FORCES OF VALOR TO CUT BACK PRODUCTION&NEW 1/18 AIRCRAFT

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
scudruner
Corporal
Corporal

FORCES OF VALOR TO CUT BACK PRODUCTION&NEW 1/18 AIRCRAFT

Post by scudruner » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:01 pm

:roll: greetings, i am a new member here and this is my first posting so hope i am in the right place. i was into BAD CAT TOYS this morning and in there colum of t ales of the cat there is an article that states due to china's politicts&production shortfalls that they are urging the lesser mfg;s to get out of the toy market and fov has stopped production of their stryker unit. &other items. bad cat states they will no longer take pre orders unless a genuine comittment can be given. also he states that a new aircraft in 1/18 is due to be released soon, but won;t state what,who or why/ myself i think it is the model of the bell x1a from pegasus. we shall see. perhaps y;all should check out the cat;s forum for yourselves as i would hate to mis represent any thing. good disscussion article for comments.
regards SCUDRUNER&TALLY HO
BANDITS/TALYHO

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:20 pm

there was a lengthy discussion about FOV and stryker in the 1/32 forum....seems that it was lack of interest more than anything for the styker's cancellation. I wouldn't buy in to what's said on Badcat's blog too much.....

The new 1/18 aircraft could be interesting...

Welcome to the board.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:20 pm

Ten bucks that the new aircraft is a P-51 Mustang.

A "D" model, of course.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:46 pm

I don't think the modern items are even remotely the best sellers for FOV in 1:32 scale. So, it doesn't surprise me to hear about it being canceled. The last new modern item (HIMARS) has been a poor seller as far as I can tell, certainly compared to other historical items which have outsold it 10:1 or better.

Maybe the item would have done better in 1:18 scale. Personally, I think it would have. Hopefully consideration of it in 1:18 scale isn't off.

aferguson wrote:there was a lengthy discussion about FOV and stryker in the 1/32 forum....seems that it was lack of interest more than anything for the styker's cancellation. I wouldn't buy in to what's said on Badcat's blog too much.....

The new 1/18 aircraft could be interesting...

Welcome to the board.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

KAMIKAZE
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Yeah, but this mustang will be (special)
GooglyDoogly. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:50 pm

KAMIKAZE wrote:Yeah, but this mustang will be (special)
GooglyDoogly. :wink:

Mark
What new aircraft??????????????
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:04 am

Hopefully the 1/18 Stryker is still in the works. From what I have seen, even the overstock of Bradleys and Abrams seem to be selling pretty well--especially considering that they are both vehicles that were already available. The real test for FOV will be when they start releasing 1/18 vehicles that no one else is making.

The airplane? P-51D, Bf-109G, or Corsair.... and please let me be wrong!!!! I would love to see FOV release a plane that is a first, like the Hurricane or P-39. Although I will also admit that a Spitfire, even though it's already out there, would be nice, too, since the 21st version is pretty hard to find. And it would follow the FOV trend of having initial releases that also exist in their 1/32 line already.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:29 am

Over the years I watched the large scale train market go up and down.
I also watched how the manufacturers announced and canceled items due to demand. My favorite manufacturer promised many things, but would only make what would get the most orders. Also some private investments would help to bring out new models. It was stated by that said manufacturer that IF you could put out several hundered thousand dollars(to cover the molds and tooling) that he would make it. a couple groups of folks did that and new models went to the front of the line and were produced. Thus may be the case here. Personally, I wouldn't totally believe a distributer's word on a product line when he carries LOTS of a different manufacturers line(see how much BC carries in 21st C ).

Personally, I don't care much about the planes, I won't invest anything post WWII also. I'd like to see the B-25 and a few multi engine German planes, but I'll invest much quicker in soldiers and armour first. Just my 2 cent worth. Da General

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:13 am

General Blasto wrote:Personally, I wouldn't totally believe a distributer's word on a product line when he carries LOTS of a different manufacturers line(see how much BC carries in 21st C ).
You hit the nail on the head. None of the major manufacturers/vendors are going to tell any "big secrets" to any of their retailers ESPECIALLY those who have relationships with all of their competitors. Any claims to the contrary are simply efforts to generate hype and hits to one's web site. It's one of the reasons I don't even ask - I feel it is a sign of respect to the manufacturers to acknowledge the competitive environment that they work in, and thus work with the information they provide, when they are ready to reveal it.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

digger

stryker

Post by digger » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:45 pm

I got the impression from the lady at the Unimax booth that the Stryker is not happening in any scale. Yes, I asked specifically about 1:18. On the other hand, she admitted that the whole Bravo Team line was a bit of a mystery to them b/c of the Target relationship. She said Unimax did not even have product samples of the BT figs in their office, and I believe her (remember 21C and walmart's direct from China set-up).

On the bright side she didn't know much about BT distribution at all - saying she thought WWII figs were coming (I told her they were out) - so maybe she is wrong about the Stryker.

Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:43 pm

I'm pretty sure the 1:18 Stryker is still on the way, because there isn't any pre-order requirement like there was for the 1:32 Stryker right?