The 21st King tiger thread

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:52 pm

the 88 being the same price is even more ridiculous. It's real nice. But $49.99 tops. I will definitely be waiting for the dark grey one now. And my plans to get 6 have been shaved to 2 or maybe 3.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:30 pm

I think I'll wait till I see what retailers sell them for instead of online "list prices". You'll find there's a lot of fudging and exageration with online retailers, and I'm not entirely sold that this is going to be a near $100 item.

Hasbro's offering a $100 AT-TE for the Star Wars line... It has motorized features, lights, sounds, comes with a pack-in figure, and it's 2 feet long and a foot wide. Hasbro's always been "pricey" compared to this hobby because of costs associated with the Star Wars brand... It took a lot for retailers to accept these large ticket items from a MAJOR movie toy line, so I'm betting TRU or Wal-Mart wouldn't exactly bite on something that pricey from a line that's seemingly very adult-oriented.

Like I say, I'll wait till I see these out and about in the wild. I'll make the call then if they're too much, just right, or even a bargain at the price.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:37 pm

At $90 (plus some steep shipping costs, I am sure), the 88 and KT probably won't make it into the collection. And I definitely won't be adding any more Panthers to the collection, if they will be over $50-60 each (which I consider steep enough for one of the least detailed 21st tanks, as it is).
I guess we will wait and see what the future holds-I am crossing my fingers that the Motorpool is trying to pick up a "first offering" premium, and that this isin't indicative of the pricing we can expect if and when they show up at TRU or Bad Cat. Inflation and a crappy dollar justify a bit of an increase, but not essentially doubling the price--especially considering 21st's record for quality control. If that is how 21st solves losing the Walmart account, then they also have proven that they have no respect for their fan base, either. At least now we have confirmation that the $90 F4 claim was a load of crap, too...
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:39 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, I wanted to beef up my (compared to you 1/18 only guys) paltry 1/18 collection but this will definitely be a one only deal. Makes the e-bay prices look damn tootin' low :!:

As much as I want to grumble, 21C made the damn thing and now I must buy it. They have got to get WM, TRU or Target in on the deal here or 21C will be selling to collectors only which will limit their releases and continue to put cost through the ceiling.

Tell me though, the 1/32 Hetzer for $14.99 is looking like a veritable STEAL at this time, isn't it boys. :P
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:52 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:well, the good news is that at this price, it is just a matter of time before retailers offer sale, or even clearance prices because there arent many mommies that are going to pay 90.00 bucks for a half plastic tank when they can buy a whole division's worth of toys from other companies. Between ToysRus markdowns and E-tailer inventory reduction sales, I'll get one eventually :D (now if 21st had decent customer relations, I would pay full price, but that's another horse that has long been beaten to death) :wink:
Yes Sir Andy, sounds like you have the right idea!
VMF115 wrote:I do have one ace up my sleeve I drive a doge neon , less gas means more XD.
You may be on to something too VMF. At $3.80 a gallon, my Dodge Ram Turbo Diesel couldn't give a rats rear about my XD "expenses". Guess thats why that $90 price tag is hard to stomach at this point. Hey, thats ALMOST a full tank of fuel!? :|

Anybody got a Neon they want to unload???

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Hrm. Oh wells. Maybe that KT can transform into an Phantom!

I'm just waiting for the nice flashy graphics at 21st's site announcing KT's price to be the great unheard-of price of over $100!!! :lol:

BTW at double the price, you can get this:
http://www.matotoys.com/canada/product_ ... cts_id=237

1/16 Full RC King Tiger. All the RC goodness, plus it has real working tracks and suspension.

And besides, 21st's figures are 1/16th scale anyway. :lol:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:30 pm

Like several have said - I'll wait until these are out to see where the "actual" price falls. If its still around $100, then I b*tch. Until then, just wait and see.....
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Yikes!!!! Surprised to hear that the upcoming KT will run that high! Me thinks 21st wants more customers to buy just one as opposed to a few customers buying many. :D

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:36 pm

It seemes odd to me that tis dealer would sell a repainted Panther for the same amount has the new KT. Even if the price is the same, I think $104. for the repainted Panther is way out there. I hoping they will all sell for a lot less at TRU's then this dealer can afford to let them go for.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Editted -

Post by General Blasto » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:20 am

I too am hoping this is just an oversight.
A hundred dollars is quite a jump from what was is it, $40 for the other tanks when they were on sale :?: I also agree that at this price of $100, I'll only be getting a couple tanks if more than one in protest to this horrible new price :evil: I may just skip the 88 for now too because I don't care for DAK colors and I don't model that theater. With an inflated price on the KTs, I'll have to start selling the planes I have collected in order to afford the tanks. May just have to sell the BOB stuff too in order to afford more than 2 tanks :( I have watched the cost of the large scale trains rise a bit over the years, but there was never this bad of a jump, more than doubling the price :shock: Perhaps I should sell EVERYTHING except a few pieces and go back into trains. At least they don't gouge you on ripping you off on an inflated price :roll: Perhaps this cost increase could be due to someone seeing the outragous prices on evil bay folks(I included) have paid for the out of production tanks.

