Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Post by Tambo » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:09 pm

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - February 2008
Marion Ravenwood
Indiana Jones Cairo
Indy Temple of Doom
Cairo Swordsman
Sallah
Belloq
German Soldier with gun
Monkey Man with monkey

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2 - April 2008
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones
Mutt Williams
Mutt Williams
Irena Spalko
Dovchenko
Narzca Warrior
Cemetery Warrior
Russian Soldier

INDIANA JONES 3¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - June 2008
Indiana Jones
Dr. Henry Jones
Elsa
Young Indy
Grail Knight
Vogel
INDIANA JONES 3¾” BASIC FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 1 - March 2008
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Trap
Deluxe Indiana Jones with Horse
Deluxe German with Motorcycle

INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 2
Mutt Williams with Motorcycle - April 2008
INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 3 - May 2008
INDIANA JONES 3 ¾” DELUXE FIGURE ASSORT WAVE 4 - June 2008
INDIANA JONES 12” ASSORTED
Wave 1 - April 2008
Wave 2 - April 2008
Wave 3 - July 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES 2” ADVENTURE HEROES 2 PACKS
Wave 1 - March 2008
Wave 2 - April 2008
Wave 3 - July 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES VEHICLE AND PLAYSETS
Indiana Jones 3.75” Vehicle Assortment
Wave 1 - March 2008
Wave 3 - April 2008
Wave 4 - September 2008

INDIANA JONES TITANIUM DIE-CAST VEHICLES
Waves - TBC

INDIANA JONES PLAYSETS
Indiana Jones 3.75” Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Playset - TBC

Indiana Jones 1:64 Scale Die-Case Adventure Playset - TBC
INDIANA JONES ROLE PLAY
Indiana Jones Role Play – Whip - April 2008
Indiana Jones role Play - Sword - June 2008

INDIANA JONES MIGHTY MUGS
Wave 1 - July 2008
Wave 2 - September 2008

Looks like we may get a few German figures and some vehicles (Deluxe German with Motorcycle)

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:38 pm

Vehicle assortment! Hooooooahh!!

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 pm

German with motorcycle huh?

Hmmm.... 8)
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 pm

Now that it looks like vehicles are coming i think a motorcycle/sidecar combo very likely. Hope they do a good job and it's to scale.

I would say a Germam truck is likely too......although it may be a bit undersized like the old one......may even be the old one, just updated a bit.

This is going to be a very fun series. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:43 pm

any pics available, other than the Wave 1 basic figures? Jesse?

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:04 pm

Is Hasbro going to be putting these out?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:07 pm

Interesting about Wave 2, all the Russians. I guess that means Indy IV has the Soviets as the bad guys?

I think Jesse has most of Wave 1 on his website pictured. Haven't seen anything on the others.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

MG-42

[+] Indiana Jones stuff !

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 pm

* All sounds promising , especially the juicy fact of a motorbike / side-car combo. * 8)

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:21 pm

theres also a Playset.

Rumor is the vehicles are:

German Motorbike w/ sidecar
German Troop transport

also rumors of prototype pics of these:

German Flying wing
Last Crusade Tank
Last Crusade Bi-plane
Temple Royce

man i hope evrything is true, i would hate/love to have a indy collection.
lol
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:59 am

aferguson wrote:any pics available, other than the Wave 1 basic figures? Jesse?
Ask, and ye shall receive. ;)

Expect a lot at Toy Fair I'd think... It'll debut shortly after, and the Indy line's a big one for Hasbro in '08. They're planning a lot around this, and want it to have legs like Star Wars...

The German's fairly generic looking, but decent army filler for our DAK guys. I'm pumped on the news of the bike...

However, don't discount that the vehicle assortment may be focused on the NEW film, though I do expect a truck as well... I think the horse locks it in really. :)

So far we've kept as close tabs on this as Star Wars (a lot of the SW sites aren't actually seemingly keeping up with it, which I am surprised by that), basically covering both the same, and I think the ideas of a flying wing and things are more speculation and wishlists type ideas than actual legitimate "rumors". At least from everything I've seen, those haven't come up from anywhere as a "source" or anything... Not to say they can't happen of course, I just wont' be surprised if we never see those kinds of items in the near future.

This thead's list is actually the first expanded listing of rumors on the Indy line from a credible source really. The rest has been a trickle at this point... Hasbro's being tight-lipped on details, and so this list from The Private Universe (UK site) is big news... They're credible as well for the most part.

A lot of speculation going around right now, very little actual information though, and beyond the Wave 1 pictures there are NO pictures of anything floating around for the line so far (well, nothing to do with the 3.75" line anyway... There is Adventure Heroes and other stuff out there). Last week we just learned there's 3 mail-in promos actually... 3.75" figure, Adventure Heroes item (I forget off-hand), and a 12" scale Ark accessory...

The line's supposed to have legs to it, as Hasbro told us in a Q&A recently that they intend for it to last a while. I'm assuming they paid a decent licensing fee to it and want to milk it as best they can.

Hasbro also confirmed a set # of figures for the year, and the list above doesn't account for the full # they said. I believe it was 7 figures short, so that means a possible (just speculation) Temple of Doom wave, or a mixed wave, to come out later on. Hasbro's all about the single-theme waves though rather than mixing things up.

Oh, and if anyone's curious, the random pieces they're packed with there are "artifact" pack-in accessories to the figures... You'll probably notice some are oversized to the figure (Staff of Raa headpiece for instance). This is because these are sort of like the coin pack-ins, the holographic figures from last year, and the like. They're not really things for the figure, but rather a separate collectible thing... The gimmick.

Some may be in scale, some not, but they're extra junk basically. That's also why you see things from other movies packed with Raiders figures (like the grail tablet half). Cool idea for a pack-in I think... They really are going all out with this line it seems.

Should be good stuff... :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:39 am

Yes, the new movie features alot of Russians as the enemies. Set in the 50's. The Russian uniform of that time was fairly similar to the late WWII style, so could be some Russian troops are coming at last (albeit from an unexpected source).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indiana_Jones_4

And for vehicles: who knows?.....maybe a T-55 tank (if there's even one in the movie)?

I just hope they make as many of the vehicles to scale as possible. Hasbro has an annoying tendancy to make small vehicles too big and bigger vehicles too small; although i seem to recall Jesse saying they were planning on making future star war vehicles more to scale, so that gives hope for the Indy line too.

The WWI tank from the movie was patterned after the Mark 7, which saw no combat service. The Mark 7 only loosely resembles any of the tanks that did see combat during the war, being a fair bit longer

digger

Indy

Post by digger » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:23 am

We should get at least one Russian with PPSh41. Hasbro already armed a 25th Ann. Joe with the MP-40 they plan to use for the DAK guy, and now you can see the PPSh41 coming here:

http://gijoeclub.com/comics08wave4-6figs.cfm

No doubt that gun will be used in the Indy line.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:52 am

hope you're right but the ppsh wasn't used any longer in the 50's...well not with the drum clip anyway. They all used a banana clip by then. However, knowing the loose historical accuracy of the other Indiana Jones movies and the recognizability of the ppsh with drum clip, it will probably be used in the movie and thus make its way to the toy.

Hope so anyway..

MK
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:34 am

This is all great news. I only hope the motorcycle comes with a side car. In Indy 3, only the "Jones Boys" were using the side car of I recall. Only the German had them without the side car. Let's hope its from ROTLA where the German soldiers were trying to catch the Ark Truck.

MK

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:15 am

I hope they make a Indi that comes without the jacket with articulated legs.
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:36 pm

I wouldn't say Hasbro's making SW vehicles more to-scale... They're hit-and-miss already with it, depending on the material you base it off of, and the vheicle and all. Hasbro generally builds the item to the box/pricepoint, not the pricepoint to the item... If that makes any sense.

IE: the $20 vehicle assortment gets scaled down vehicles if it's deemed the way they need to do it to get that vehicle out (Infiltrator for instance, or the Jedi Fighters). The $30 pricepoint gets the same treatment, etc.

The good news, depending how you view it, is that "important", recognizeable vehicles in the Indy line might be somewhat limited... You have the truck... People would debate the WW1 era tank I think... You have smaller items like staff cars and cycles... I think there's potential, but I'm not actually expecting them to go all out with a lot of things. The Flying wing was little more than a set piece for instance, so that's one I'm not hopeful on. I'd dig it, but it seems unlikely to me.

The truck's almost a given... What the new film holds, I think will get precedence first though over anything BUT the truck.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:03 am

I have a question, are these going to be 1/18 or close to it?
I was at Disney with the family this summer and at MGM/Indy adventure there was a store (like outside all of their rides) and there were some Indy figures. I collect anything 1/18, but these figures looked to be larger like 1/16 or larger.

Were these different figures?

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:44 am

acisne wrote:I have a question, are these going to be 1/18 or close to it?
I was at Disney with the family this summer and at MGM/Indy adventure there was a store (like outside all of their rides) and there were some Indy figures. I collect anything 1/18, but these figures looked to be larger like 1/16 or larger.

Were these different figures?
This is a completely new line from Hasbro, and they are definitely 1/18. 8) The vehicles will be a bit underscaled but the figures themselves should be perfect. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:19 pm

The vehicles are not even pictured yet, so whether they're "to-scale" or not is undetermined at this point... Motorcycles, the truck... These things may come out to-scale, they may not. Hasbro's capable of it when they want to, and deliver to-scale SW ships some, so it's possible.

Just have to wait and see, which we should see more in a few weeks at Toy Fair... We'll have coverage at JediDefender.com barring any unforseen circumstances (blizzard, etc.).

The figures will likely fall a hair under 1:18 scale. Hasbro's Star Wars line is '3.75" scale', which their figures tend to be a mix of 1:18 scale and slightly below. The two mix well though and it's really nothing terribly noticeable... An average-height Star Wars figure though (take for example, a Clone) would be a bit shorter than your average XD figure or BBI soldier... A half head or so?

The same people who head up the STar Wars team at Hasbro are handling the Indiana Jones line, and it's confirmed that it's basically being formatted exactly as Star Wars is, with a few less sub-lines (no comic 2-packs, etc.), but including a couple popular movie-year sub-lines like "Deluxe" to take that $10 pricepoint on the shelves for Indy.

The figures you saw at Disney are sub-contracted figures BY Disney, and exclusively for their parks and the MGM Studios "Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular" thingie you were probably at or near at Disney World. It's neat if you can check it out.

The figures are 4.5 or 5" tall... A bit over 1:18, and their details are lacking. I gave some figure parts from them to my SW figures and XD guys (the Ark box is really cool as a German crate, Indy's Sachel is a neat bag for a Wookiee, etc.). These figures will pale in comparison to the Indy line from Hasbro though... It's shaping up to be quite nice.

The pictures above are of Wave 1... Raiders of the Lost Ark figures. Wave 2 is slated to be all Kingdom of the Crystal Skull figures (the movie's open on May 22nd I believe), and Wave 3 is figures from Last Crusade supposedly. Wave 4 then (assumed) will be Temple of Doom or a mix of Kingdom figures and Temple figures...

Only vehicles rumored so far for the line are a German bike with rider, and a truck... Everything else is up for grabs. It's not even really known what's in the NEW film other than a shot of a kid on a Harley in it has been shown.

I won't get into anything plot-wise in my posts by the way, so I dont' spoil anything. I've heard some reliable stuff on it as most people probably have (that wanted to), but I haven't heard any "details" like what possible Russian stuff we might see since Indy's in the Cold War era now.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:35 pm

i'd be willing to bet the truck is just a reissue of the old indy truck that hasbro released way back when. Probably be cleaned up a bit but Hasbro has shown with their star wars line that they like to use old molds.

That said, the truck is pretty decent. A bit small but i think quite usable as a generic german troop truck and probably be at a reasonable price.

My major excitement right now, other than the indiana jones figures themselves (which i'm quite looking forward to) is the hope that the bike will be a sidecar, or eventuallly come out as a sidecar combo, the truck, the russian soldier (which may be very usable as a wwii figure) and maybe some cool russian cold war vehicle like a T-55 or a post war katyusha launcher. I have no idea what the movie's about, i dont' even know what country it takes place in, so this is pure speculation on my part.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Between Indiana Jones figs and vehicles, Admiral's new birds, 21st new offerings, and some from FOV, this is going to be a banner year for 1:18 scale! :D :!: :!: :!:

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:50 pm

I'm thinking unless they ROYALLY screw up, the truck will be useable in someform - a few mods aways from a really nice model, a base for customization, or a source of truck wheels. Maybe for Aferg they'll put out a U-boat hull :wink: Even better, a Nazi staff car. And although its not any actual tank, I think the Last Crusade tank would be cool.

Kinda funny, and maybe I'm not looking in the right areas, but I haven't seen alot leaking out about this Indy film. Usually, by now, there is a ton of production photos leaked, plotlines (and fake plotlines), and early merchandising test shots. In a ways, its like the old days before the internet, where you knew a movie was coming out, put didn't have much of an idea until the advertising blitz started a month or two before release.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:54 pm

actually the last crusade tank is an exact copy of the male mk 7, which never saw combat.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 pm

I though the Last Crusade tank was based on the Mark VII, but with some differences (the turret, if I remember correctly). Either way, I wouldn't complain about getting any of the early beasts.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:49 pm

I have lots of the Indiana Jones toys and I like a few made for Disney. They made this version of the Tank.

it does not have a scale on it but appears to be around 1/35.

they also made a version of the Flying wing that I have out of the box and it looks great with my 1/48th ME-109's.