4 for Victory Prize??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:27 am

I have been reading this post for months/a year now and I can humbly comment that it appears you guys will get your planes as soon as the 1/18 A-10 is produced at this rate.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:56 am

I think you guys just might see that mail lady late this week! I don't want to say too much more, besides it is kinda beside the point becuase having it in hand is the only thing that counts right?

:lol:

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:47 pm

I've all but given up. Since the contest started I've moved once, changed jobs twice and gotten a new e-mail address. I even forgot what the paint was on this version. :roll:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:05 pm

tko211 wrote:I think you guys just might see that mail lady late this week! I don't want to say too much more, besides it is kinda beside the point becuase having it in hand is the only thing that counts right?

tko,

To have my Mustang in my hands IS the only thing that does count for sure.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

p-51

Post by digger » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:10 pm

I can't wait for you guys to get one either...this is one of the oldest threads in existence and a lot of us would love to see the end of it.. :wink:

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:11 pm

Jan 01, 2057

Yeah, TKO Jr. says that any day now we will be getting our planes... My Great-Grandson will love to put this up in his room along side some other older Great ships: Orion-10 first Mars Lander, the model of the first commercial passenger space orbiter - Transpace Two by Burt Rutan and Jeff Bezos and the last item that BBI made before it folded - A-10.

Well, it's time for my anti-gravity shower and then off to the Holographic Theater. Of course I have to make a stop at the new underground WM to try and find that new 21st 1/18 scale figure of our 45th President: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
50+ years of business and still can't get the distribution thing down right!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:19 pm

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:26 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: p-51

Post by MightyMustang » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:29 pm

digger wrote:I can't wait for you guys to get one either...this is one of the oldest threads in existence and a lot of us would love to see the end of it.. :wink:
Wanna see the end of this thread digger? Then tell 21st to get us our Mustangs and it will stop. Until that happenes and hopefully it will soon this thread will linger because its guys like me who can be a pain in the butt when they dont get what they want or have been asking for for. We have the right to complain because we have waited for quite awhile for these special edition Mustangs and our eager to get our mits on them. But have no fear digger this thread will go away soon, I hope.

:wink:

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:32 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Jan 01, 2057

Yeah, TKO Jr. says that any day now we will be getting our planes... Of course I have to make a stop at the new underground WM to try and find that new 21st 1/18 scale figure of our 45th President: Arnold Schwarzenegger.
50+ years of business and still can't get the distribution thing down right!
Collecting has been tough ever since the Hasbro/Mattel ToyGroup bought 21st a few years ago, leaving us with one manufacturer and WalMart the only distributor.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:41 pm

I was under the impression WE have to pay postage to get the planes but not until 21st contacts us first....now then.....I know I've not been contacted so how can the "mail lady" show maybe by the end of the week if we've not paid postage?????

BTW

I'm with MM as far as this thread is concerned. We have money invested in this deal, it's not like one of the BS 1/18 B-36 wish threads that goes on forever with nothing but wasted space within the forum or the topic that totally bastardizes into something else. So that said, my opinion, if you're not involved in the contest, then leave this thread to those of us who are! Venting secured. Out :wink:

digger

p-51

Post by digger » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:48 pm

Wanna see the end of this thread digger? Then tell 21st to get us our Mustangs and it will stop. Until that happenes and hopefully it will soon this thread will linger because its guys like me who can be a pain in the butt when they dont get what they want or have been asking for for. We have the right to complain because we have waited for quite awhile for these special edition Mustangs and our eager to get our mits on them. But have no fear digger this thread will go away soon, I hope.
YOU TELL 21st. Or write your congressmen. But complaining on here every month or so is getting old. No offense but the issue only pertains to a minority of board members and while some have expressed sympathy I'm sure some others would wish this thread would go away.

After all, 21C never said WHEN you would get your Mustang, so you signed up at your own peril for whatever reason you had. There are about 20 1:18 Mustangs on the market so it is not like we need another asap.

You guys did good by 21C by entering the contest, but let's be real and admit you did for yourself - for the chance to have the limited Mustang. Not as a favor to 21st. Using this forum for your gripe is fine, but child-like "guys like me who can be a pain in the butt when they dont get what they want or have been asking for for" is not endearing. And as you said, I'm willing to bet at least one of these shows up on ebay in short order..

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:39 pm

I got a letter two weeks ago asking me what my address was. They still had my old P.O. Box address and said they can't ship it there. I guess they're getting closer to a shipping date. :wink:

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:30 pm

Holy Double Post!
Last edited by Rogue on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Na na na na na!

Post by Rogue » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:32 pm

digger wrote:I can't wait for you guys to get one either...this is one of the oldest threads in existence and a lot of us would love to see the end of it.. :wink:
This thread will never go away! :o

After we get ours, we will rib you that don't.
Na na na na na!
When that gets old, someone will put one on Ebay.
Then there will be another "4 for Victory" when they have to dump those crappy-ass A-10's. :P

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:40 pm

Who cares if one ends up on ebay, hope the guy gets a mint for it if one does, as he should. Lord knows Americans like to make money, me included. I intend to keep mine, I have at least one NIB of every aircraft 21st has made, in all scales they make, so I'll for sure keep mine. As far as griping, yeah, this is the only thread that goes on at, give me a break. I'd say a $160 investment, plus tax, is a pretty good license to gripe!!!!! Please, end it here, let us guys who are involved in the contest say what we please. If this were a contest for a rare armor piece I doubt some would have the same opinion on this thread, huh. Sound good to you all? Sounds damn good to me.
Last edited by vmf214 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:50 pm

Just got off the phone with 21st and they're all over it. They're getting everything ready so I'd say TKO is pretty darn right. They're verifying addresses ie like mentioned earlier they can't ship to PO boxes etc. and yes we will be paying the postage to get them just as the rules specified. Cool, we're close, real close! :D
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:32 am

Yeah. The wait is surely alomst over. I know it has been a while but I think people will agree it will have been worth the wait when you see them. This is the only 1:18 product to come out from 21c with a certificate of authenticity. Each and every single plane has been recorded and assigned to each Ace. I can't stress enough to all of you guys just how special these planes are. That right there is saying something.

Right away I would venture a STRONG guess that IF one or two (and I do think it will only be 1 or 2) were to get onto the e-bay market you should expect to pay $250.00 plus and that would actually be a steal in the long run. I can honsetly say that in a mere couple years people will speak of these airplanes with a sort of reverence... No joke. This WILL be the one to own. Remember that IF you are one of the Aces you not only get the product but each plane was built and hand finished just for you! Yeah someone else might be lucky enough to own one on the open market but he or she will not own it as an ACE! Yes the Aces have been patient and waiting a while but in the end they will be VERY glad that they were wise to make the investment at the time in both the cost and the year of anxiously waiting to roll out the final product. Don't worry... in a couple years or sooner I will bring back this thread and I will be the first to say "I told you so!"
8)

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:01 am

tko211 wrote:Yeah. The wait is surely alomst over. I know it has been a while but I think people will agree it will have been worth the wait when you see them. This is the only 1:18 product to come out from 21c with a certificate of authenticity. Each and every single plane has been recorded and assigned to each Ace. I can't stress enough to all of you guys just how special these planes are. That right there is saying something.

Right away I would venture a STRONG guess that IF one or two (and I do think it will only be 1 or 2) were to get onto the e-bay market you should expect to pay $250.00 plus and that would actually be a steal in the long run. I can honsetly say that in a mere couple years people will speak of these airplanes with a sort of reverence... No joke. This WILL be the one to own. Remember that IF you are one of the Aces you not only get the product but each plane was built and hand finished just for you! Yeah someone else might be lucky enough to own one on the open market but he or she will not own it as an ACE! Yes the Aces have been patient and waiting a while but in the end they will be VERY glad that they were wise to make the investment at the time in both the cost and the year of anxiously waiting to roll out the final product. Don't worry... in a couple years or sooner I will bring back this thread and I will be the first to say "I told you so!"
8)

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:53 am

GooglyDoogly wrote:
tko211 wrote:Yeah. The wait is surely alomst over. I know it has been a while but I think people will agree it will have been worth the wait when you see them. This is the only 1:18 product to come out from 21c with a certificate of authenticity. Each and every single plane has been recorded and assigned to each Ace. I can't stress enough to all of you guys just how special these planes are. That right there is saying something.

8)
Nice self portrait. :P

tko211

Post by tko211 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:55 pm

yes Really! :wink:

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Now all I have to wait for is my validation email from 21st and the Mustang!

Lefty
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lefty » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:46 pm

Hey TKO - just curious about the emails to validate addresses, etc. - I received the email showing the updated photos of the Tender Terror awhile back, but haven't seen anything lately asking about my addy and/or how much I need to pay for shipping. Any news? Thanks in advance for any info.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Exact same story here. I wouldn't be surprised if some of us don't receive the A/C, through misinformation, incorrect proof of purchase, not being received by 21st, etc. I'm not angry or frustrated at all, it would be nice if this worked out as 21st promised but knowing the history of this company, I never expected it all to happen without problems. Just my two cents.