BTW, who was the place or person that said this would be the new price ??? Because they are doing 21st C a great dis-service by scaring off folks from buying the new items.

Like I said before, I hope this is just a bad mistake and a mis-quoted price because it's making me think twice about continuing in this hobby. I have 2 boxcars coming today that the 2 cars will cost just a little more than the new price of the KT or the 88 gun. Makes me think twice like I said. It just makes a person wonder why the cost will be more than double in just less than 5 or 6 years. A couple cents of thought to think about. Da General

*** I guess I should add that I don't want to knock 21st C, but it's just a real blow to me( and others) that the cost of the models is going to double. Is this a thing to come with the soldiers too, where we will be payin' $10 or more for Each of them ??? With the cost of everything going up, wages seem to stay the same and the funds we have for our hobbies will decrease. It's just a shame to have to sit and think of this that someone wants to put the screws to us and seemingly overcharge for about the same product as before. I do realize that the 88 and KT are new and better detailed - esp. the 88, but the KT is just a new mold with most of the tank being plastic and what about the re-release of the Panther, it's only going to be a REPAINT, no re-tooling or changes to the molding. I dunno, I now feel bad that I have ranted and raved about this possible price increase. And I think we will be more at ease when we get the true info from TKO on the price and availibility of the new items. End of edit ***

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 am

Well, before I drop the axe, I am going to wait and see what the final word is. Some airplane vendors have MSRPs (or list prices) that seem sky high. So, I am hoping this is a similar situation. 60 to 70 is high, but I can deal. A c-note will require more contemplation before a purchase.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:31 pm

Some airplane vendors have MSRPs (or list prices) that seem sky high.
Exactly... Let's see what TRU or WM sell the KT for before there's actual panic.

See, etailers aren't always ethical... I'm not pointing fingers at any one etailer here either, I'm simply stating that they're small and they've got to make a buck as best they can, and sometimes I see owners get carried away with what they say are list prices when I've known better... Plus they're sometimes they're an etailer buying through a vendor buying from 21st, etc., etc. There's a lot of factors that could dramatically inflate a store's supposed "list price".

Etailers almost always sell things for more... Other hobbies there are some that actually are able to undercut major retailers though, and it's to their benefit to do so, but they've have a much larger support-base than a company would who is selling XD stuff.

I'm gonna just wait this out and see what the actual toys cost when I see them and then make my decisions. There's not even any sense dwelling on what some etailer reported, as far as I'm concerned. They're not the source I rely on for sure.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

cost

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:58 pm

It is easy, just put $5 in a jar each week and by the time these are released you will have change left over.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:12 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:well, the good news is that at this price, it is just a matter of time before retailers offer sale, or even clearance prices because there arent many mommies that are going to pay 90.00 bucks for a half plastic tank when they can buy a whole division's worth of toys from other companies. Between ToysRus markdowns and E-tailer inventory reduction sales, I'll get one eventually :D (now if 21st had decent customer relations, I would pay full price, but that's another horse that has long been beaten to death) :wink:
Another option to consider: some etailers may drop the 21st products altogether. Could this have something to do with The Flying Mule's decision to suddenly stop carrying 21st?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:08 pm

King O' Fools wrote:
Another option to consider: some etailers may drop the 21st products altogether. Could this have something to do with The Flying Mule's decision to suddenly stop carrying 21st?
Hell, I wouldn't blame them if they did drop them. I personally could care less at this point. There are now more companies and new poduct lines coming soon (i.e. Indiana and FOV) for me to care too much about this one anymore. :wink:

pickelhaube

Re: cost

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:48 pm

ARMY GROUP 1 wrote:It is easy, just put $5 in a jar each week and by the time these are released you will have change left over.
Let us see. If the KT will come out in 2 years like the Avenger. Umm that was 2 years in the making. Give or take a week that would be $520. So that is enough for 5 tanks or 2 off of e-bay. :twisted:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:10 am

Bums me out that we'll probably never see this. I don't want a 1/16 RC KT. I want a 1:18 static one. Oh, well....

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:09 pm

Well I know what happened to the 21st Century KT's, they're now in stock at 'The Warehouse' in NZ, same place I found the PTE Chinese stuff. I'm going back later to pick a few up! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:30 pm

Whaaaa :shock:
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Wowwy Wow wow wow! :shock:
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:39 pm

WAAAAHHHHHH..... :?: :shock: For real?

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:53 pm

tankduel wrote:Well I know what happened to the 21st Century KT's, they're now in stock at 'The Warehouse' in NZ, same place I found the PTE Chinese stuff. I'm going back later to pick a few up! :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: Hey Tankduel. Great find! Thanks for ringing work to tell me (boss wondered where i went!) :shock: I swung past the warehouse store in Newmarket and they have 4 KT 's next to the PTE stuff. They're up on the top shelf where they usually put the surplus stock. :shock:
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:57 pm

I checked their website and they aren't there? - at least not yet????
Last edited by Light.Inf.Scout on Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:03 pm

I think we're being hit by early April Fools merriement here in the USA :D

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:05 pm

I wondered about that but it is March 31? is it already April 1 there???