Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Thu May 01, 2008 8:41 pm

Hey Zonetoys,
You didn't see Rod Serling lurking about at the Walmart, did you?
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

olifant

Post by olifant » Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 pm

I only had time for one Target and they had nada Indy. Not even a hole waiting for the planogram. :?

Did find some more fresh out of the case SW figures though! :D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu May 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Hey Zonetoys,
You didn't see Rod Serling lurking about at the Walmart, did you?
Yeh, I think I did! At the front door wearing a blue vest with pins and stickers, forcing shopping carts on people as they entered the store!

Yep, pretty sure that was him!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri May 02, 2008 2:45 am

Has anyone got the IRINA SPALKO Figure?? i'm hearing from evilbay she's randomly packed in something like every 7 cases of figures :?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri May 02, 2008 4:15 am

zonetoys wrote:Walmart is Wacked! Duh!
I went to four this morning and only one had anything out. There were boxes of Indy stuff in the walkway, some of the figures were unpacked and the boxes labled "Vehicle" were not open. So, I decided to give them a chance to stock the shelves. Went back in the evening and everything was gone. No Indy stuff, no boxes, no trace they were even there. They must have put them back in the warehouse! But they did have Indy M & M's.
You have now entered the "Twilight Zone!"

Stopped at a TRU also on the way and Nadda! Nuttin! Nix! Not even the lego stuff!

One Toy Clerk at one of the Walmarts told me she was the only one there and she would put the stuff out this weekend!
Oh yeh, and it WAS the same WM that I returned to in the evening that had the stuff out in the morning! I know I am old and sometimes dress funny, and misplace my ride but that is because I don't always remember which vehicle I drove that morning! :roll:
You're right. It sucked here in the Hampton Roads area stores. Target had nothing and the Walmart gal said they werent putting them out until the 15th or so. My wife went ballistic on the lady and told her they had a May 1st release date so the Walmart gal reluctantly went to the back and brought everything out, so I have just about everything now. ToysRus however had everything right in the fromt of the store on display so you may want to go there. The trucks look great and are much better than I expected! :D

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Fri May 02, 2008 6:29 am

Stug45 wrote:Has anyone got the IRINA SPALKO Figure?? i'm hearing from evilbay she's randomly packed in something like every 7 cases of figures :?
It's not quite that bad. She's one per case (of the assortment she's in.)

The real problem is that I found four of her and only one had remotely decent paint apps on her face. The rest were embarrassing and hideous. Hell, even the one I chose is only about a C+. Such a terrible injustice for the lovely Ms. Blanchett.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri May 02, 2008 10:44 am

I got almost all of them the other night. I really like the figures. I don’t plan on opening them but I did see a few that had paint issues. Over all I think they are great figures. I love the Ark of the Covenant extra figure. Indies face sucks but the Ark is way cool. I still have my original Ark from the well of the soul’s play set. This is going to be a great line. :wink:

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri May 02, 2008 10:47 am

toyktdlgh wrote:I got almost all of them the other night. I really like the figures. I don’t plan on opening them but I did see a few that had paint issues. Over all I think they are great figures. I love the Ark of the Covenant extra figure. Indies face sucks but the Ark is way cool. I still have my original Ark from the well of the soul’s play set. This is going to be a great line. :wink:
I agree! Hasbro has done a great job and this looks to be a line worth collecting . :D (and even with today's oil prices they didnt charge 49.99 for the truck! OK, OK, I'll stop :wink: )

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri May 02, 2008 11:03 am

You may not see anything at your local Target till Sunday or Monday (or later even :roll: ). The reason being that Target is having to do a reset and often they do wait for weekend evenings to do that (Saturday into Sunday), so you may have to wait to use those $5 coupons... Which many are.

TRU should have their displays up, as should WM, and if they don't they're just slow right now... My WM nearby did, but most of the deluxe were taken already and the figures were picked over and had crummy paintjobs on what was left so I only got a Monkey Man (who rocks). Keep your eyes peeled though, things will begin showing up soon and I'd seriously doubt a single bit of this is "rare". The movie's not even out yet.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 pm

Checked Silverdale WA TRU not a darn thing of indiana and they had no clue if and when they would get it!
Then hit Target they had the staff car for $19.99 just two cents more than wal-mart. But the figures were $9.99 each :shock: Wal-mart was $6.96. Heck the 1/6th scale figures were only ten bucks more and it had sounds etc.
Could not think of anything to put here.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 02, 2008 1:30 pm

Also saw the IJ figures & vehicles at Target today. The figures were priced at $7.49, with the vehicles being about the same as at Wal Mart. It was the same selection as well. Nice to see them getting around, however!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri May 02, 2008 4:48 pm

My kids "convinced" me to hunt for these today. Even though I have one I preorder, had to pick up one of the German trucks and a handful of the Russian colonels. The kids convinced me to get them the Marion two-pack and Indy with horse. Surprised how articulated the horse was. But, I wonder how long they will last before the joints get too loose for it to stand.

No Russian infantry yet, damn it!

