21st Century ME262 Nightfighter anticipation.....

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

21st Century ME262 Nightfighter anticipation.....

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:33 pm

I can't remember being this excited about getting an 18th scale model as I am about the new ME262 nightfighter. Any of you guys feel this way? This model is just to darn cool! :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:38 pm

It's one I'm looking forward to very much. It'll go real good with Admiral's Me-262. Haven't received the shipping notice yet from BadCat, like some here have, but it isn't expected until next week anyway and BadCat is real good about that.

I've already got the spot selected to hang it even.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

VMF115

Re: 21st Century ME262 Nightfighter anticipation.....

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:40 pm

Yup I can' t wait to get one.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

MG-42

[+] Me-262 Nachtjäger [+]

Post by MG-42 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:48 pm

[+] > I'm going to wait and get the Nachtjäger when it goes on $ale or just when the Newness wears off and the price goes down on it.

Mitch v MG :p51:
Last edited by MG-42 on Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

olifant

Re: [+] Me-262 Nachtjäger [+]

Post by olifant » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:58 pm

MG-42 wrote:[+] > I'm going to wait and get the Nachtjäger when it goes on $ale or just when the Newness wears off and the price goes down on it.

Mitch v MG
I am right behind you... :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:00 am

Ill also pass unless I find it at a good deal..
I think I've only paid full price for two planes - all others under $25.00
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:13 am

I waited and got the ME262 for $27.00 at "the Cat". I think I will also wait for the night fighter to go on sale.

digger

AC on sale

Post by digger » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:11 am

I like getting stuff on sale as much as the next guy but if you will wait a year to save $25 on a plane then you really have no business being one of the guys who complains about delays or when we will see stuff.

Also, we lose credibility in what we want to see made. That is, we say we want this or that, but not really - we only want them on sale, not the MSRP the companies work so hard to keep down and use for figuring out which planes to make.

So many people wanted the 262 for so long and Admiral was good enough to come through. We shouldn't be too proud of saying how we waited a year to get in on clearance. Our hobby will NOT survive like that. Again, I love a good sale myself, but only buying planes at $30 and under is going to come back to bite us in the..

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:28 am

Digger, your point is a good one. I guess if the others who posted are like me, the 262 just didn't strike our fancy to make us buy it right away. The sale increased our interest. But I can add that I have preoders in for the Camo Zero and the Dauntless and can't wait to do the same for the F-4 and B-25. I do hope this hobby is able to support the manufactorers producing more an more (different types) of planes.

I have the first release P-51 and ME109 and it has been enjoyable to watch how the increased collectors support has driven the quality and detail that is in the new planes. I hope the big three (21st, BBI, and Admiral - for the 1/18 stuff) keep on their current pace to keep production low, keep quality high, and keep the collector interested in new items.

:D

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: AC on sale

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:59 pm

digger wrote:I like getting stuff on sale as much as the next guy but if you will wait a year to save $25 on a plane then you really have no business being one of the guys who complains about delays or when we will see stuff.

Also, we lose credibility in what we want to see made. That is, we say we want this or that, but not really - we only want them on sale, not the MSRP the companies work so hard to keep down and use for figuring out which planes to make.

So many people wanted the 262 for so long and Admiral was good enough to come through. We shouldn't be too proud of saying how we waited a year to get in on clearance. Our hobby will NOT survive like that. Again, I love a good sale myself, but only buying planes at $30 and under is going to come back to bite us in the..
Could not have said it better myself. :!: :wink:

Regards,
Jason

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:29 pm

* LoL * :lol: ..... Excuse me , " I'm not one of those per se ,.. complainers". * :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:32 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting the Nightfighter 8) Should the planes ship from BadCat today, I should have it by Wednesday and I'll post a review :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Badcat has good pics posted, and someone please tell me that these don't just have bombs!! Nightfighters wouldn't have carried bombs, only drop tanks.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:40 pm

Buckyroo wrote:Digger, your point is a good one. I guess if the others who posted are like me, the 262 just didn't strike our fancy to make us buy it right away. The sale increased our interest. But I can add that I have preoders in for the Camo Zero and the Dauntless and can't wait to do the same for the F-4 and B-25. I do hope this hobby is able to support the manufactorers producing more an more (different types) of planes.

I have the first release P-51 and ME109 and it has been enjoyable to watch how the increased collectors support has driven the quality and detail that is in the new planes. I hope the big three (21st, BBI, and Admiral - for the 1/18 stuff) keep on their current pace to keep production low, keep quality high, and keep the collector interested in new items.

:D
Well said Buckyroo. I have plenty of planes and tanks I've preordered, but the 262 is not one of them. Also, I blow plenty of money spread among all the manufacturers so the 20% of my collection bought at sales prices isn't going to blow their marketing or profit. :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:41 pm

I am with digger on his statement.

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:57 pm

VMF115 wrote:I am with digger on his statement.
I agree with digger too. ya know maybe thats why they don't take so seriously...
olifant wrote:
Sometimes I wonder what the purchasing power of this forum is. Between the active members and lurkers who view but don't post my guess is we are a large minority of toys sales. I bet those of us involved here are worth 10K+ figures and a thousand or so tanks.

...grunt1 said...
One of the online retailers posted their estimated statistics on this a while back. Our numbers were pretty low, less than 10% if I recall correctly. We aren't an influencer either of any real measure. Most of those folks don't ever visit this forum and read a review, much less become members.

That being said, while there are only a few of us compared to the massive amount of muggles out there, cool is cool. The majority here think 88 is cooler than the quad trailer trailer. When it comes out, we'll never see the real numbers but it's an easy bet that the 88 will far outsell and command higher ebay prices than the quad. Think you'll see a repaint of the quad? Who knows.. Think you'll see one if not two repaints of the 88. Hell yes..

21C pulled back on 1:18, the majority here said that scale wasn't done yet by a long shot. FoV got in the game and their stuff flew off the shelves, Pegasus popped into the game and their rocket sold out and so on..

I'm guessing if the Indiana Jones Russians are halfway decent that they will disappear as well. Again, we've been begging for Russians and there they go..

So what we are is a market indicator.
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:59 pm

[+] > Not me ! * :lol:

Mitch v MG

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:02 pm

well getting back to the topic the pics on BCA site look great. the box looks very cool too. I'm eagerly waiting for UPS to tell me when it will be shipped to me. I'm never this excited for a plane. i hope I don't get dissapointed.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:03 pm

mediump wrote: I agree with digger too. ya know maybe thats why they don't take so seriously...
Mediump can you clarify that please?

Fitzystigertank wrote:well getting back to the topic the pics on BCA site look great. the box looks very cool too. I'm eagerly waiting for UPS to tell me when it will be shipped to me. I'm never this excited for a plane. i hope I don't get dissapointed.
She looks wicked. I would like to see both pilots standing next to the plane

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Don't get me wrong VMF its not that I think we don't matter or that the toy companies don't think we matter (I don't know what they think but something tells they wouldn't be around without us) just that we can be very critical of detail, release dates, and what we want them to release (as we should IMO) And I think they take us with a grain of salt. Did any of us request a quad trailer (not that I know of) I think they could have made a million other things that would have been better. but there is always that carrot isn't there. that KT or 88 thats supposed to be "out soon" or the F4 or MIG29....
I dodn't know, do you ever get the feeling that they just aren't listening (but I know they are *somewhat)
Maybe I could have said it differently, but I'm no college boy so excuse my grammar and my slaughter of the english language.
And besides maybe they are like me and don't take anything seriously :lol:

back on topic, Beautiful bird
When down from the clouds with our weapons of Hell, we drop to avenge our friends who fell.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:22 pm

I'm too much of an impulse buyer to wait for sales. If it is up for pre-order then I get it rather then risk not finding it at all later. Which has happened to me before.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:36 pm

[+] > Good Point though Jerico ! * :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:46 pm

Mine is on the way, but being on the east coast, it doesnt arrive until the 21st. Cant wait to see it in person, especially after seeing BCA's pics! :D

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:07 pm

STUKA:

Could you please share your secrets on HOW and WHERE you bought all but two of your planes for under $25?

If you bought them online (Badcat, Flyingmule, etc.) did you wait for a sale? If so, are there particular holidays, etc. for the sales?

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:25 pm

[+] > You just have to check Bad Cat's site periodically.

[+] > I found my AT "White 8" this way by accident , surfing one afternoon and then checked out Bad Cats site , and Lo , there it was ,.......

*** CHEAP !!! *** :shock: = 8)