bbi WWII Figures!! P-51 Mustang, Sherman et al

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:54 am

I like the Sci Fi figures. Reminds me of the old Kenner mockups from the original trilogy that were made from the old Fisher Price 3-3/4" figures (how many remember those?). And who doesn't like the Rock Star Mace Windu head?

Nice on the WWII, but CAN WE GET SOME JAPANESE PACIFIC THEATHRE STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even North Africa would be nice and different. Or, how about some Red Army figures?

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:14 am

I am EXTREMELY impressed with the two figures we know are in production - the WWII Tanker and P-51 pilot. Detail is excellent, these really blow 21st out of the water, I'm sorry to say, and are as good as many customs I've seen. I just hope these two are available carded, I'd buy multiples of each.

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:21 am

sounds like bbi is making the right move by adding WWII to its product list, i just hope it doesnt affect the releases and availabillity of their modern stuff
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:18 am

I wish we could see the road wheels on that new tank!

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

BBI Sherman

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:44 pm

Hey all I got out of the 1/18th awhile back but that new BBi sherman is making me come back it looks so sweet!Though i hope the running gear is weathered more,the top hulll and turret look nice but the bottom looks show room new to me.I hope this brings good things bu 21st and bbi going for WW2 vehicles etc maybe 21st will start making more vehicles to keep up now either way im BACK :D I

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:54 pm

Hey Kimtrxd.....glad you found your way to our new home. The BBI sherman also has an engine (as seen in one of the pictures) and maybe (?) an interior? At any rate it's nice to see BBI finally get into WW2.

With this and 21c's Panzer IV, truck and M113 we may at last be seeing a new stream of armour. (and BOY has it been a long wait, as those of us who have been here from the very beginning can atest).

With all the new figures, armour and planes due out in the months ahead we're all going to be broke and up to our armpits......but happy. :-)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:00 pm

WHY DON'T I HAVE ANY EMOTICONS!!

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:21 pm

Sorry for the double post earlier.

Those futuristic figures look to me as Rifts (RPG from Palladium Books) characters or maybe some troops from Aliens in some way. That tank would fit right in with the Coalition from Rifts. I wonder what they are to be if anything.

momaw nadon

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:49 pm

Wow - it all looks great to me! Really love the Kiowa, and the Sherman has some nice detail, as does the P-51. Plus I'm psyched about the WWII figures. bbi will get even more of my $$$.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:49 am

a question for the Sherman experts. I've wanted to do a DDay 'funny' custom Sherman tank (ie make a DD or a mine flailer etc.) Which of the now TWO Shermans available has the better hull for such a project; the BBI or the 21c?

digger

bbi Super Humvee

Post by digger » Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:57 am

I don't kow if anybody has pointed out the fact the Super Humvee is convertable. This is an awesome development, and hopefully we will see more of this on other vehicles. What better vehicle to do it on than a humvee anyway....Nice job bbi.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:15 am

I just went back and looked at the figures that you guys were saying are star wars parts and stuff.... What a frankenstein freak show!!! I knew there was something way off with that stuff! I mean really, why do it? what is it supoposed to be? Why show it? Its not like they are going to produce them this way. Even if a vietnam Luke skywalker is amuseing. That Mace figure with the skull. What is that supposed to be. I couldn't stand that figure even when it was in its proper context. I hope they get a law suit for hacking apart, reassembling, and displaying others companies products. Even if it is only designed to test buyer interest. At this point I am not only NOT interested Its just stupid. I wish I could have been there to ask them why they look like some circus freak show. Good luck with the line fellas! I will continue to buy my figs from 21st!

tko211

Post by tko211 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:19 am

I've personally NOT seen mock-ups using other toy company's product, but I know it's not uncommon to use it in a NON-public situation. I'm surprised they displayed those. -quote jesse james

I FULLY agree and I would have called heads on them for that If I had been there. I just really looks bad!

M4Sherman
Corporal
Corporal

Post by M4Sherman » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:33 pm

Yes a mortor! FINALLY! The figures look amazing! I will deffinatly be buying many of these figures. And of course I'll be buying SHERMANS! They look amazing. Great stuff.

Joe
A hero to a New Yorker like you is some kind of wierd sandwich! -Oddball Kelly's Heroes.

0311 SEMPER FIDELIS

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:18 am

It is just testing waters I'm sure... I mean, honestly I could get into a futuristic military toy line. Someone mentioned something akin to the Colonial Marines from Alien(s) series. I wouldn't turn my nose to XD versions of those figures, but the poses and faces would definitely cut out a lot of my interest should they wind up being that extreme.

The concept doesn't bother me though, and I'm 100% sure that whatever those were weren't even vaguely close to final.

It's one of those things to just ignore for the time being and let it play out... 21st may be onto a neat niche if they could somehow tap into the already popular Star Wars brand with a knock-off (sorta) military sci-fi brand of their own. Can't say anyone's ever tested the LFL limits really... Not in the U.S. anyway, and never on any serious level outside the u.S.

It's not illegal unless they're selling it (literally), but... I can't say it's overly appealing either. I'm surprised they were putting anything that rough out. It's really simple hack-job customizing with little thought it seems. I dunno. The more I look at it though, the more I wonder how it could be anything but a sci-fi line. I can't fathom that being an effort towards anything "normal" really.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

mburduck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mburduck » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:33 am

You know, guys, just when I figure I'm only going to buy tanks, they come out with something like that beautiful Mustang. Ain't life a pain at times? :wink:

Mike

Mad Ewok
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mad Ewok » Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:25 pm

Looks like the P-51 pilot might come with a working parachute, look closely at it.