Hope the TF crowd picks up the Mutt figures for customs - those just scream shelf-warmers to me.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri May 02, 2008 9:56 pm

Today I did, let's see ... 1,2,3,4 WMs and one TRU - TRU was worthless, the evil bay sellers/horders had already cleaned them out :( I did find 6 of the Russian officers, but only 2 Russian soldiers. I got a truck and a staff car for another member here, but I still need to find the motorcycle as well as a couple arm loads of the Russian soldiers. I did get a few different Indys and I got the Russian chick too. General Blasto

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri May 02, 2008 10:13 pm

For those of you who can't seem to find any of the Indiana Jones stuff, the Wal Mart website has some items available and with their option for site-to-store, you get free shipping. The prices for the items, I think, are the same as what they sell for at the store. I ordered several of the cargo trucks. :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri May 02, 2008 11:04 pm

kimtheredxd wrote:Checked Silverdale WA TRU not a darn thing of indiana and they had no clue if and when they would get it!
Then hit Target they had the staff car for $19.99 just two cents more than wal-mart. But the figures were $9.99 each :shock: Wal-mart was $6.96. Heck the 1/6th scale figures were only ten bucks more and it had sounds etc.
Are you sure you weren't looking at the Deluxe figures for $9.99? The basic figures are about $7.50 at Targets across the country.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Fri May 02, 2008 11:14 pm

Jesse James nope these were the very same ones at wal-mart that they had for $6.96. Now whether they ARE supposed to be Cheaper and some one goofed and marked them more, that is possible.
Could not think of anything to put here.

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat May 03, 2008 6:38 am

Scored my Indy vehicles, and some more Germans for customs, at Target. I used the $5 online coupon, and my $50.00 Hasbro rewards voucher. I ended up with over $60.00 in Indy product for just over $12.00.

Sweet deal!

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 03, 2008 7:20 am

Fritzkrieg wrote:Scored my Indy vehicles, and some more Germans for customs, at Target. I used the $5 online coupon, and my $50.00 Hasbro rewards voucher. I ended up with over $60.00 in Indy product for just over $12.00.

Sweet deal!
What is this Hasbro rewards voucher you speak of?
Can you explain how it works and where to get it?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat May 03, 2008 10:41 am

The voucher program is over... It was only for a short time and ended about a month ago.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Indy Figures

Post by dandaman » Sat May 03, 2008 11:55 am

Just came back from a couple WalMarts and Targets...

Got the Russian Colonel - awesome figure! But where are the Russian infantrymen? Has anyone seen them yet?

Also picked up a German biker (very cool) and a German soldier 2-pack (so-so).

I almost picked up a single German soldier, but if you get the 2-pack what's the point really? The head sculpt has a different hair color? Does anyone spot any other differences?

Where are the Russian infantrymen?!?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat May 03, 2008 1:12 pm

I got one of the Russian Col.
He looks good the articulation in the arms is so-so.
Looks like he has an AK-47 - is this the correct weapon for the period?
I thought the AK weapons were later... :?
The weapon is more rubbery than the XD weapons.

Don't get me wrong, I welcome the Russians, since no other MFG has stepped out to make these. I am looking for the Russian trooper too.
Did not see him.

There is a neat little thing they are doing with the single packs. Inside the little cardboard box is a "mystery item" and sticker.
Get six stickers and send them in for a "exclusive" figure not offered in stores.
If anyone doesn't want their stickers - I'll take them! :D

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Sat May 03, 2008 1:19 pm

2 of my 5 Walmarts got a big shipment in of all the Indy toys. When I looked the first day they had a bunch of the Russian troops and then the next day they were ALL gone. I have a feeling the GI Joe Army builders are using these as troops for the October guard. I'm not worried...nothing Hasbro makes is RARE...you just need to wait long enough and you can find everything.

One of My Walmarts said they still need to put out SpeedRacer, Indy, Hulk and Batman and they DO NOT plan on putting them out because they still have too much old stuff and no space...sounds like lazyness to me.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat May 03, 2008 1:52 pm

I went to my local TRU today and found a single Russian trooper. The selection was not picked over from what I could tell, just there was only the one figure. The Wal Mart and Target in my town where I have also seen the figures did not have the Russian soldier, but multiples of the Colonel were there. Actually, I've seen little variations between what each store had, and no one store having a complete selection of all the IJ figures, but generally having most of them.

Still, I have managed to get all the figures I wanted from this line within the past couple days, which all said, is an extraordinary feat. It is very rare that I find new Star Wars figures, or even 21c figures, so coming across the IJ figures at different stores all at the same time has really helped save time and gas 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 03, 2008 3:52 pm

Went to wm on east colonial drive this morning around 9 they had about 20 Russian soldiers. tons of mutt williams figs peg wamers for sure.
no vehicles. then i went to target in waterford lakes they had 4 german 2 packs, and about 27 figs, and 3 trucks. picked up one truck i really like it.

Obi2kenobi
Corporal
Corporal

Hasbro figures are better engineered than 20CT and FOV

Post by Obi2kenobi » Sat May 03, 2008 6:12 pm

20ct makes great aircraft and FOV makes great 1/72 armor, but compared to Hasbro the articulation and face sculpting of their 1/18 figures suck. Except for the Platoon figures, I won't buy anymore 20ct soldiers and I lost interest in FOV 1/18. Sorry to the die hard fans, but 20ct and FOV figures don't cut the mustard. Hasbro's Indy figures aren't historically accurate, but they are movie accurate. If Hasbro decided to get into the WW2 market with the great engineering and sculpting that they offer in the GiJoe, SW and Indy lines they would put 20CT and FOV 1/18 figure lines out of business.