Badcat: "new rounds of 1:18 and 1:32"

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Badcat: "new rounds of 1:18 and 1:32"

Post by dragon53 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:42 am

From Badcat's latest email about new 1/18 and 1/32 releases:

"Finally, the manufacturers are beginning to talk. Talk is good. The door is opening for proposals and projects as the economy has made them hungrier. This situation has not existed for a couple of years. Expect new rounds of 1:18 and 1:32 exclusives from multiple manufacturers and retailers within the next year. Pretty exciting week really, there's some very interesting projects on the drawing board."

(I sure hope there's good news about the 21st 1/18 Phantom or a new BBI 1/32 Phantom or F-15)

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:44 am

Nice, looking forward to seeing what's around the corner. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:13 am

As long as it isnt a bunch of more repaints (unless it is an FW-190 :wink:

digger

new stuff

Post by digger » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 am

Exclusives are usually repaints as they don't allow for enough numbers to carry a mold. That doesn't mean it can't also be a new item with an exclusive paint scheme.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:55 am

Yep. It's highly unlikely that these will be anything but repaints considering the wording: "Expect <i>new rounds</i> of 1:18 and 1:32 <i>exclusives</i> from multiple manufacturers and retailers within the next year."

If these were actually new models being produced: (a) there wouldn't be previous "rounds" (read precedents) recorded in recent history (so to speak) to qualify as such (please correct me if I'm wrong, but all the BadCat exclusives so far have been repaints); and (b) they wouldn't be released as "exclusives" (meaning a relatively limited production run). Unless, of course, we're talking the MTS/AT approach to the Dauntless.

Now, it's highly unlikely that any of the big three will be willing to produce anything new in 1:18 other than what's already scheduled (heck, Pappy Boyington's still waiting for his ground crew somewhere in the Pacific) at a time when the economy is already tanking (ok, that has to be the understatement of the year), and the Chinese have a revolt to contend with (Power to the people!).

BTW, The Motor Pool is not listing the F-4 with a release date of Septmeber '08 anymore. If that's anything to go by, I'd be more than happy to see the likes of the KT and the 88 this year.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to back the King up on this one. Sounds like just another one of those vague "wait, don't give up yet, keep checking our website" sort of statements. I don't even pay attention to those anymore, or PRE-ORDER announcements for that matter.
Damn I'm jaded, but I'll believe 'em when I see 'em.
I'll also agree that we'll likely see repaints.

Oh well... :roll:

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:29 pm

Yes, looks like the 1/18th scale F-4 Phantom is long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long way off. :(
Paul Hebert

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:48 pm

So let me see if I got this right: you're saying it's a long way off?:wink:

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Yes I think so. :D :D :D :D
Paul Hebert

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:27 pm

Grilledcheese wrote:Yeah, I think I'm gonna have to back the King up on this one. Sounds like just another one of those vague "wait, don't give up yet, keep checking our website" sort of statements.
Correct - and remember that blogs which post this sort of "useful information" with copious links back to a particular web site are designed first and foremost to increase Google ranking for the linked site.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:09 pm

For me, buying repaints is because 1) there may be a scheme I like, but 2) also to help the company be profitable so they can develop and sell new models. I've been keeping my end of the bargain..................... :roll:

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Long Way Off?

Post by lightning2000 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Paul,
You're way off base by saying that the F-4 is "twelve" long way offs. Eleven, maybe, ten, certainly, but twelve? C'mon, where do you get such information from (hiding under the heavy oak table)?

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Ok, I give in. I reduce my number to long, long, long, long, long, times before we see a 1/18th scale F-4 Phantom. See I narrowed it down to five. :D
Paul Hebert

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:29 pm

the F4 will be like the B-25 (and Mig 21)....it will probably never happen but might in a few years when the economy is roaring again, oil has come down in price and pigs are flying...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:46 pm

"here piggy piggy piggy" *PUSH* *SPLAAAT* Dang not yet :cry: any one for B.B. Q.? :oops:
Could not think of anything to put here.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Well '2012' is approaching rather quickly. O_O

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:14 pm

i think by 2020 we'll be looking back on this, with 2020 hindsight ( :wink: ) and saying we should have known they wouldn't happen.

