An absolute bargin if.....

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

An absolute bargin if.....

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:47 pm

you can get past the shipping costs. Bought one of the Heng Long 1/16 RC Tiger tanks off ebay for $30. All I can say is WOW. Thats about the average price and that is one nice tank. I bought it with the thought of scraping it for some of the parts (air filters for example), but when I saw it, that thought went out the window. At $30, its a better tank in my opinion than the 21st Tiger. Like the 21st and FOV 1/18 tanks, its not perfect but only needs a little tweaking to be super nice. I won't ever put the batteries in, but just use it for display.

Now for the bad part. That sucker is heavy with the motors in it. Box also has the remote control, battery charger, battery pack, and a few accessories. Shipping is around $40. If you can find a hobby shop that carries them at a reasonable price, pick one up. You will not be disappointed. The 21st figures look more in scale with it than the 21st tanks.

MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

* Hen Long ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:59 pm

[+] > Hmmm ,.. would like to get a T-34 or a Panzer III Ausf. L , sometime. * 8)

[+] > ..... maybe even a Sturmtiger too. * :wink: + = 8)

* I'm not so sure about the Pershing though , I gather it's quite out of scale compared to Tamiya's.

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Pretty funny you just bought one. Tomorrow, Mr. Postman should be delivering a HL M-41 with airsoft cannon. Oooooo, I can't wait. Pretty much the same price as you got yours.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

smittyrob64
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by smittyrob64 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:35 pm

I've got 2 of these. A panzer III and a Tiger 1.

I order mine from Mato toys in Canada, shipping $25 CAD.
http://www.matotoys.com/canada/index.php?cPath=1
It comes from Mato with better battery, metal gearboxes and I got metal track upgrades. With the metal tracks you get a very realistic look and fantastic heavy track sag. I thought of modifying the included plastic tracks for my 21st Tiger.

Yankee John
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Yankee John » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:45 am

I have a conversion kit on the way from England (via eBay) that converts the HL Panther into a Jagdpather. I thought this was soo cool that I bought it even before I have the donor tank!

John

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: * Hen Long ( ? )

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:40 pm

MG-42 wrote:[+] > Hmmm ,.. would like to get a T-34 or a Panzer III Ausf. L , sometime. * 8)

[+] > ..... maybe even a Sturmtiger too. * :wink: + = 8)

* I'm not so sure about the Pershing though , I gather it's quite out of scale compared to Tamiya's.

Mitch v MG
The pershing is practically the same as Tamiya's since Hen Long directly copied Tamiya's mold in order to make it.

It's that silly-looking barrel that makes it so toyish-looking, plus the mantlet is simply wonky.

The Tiger has more thing needed to be fixed, but if you really don't care for detail and accuracy, then it's a pretty good Tiger.

Much better than 21st anyway. :wink:

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:50 pm

One thing to note. PLEASE Beware of sellers in Ebay that sell these tanks for dirt cheap, but have like, 49.99 or higher in shipping.

Because if something happens and you demand a refund, guess what? Some of them will NOT refund the shipping.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:46 am

Because if something happens and you demand a refund, guess what? Some of them will NOT refund the shipping.
A lot of sellers don't realize it, but disclaimers like these "shipping not refundable" and "not responsible for damage of uninsured items" are meaningless if they accept Paypal. If your seller accepts Paypal and you demand a refund for any legitimate reason, (damage in shipping, item substantially not as described, defective goods, etc.) they are required to give you a full refund including your original shipping cost. The reason many sellers get away with this is because most buyers don't realize that these disclaimers are meaningless if the guy accepts Paypal. Insurance is for the seller's protection, in spite of what they might like you to believe in their disclaimers and auction terms. Sellers can charge an additional fee for insurance, and a seller can ask the buyer to file any claims for damage of insured items, but they (the buyer) are not required to.
Last edited by ostketten on Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:01 am

Paypal requires the buyer to pay to send it back. You only get back original cost plus shipping to you.
Could not think of anything to put here.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:57 pm

The reason the shipping is so much higher is due to the ebay final fees. They do not apply to the shipping charge, so they actually get more money that way.

Forward Observer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Forward Observer » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:08 pm

I think the next Hen Long tank may be the Pz IV. Some European hobby shops have it, but there may not be enough produced yet for it to show up in the E-Bay importer's inventory yet.

What they really need is an airsoft T34, but then this is a tank that 21st Century should have modeled long before they put out much less important armor like the Walker Bulldog.

Cheers
Artillery brings dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:37 pm

I agree with you on that. The M41 never saw combat with American forces, and doesn't have a attractive historical interest either like a PIV or T-34 does. I would have thought the M24 would make more sense. It DID see combat in WWII.

With the VVSS available, why don't they make a Lee or Grant? There's another one totally left out.

Okay, I'm done complaining! :lol: