Hey fellas, check this out!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:11 am

interesting news tosborne. Long time to wait but still good news. I hope they expand beyond the movie figs and make figs from all the TV series....boy would that be fun. :D
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:49 am

The King Tiger and 88 look great and look forward to adding them to my collection, but is this all the new stuff to show at the Toy Show this year (from any of the companies?) If so, it's not lookng good for 1:18 scale military. Was hoping to see more from any company, not just 21st. On the plus side, leaves more money for the Indiana Jones line! (Didnt TKO say we would have somebody at the Toy show reporting and taking pics? Sure would like to know if this is it, so I dont keep checking back at all the sites for nothing :wink: )

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:19 pm

exether_mega wrote:Look at the KT, no camo on the gun as it was a replacement one ! Great idea 21st !

phil
Can ya'll fill me in on that? The gun barrel camo in the photos looks a tad disappointing.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm

skypirate wrote:
exether_mega wrote:Look at the KT, no camo on the gun as it was a replacement one ! Great idea 21st !

phil
Can ya'll fill me in on that? The gun barrel camo in the photos looks a tad disappointing.
there's no camo on it as it was replaced on the battlefield. Very often, spare parts were all metal or in red primer and painted in unit. In this case, there was no time for a painting and as soon as fitted with a new gun, once again in the battle :wink:

phil

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Really, really appreciate the pics...

Post by lablksmith » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Man I realy appreciate the pics. Realy made my day. With the great FOV figs out and all this new stuff I feel real fortunate. I pre ordered two 88s and one Tiger 2. I really have been hoping for prone figures and kneeling ones. Adds a lot to the hobby.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:15 pm

Hey guys

Are those all new figures? or are they part of the D-Day figures that came out back when? Im mostly talking about the kneeling US Troop.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:30 am

exether_mega wrote:
skypirate wrote: Can ya'll fill me in on that? The gun barrel camo in the photos looks a tad disappointing.
there's no camo on it as it was replaced on the battlefield. Very often, spare parts were all metal or in red primer and painted in unit. In this case, there was no time for a painting and as soon as fitted with a new gun, once again in the battle :wink:

phil
Many sincere thanks for the explanation.

digger

new figs

Post by digger » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:24 am

SGT. Saunders wrote:Hey guys

Are those all new figures? or are they part of the D-Day figures that came out back when? Im mostly talking about the kneeling US Troop.
We have not yet gotten D-Day figs with static legs. I love what they do for the figs so I am psyched for these, especially the US Machine gunner.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:19 pm

Agreed digger! Im also very psyched about those figures. It's just to bad that there's no British troops, I just hope this isn't another year without!
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:29 pm

exether_mega wrote:
skypirate wrote: Can ya'll fill me in on that? The gun barrel camo in the photos looks a tad disappointing.

phil
If you look at other pics, it looks like the KT barrel has camo on it. The left side has red primer color, while the right side has dark green color.

Ick.

What happened to the super-awesome camo job they showed at the 21st website?

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:17 pm

http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=628 I know all you guys have probally seen these, but if not, ENJOY!! 8)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

V2 MAN
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by V2 MAN » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:04 pm

I think the requirments on 88 buying to me would be at least 3 of each scheme and possibly and extra. For the kt id say about 2. So anyone want to start price guessing for the 88 and kt? Id say around the 20's for the 88 and 39.99 for the kt :wink:
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img4e]http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5694/userbar650558jb9.gif[/img4e][/url]

GOOD TRADE CONTACTS:
Coreyeagle48
migmadmavis
The one and only RAZOR17019
Rowsdower
Grunt1
Holensock
Blasto
tambo

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:15 pm

I'll be getting the first 88 I can find. Then that will have to be it for ground stuff. I might be able to shift some stuff around should the FAMO be released, but I'm not sure how.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

digger

prices

Post by digger » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:57 pm

V2 MAN wrote:I think the requirments on 88 buying to me would be at least 3 of each scheme and possibly and extra. For the kt id say about 2. So anyone want to start price guessing for the 88 and kt? Id say around the 20's for the 88 and 39.99 for the kt :wink:
:lol: :lol: I would guess again. If the Pak 40 was in the $20s I think you need to reconsider.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:21 pm

I would guess again. If the Pak 40 was in the $20s I think you need to reconsider.
Agree...I think it will likely be closer to around $40 or so for the 88, and $50+ for the KT. Nothing would make me happier than to get the 88 for 20 bucks, but that seems doubtful. In the grand scheme of things, I think we are going to have to get used to the idea of higher prices for the stuff we collect, it's already happening with some of the FOV stuff. :cry:
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:55 pm

$40 for the 88 seems reasonable, especially considering the amount of detail and parts that must go into it. Afterall, the halftracks standard retail was about $30. $50 for the Kingtiger seems logical, but I almost would not be surprised if it sold for $60. If 21c uses diecast in the construction, that will drive the cost up...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

figs

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:51 am

I am impressed with the new figures. Gators on the american infantry, finally some accurate pea-dot camo smocks, and new head sculpts. Loved the 30 cal machine gunner and the assault gunner jerry. All in all I am loving these products. Now if we can only get some Stalingrad Russian infantry (male and female) and some jerries to go with. I could die in peace.