pretty good business move on Build-A-Rama's part. They will surely get more exposure and hopefully sell more of their products. Good move on Bad Cat's part too just like they did with acquiring Lair's decal sets. :D

airforcecop67
Corporal
Corporal

Post by airforcecop67 » Mon Feb 14, 2005 7:49 pm

Way To Go Mark! Thats great man and I hope your hardwork and dedication pay of big for you and your family.

And Kudos to BCA for recognizing a quality product and a growing market.

Hell, I am still awed by the sandbags, quality scale models in their own right, and the camo netting is very cool, a must have. Of course, neither my Jeep nor my 'track are complete without their litters.

I need more Jerry Cans, .30 & .50 cal ammo cans, and but what I really want is a field desk.

Also, how about some pioneering tools and both a folded and extended e-tool would be awesome.
"When the enemy is in range, so are you!!"

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:45 pm

Great! The hobby is getting better all the time.
Todd

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:07 am

I second the idea of the Jerry cans and the pioneer tools. One can never have enough of those! Also, what ever happened to that desk and radio they sold a while back?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:48 am

I think tents are a good possible future venture too with good poles for them...

Be nice to see even more, and I hope that will help new product move quicker for Mark at Build-A-Rama... A price increase seems to be looming too though (not good news) I fear as well... May hinder purchases here and there.

I'd love seeing them really branch out for not just WW2/modern (realistic) military stuff but really to go into the Sci-Fi realm and G.I. Joes as well with some gusto. The've made a start though, and I'd love to see more.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:53 am

i'd like to see buildarama get into conversion kits for existing 1/18 items eg rockets for a stuka zu fus conversion of the sdkfz 251, a conversion kit to make the spitfire into a mk V etc.

And artillery would be a good subject for them to cover too...

:idea:

MarkOne:18
Company Rep - Build-A-Rama
Company Rep - Build-A-Rama

Suggestions

Post by MarkOne:18 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:00 am

Hi Guys,

We are excited about Bad Cat joining our list of retail outlets. We have some great stuff planned for this year.

As always I really appreciate your suggestions and will try my best to get them out. If any of you have pictures of a particular item or conversion you would like to see made, feel free to send it to us.

Thanks again to everyones continued support.
Mark
http://www.build-a-rama.com

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Feb 16, 2005 10:52 am

Smart business move Mark!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

digger

BaR at BCA

Post by digger » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:47 pm

The Build-a-Rama stuff is at Bad Cat which is great, but my only concern is how the stowage has almost doubled in price in the last year :? For 12 bucks you may be better off buying som PTE and throwing away the figures and vehicle :roll:

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: BaR at BCA

Post by Teamski » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:16 pm

digger wrote:The Build-a-Rama stuff is at Bad Cat which is great, but my only concern is how the stowage has almost doubled in price in the last year :? For 12 bucks you may be better off buying som PTE and throwing away the figures and vehicle :roll:
Well, you can't forget the middle-man, you know. I'm happy for Mark though. If anybody deserves credit for doing it right, he does. He's been around since the beginning of the XD craze. Way to go Build-O-Rama and well done...........

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:05 pm

I don't think the Build-a-Rama products differ in price on the BCA site than what they do on the Build-a-Rama site. Its still great stuff, however, and I just ordered some more stowage sets (from the Build-a-Rama site) to redo the baggage on my M-113.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Tue Mar 01, 2005 6:08 pm

When you guys buy from Build-A-Rama do they take a credit card...and what do you guys think of their products...the photos I've seen look nice!
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:52 pm

Build-a-Rama takes either credit card or Paypal. The products are excellent! The are very detailed and weathered. The plastic used for the boxes is durable. Some of the smaller pieces are detailed as well, such as the latch and hinges on the .50 cal. ammo cans. Its all very well worth the purchase.

Jesse James

Re: BaR at BCA

Post by Jesse James » Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:11 am

digger wrote:The Build-a-Rama stuff is at Bad Cat which is great, but my only concern is how the stowage has almost doubled in price in the last year :? For 12 bucks you may be better off buying som PTE and throwing away the figures and vehicle :roll:
I agree sadly on some of the items... PTE makes hedgehogs, and for $12, which they jmped to, it's probably more worth the while getting them through the sets they're offered in the PTE line if you like the set's other items they come with.

The price spike's disappointing... Seemed to come with Badcat too which sorta bites, but if it's helping Mark then more power to him. It's gonna force me to rethink what I get though unfortunately. When a figure itself is around $7, an accessory for $12 is pushing things, depending on the accessory of course.

Still wanting to nab a couple items irregardless though... Some I'm more inclined to give a go at making myself though now unfortunately.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Plastic Spastic
Corporal
Corporal

A Lazy Bastard Question for Build-A-Rama and BadCat folks:

Post by Plastic Spastic » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:27 am

Something I have been wondering about, out of laziness moreso than thrift, is would it be possible to order one of everthing in the build-a-rama 1:18 line as a package deal? I can't remember what it all cost, back when I added it up the last time, but even if the price for the all-inclusive set were more than if you bought them seperately, it would be worth it.

As an aside, with the way toy companies and stores are doing things these days, I'd like to thank the online retailers for jumping in there and helping out with making and distributing the cool stuff that is so hard to find now.

KWR190
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by KWR190 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:45 am

The price went up before way before Badcat got there stuff and if you look at prices there both the same Badcat didnt mark them up which is great I think its great for Mark now alot of peaple sees his stuff
Kurt