Save me a couple of tender loin chops, Kim.

:)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:17 pm

I just clicked on TheMotorpool's September, 2008 releases and the 21st Century 1/18 Phantom is still there...

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:43 pm

dragon53 wrote:I just clicked on TheMotorpool's September, 2008 releases and the 21st Century 1/18 Phantom is still there...
You can safely ignore that because it is meaningless. No site or store has any inside information. You can rest assured that 21st Century will provide real release info to everyone when the time is appropriate.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:51 pm

This year is almost 1/4 done and my thought is if we were going to see some action we would have heard something definite. The KT, 88MM and Panther will be a suprise to me if we see them in Q2.

And let's face it, at what they are going to be charging us who can afford much more this year! :P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Tales of the Cat has a topic about upcoming offerings. Rob said there that there is talk of repaints and new toolings. But, he was not able to discuss specifics yet. He did reference limited special editions to specific retailers. There were also pictures of Wildcats and Hurricanes in the post. It was said that this could be food for thought or just a tease.

No matter what I do like to hear that 1/18 airplanes are at least being discussed. Now we just need to see them in production with new models.

Kris

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm

dragon53 wrote:I just clicked on TheMotorpool's September, 2008 releases and the 21st Century 1/18 Phantom is still there...
You're right, it's still listed as "4th Quarter 2008" though the site's a little misleading/contradictory in this regard, as the "Release Date" is unknown. Seems a little bit odd that they should know when the plane will ship, but not if/when it will be released:
This particular F-4D Phantom II was flown by Capt. Richard Stephen “Steve” Ritchie. Ritchie was a talented pilot and a natural at the controls as he flew many combat missions during the Vietnam War. To sharpen his skills, Ritchie would fly missions every 2 or 3 days, always receiving high performance evaluations. Ritchie was credited with a total of 5 air combat victories and emerged as the only US Air Force Ace of the Vietnam War. His raw talent and cocky fighting spirit earned him the respect of his fellow officers, and inspired the next generation of modern day fighter pilots. Ship Date: 4th Quarter 2008.

Wingspan: ? inches
Length: ? inches

Release Date: ?
Source: http://www.themotorpool.net/USAF-McDonn ... hantom.htm

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:58 pm

I think we will see the Dec 21, 2012 Doomsday :shock: before a 1/18 F-4, B-25,or
Mig 21 :twisted:
o yes! as a note Gen. Steve Ritchie is #2 pilot on Starfighters airshow team :D
Phabulous Phantoms Phorever rule the sky
and Starfighters Rule the Stars

http://WWW.Panda-Hobby.COM

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Doomsday?!

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:13 pm

December 21st, 2012, you say? Hehe, thats a day after my 56th birthday. At least I get my birthday presents a day before the world ends! :shock:

I wonder if I should start making my Amazon.com wish list viewable to the public? :D

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

Coreyeagle48

1/18

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:17 pm

Greetings:

What that post said may not be all untrue. There are some things we know.

1.) Admiral has been working on a Dauntless. We know because Jason has showed us pictures of the construction.

2.) We know BBI is going to be releasing repaints of the F-18 and F-16 as someone shared with us a preorder for those planes.

3.) Didn't someone say BBI was releasing a 109G this year in 1/18? That could be one of the new releases.

4.) If any company has any type of brain, they will not tell anyone anything because we all know how 21st loves to steal stuff.

5.) We already know a Spitfire is coming in 1/32, possibly a Starfighter and certainly a Dauntless. A Wildcat, Hurricane or Lightining in this scale is a real possiblity.

6.) We already know a P-40 special edition is coming.

7.) If any new 1/18 bird comes out this year, I doubt it's a jet. My gut would say a Hurricane (long overdue) or a Wildcat. If it's a Wildcat it's defintely from BBI.

8. There will be one BBI F-18 Blue Angels jet released by accident, I will buy an agreesor scheme and get it. BBI will try to get it back but I will keep it and I will have my Blue Angels F-18. (okay, wishful thinking)
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube