Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sky Ray
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Sky Ray » Sat May 03, 2008 7:00 pm

None of my local Targets or Wal-Marts have any Indiana Jones stuff. All the TRUs have it but they are all very depleted in the figures, deluxes and vehicles, I was lucky to score one Russian Soldier still left on the racks. The only place I could find any of the German vehicles was at K-Mart, they had the car, truck and the motorcycle, but I picked up the motorcycle only as I'll wait for the truck to show up at Target and get it there. I'm still looking for the Russian Colonel, Cairo swordsman, Salah, the monkey guy and more Russian soldiers.

Obi2kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Obi2kenobi » Sat May 03, 2008 7:46 pm

I managed to score one of each figure after visiting two TRU's and two Targets. Wallyworld only had Lego stuff. Different figures were at different stores. The Russian soldier is cool and will be a nice army builder. Too bad he doesn't come with a helmet.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 03, 2008 9:12 pm

Pleased to say that at least two Wal Marts, two TRUs, and four Targets in my area now have the Indiana Jones stuff. I found most of what I needed a couple days ago, but stocked up on more of the Russian infantry. Now to arm them in WWII fashion :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat May 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Finally got me a couple Russians Troopers tonight, and another German truck (my kids confiscated the first one). Better elbow articulation on the Russian trooper - he has no problem holding a Marauder AK47. Too bad the same thing can't be said for the Colonel. Still, really happy with the Russians. It looks like the German two-pack may have the same head post as the Russian colonel. Will try some head swapping tonight.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun May 04, 2008 4:57 am

Tman.....how do you plan to arm them in WWII fashion?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Buying It All Up

Post by dandaman » Sun May 04, 2008 8:05 am

Does anyone plan on going wild and buying up a ridiculous amount of Indy trucks and German soldier 2-packs?

Stug45

Re: Buying It All Up

Post by Stug45 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:36 am

dandaman wrote:Does anyone plan on going wild and buying up a ridiculous amount of Indy trucks and German soldier 2-packs?
I plan on getting 2 more trucks & the german biker & some more russians.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun May 04, 2008 11:17 am

Stupid f@#$@#$ Hasbro! Was going to do some German/Russian head-swaps - and Hasbro didn't use the same size neck balls! I don't get why on the SW and now Indy line, Hasbro uses diff neck balls, but uses the same on the GI Joe figures. Oh well.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

The Red Army

Post by General Blasto » Sun May 04, 2008 1:16 pm

I dis agree that some head won't fit :roll:
There are ways around that ;) I've hit 5 more WMs in the area and found more russkie soldiers. I also bought aome SW figures too, for their heads to put on the Reds :twisted: Here, take a look of my growing Red hord :P

I have about 6 to 8 more soldiers to detail and I am making about a dozen "Burp" guns right now. I used US FOV helmets and the officers guns are the revolvers from the Indy Jones figure. The rifle are from the Golden compass Tatar guad figure ;) 8) Da General

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun May 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Great situp General, can't wait to see them with the Burps :D

Morian Miner

Re: The Red Army

Post by Morian Miner » Sun May 04, 2008 5:30 pm

General Blasto wrote:I dis agree that some head won't fit :roll:
There are ways around that ;) ...
True, there are ways around it. But how hard is it for Hasbro to standardize? :roll: It seems only their GI Joe group understands they can make life easier for customizers to army build.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Sun May 04, 2008 5:55 pm

Found a few figures and the truck at one Target yesterday. I went out to find the motorcycle today and found almost nothing at TRU and another Target didn't even have the 1:18 sized figure or vehicles. No pegs for them at all. The two WMs near me haven't even put out or made space for Indiana Jones yet. I'm just a little frustrated to say the least.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun May 04, 2008 7:57 pm

Try WM's website. They have a few of the Indiana Jones items. I ordered the cargo truck from their webiste and with their Site-to-Store option you get free shipping. Beats wasting the time and gas looking around and coming up empty.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Glad

Post by dandaman » Sun May 04, 2008 7:59 pm

I'm just glad I don't live in the same state as Blasto. He's probably wiped everyone's inventory out. :P

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun May 04, 2008 8:14 pm

Ordered the truck and motorcycle from Wally web site. With the ship to my closest store feature sure beats searching by car and finding nothing.

