Is there a new BBi Blackhawk scheme?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Is there a new BBi Blackhawk scheme?

Post by vmf214 » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:10 am

I see there's a new Apache but is there a new Blackhawk? Someone mentioned a bright green one, anyone else see one in their AO?
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:39 am

The same Target I saw the "green" blackhawk at had six Apaches the other day with a Tiger-teeth scheme. Is this a different paint scheme as well?

FYI, the green was a flat version of the green on the "post a reply" bar on this site. At least that was the way it looked to me.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:41 am

Interesting :) So now we have three schemes for the Blackhawk and two for the Apache. I think I get what you are saying about the color for the new Blackhawk, Morain. Is it sort of like the second-issue AH-6?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:01 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:Interesting :) So now we have three schemes for the Blackhawk and two for the Apache. I think I get what you are saying about the color for the new Blackhawk, Morain. Is it sort of like the second-issue AH-6?
Taking a look at SSHQDB, it looked the color of the darker green on the Series 1 Pavehawk.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:44 pm

OK, thanks for the clarification!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:40 pm

On the way home from work hit Target and picked up the new Apache and Blackhawk. The shark mouth Apache is pretty cool but the weathering is rather sloppily done on my example. The Blackhawk is in deed a "little" different in color tone to the initial release and looks real nice. Would post pics but my pos HP crashed awhile back and when got it up an running again now it doesn't recognize the DVD/ROM drive. :evil:
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:41 pm

Glad to see someone else finally report the new Blackhawk color. Really was beginning to wonder if I was seeing things. :shock:

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:07 pm

Pictures....PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!