Wally site for the Indy German bike says 12" but that must be a mistake. If it's not a typo, great too... :wink:

This is great, all these Indy figures and vehicles from "Raiders' , just 19 years after the movie came out.

The coming attractions for the Crystal Skull show the aged Indy crashing into what looks like a post war American Duece & a half in a warehouse, and then two M-37's crashing head on into each other. Boy, I can hardy wait for those to come out in 1/18.

WOW, if the production schedule remains the same, then those trucks will come out in 2027. Hope I can old out till them..... :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:35 pm

Here is what I did with a little dremel work on the Golden Compass head and an Indy Russian Col.:

Not sure if mine passes for historical accurate, but I like it! :wink:
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Sun May 04, 2008 8:58 pm

8) 8)

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Here is a link for a swinging bridge to put Indy and crew on:
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demand ... und_Felsen
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

I couldn't resist

Post by dandaman » Sun May 04, 2008 9:49 pm

olifant

Post by olifant » Sun May 04, 2008 10:11 pm

Everywhere I went today was completely cleared out of vehicles and two packs, but I did get all the current releases except for the Russian Colonel and the androgenous woman. I think everyone will restock a few more times and there will be plenty for everyone. 8)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Jesse James

Re: Buying It All Up

Post by Jesse James » Sun May 04, 2008 11:45 pm

dandaman wrote:Does anyone plan on going wild and buying up a ridiculous amount of Indy trucks and German soldier 2-packs?
Yes... to a degree. I'm hoping to get a couple German cars to upgrade for more film-accuracy with the appropriate guns, and I'll maybe add some XD DAK to them that I'll mix/customize with some Hasbro 2-packs...

I'm going to nab at least 3 trucks. Someone (Blasto?) posted a pic of his truck hauling a PAK-40 and it's great, so that's my first set-up. I'm going to hopefully winterize one for my BotB figures to cruise in some, and things. I want a large number of German motorcycles... One I hope to use the rider on a PTE horse for an Ardennes message-runner, and things like that.

I've got a number of ideas and it's gonna require a number of the bigger ticket items, but they're worth it, so I plan to clean up a bit as soon as Target puts things out in some force.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 05, 2008 12:25 am

I've now given my Indiana Jones Russian troops some WWII-style weaponry. They seem more at home with rifles, sub-machineguns, and molotov cocktails than AK-47s :wink:

Unfortunantly, they're German weapons, but they look close enough to their Russian counterparts at a passing glance and so do not bother me. There's still much work to be done to "individualize" the soldier figures, but I think they work very well for WWII era Russians 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon May 05, 2008 4:15 pm

When are the Colonel Vogel & Dr. Elsa Schneider figures coming out?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 05, 2008 4:21 pm

No timetable on them, but with Wave 1 and 2 showing up together there's two possibilities... With the film not even out yet though, I would say that the TLC stuff is a ways off if I were to place a bet... Raiders was sort of pushed as Wave 1 because it's the most recognizeable Indy film to most people, and the KotCS figures are of course to promo the new film.

That puts Wave 3's TLC stuff a little to the back I think, as well as the Temple of Doom items. It's a long year so stuff's got a long ways to go yet.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon May 05, 2008 4:38 pm

Hey Razor,

I LIKE IT :P :P :P Mind if I copy your idea on the GC/IJ Col. figure ???
As I PM'd someone, I am going to be makin' some "Burp" type sub MGs for the Russkies, It'll be the same as the one I made for my Stiener figure. Also, I think the rifles that came with the Tarter guards in GC fit the Russkie WWII rifles or close to it ;) So I just gotta get going on these projects ASAP. Just sooo much to do, and little time to do it :( I'll keep the pic.s coming of these projects too 8) Da General