POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Sun Dec 31, 2006 6:10 am

My PAK 40 is okay. It's smaller than I thougt but it's very detailed and well articulated. All those small moving parts are amazing.
But I wasn't satisfied with the figure that came with the PAK. One of the articulated arms was totally wrong. It had a wrong hand and both arms were right arms. Normally I can fix figures were something is not correctly put together or the joints aren't working. But when parts are missing or joints are broken - there is nothing that I can do.

I got a little question about the new hanomags. All 3 prototypes of them had some tools on the front section. These 2 tools aren't included in the final production hanomags, are they?

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:20 am

No they aren't. Those are probably smaller test paint models they are showing. Note that the Zu Fuss is missing the shielded machinegun. :?

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

recon

Post by digger » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:28 am

Best recon I've heard in a while. I will post is proper threads, but this assortment is all down to $17 at the Ordinance Rd. WM in Maryland. I would clean up if I was down there but I got the info from my brother via long range radio (cell phone). All 4 pieces sighted as of 2 mins. ago.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:36 am

Teamski wrote:No they aren't. Those are probably smaller test paint models they are showing. Note that the Zu Fuss is missing the shielded machinegun. :?

-Ski
If you have the earlier German hanomag that is S2 Tan, you can move the one piece of shield and MG to the Zu Fuss and attach it, once the original driver's window section is removed with a knife. [See toyktdlgh's custom:viewtopic.php?t=6459&sid=d4ffe93b3afa62 ... 9c78a1d595]
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:14 pm

The new armor (plus a couple old halftracks) was discounted to $17 in the Madera, Ca. Wal Mart which is just a little north of my AO. They must not have sold well over the Christmas shopping rush... I picked up an older S3 standard Hannomag that was in the mix so as to use parts of it for a current custom project and future works. This is what I did this afternoon with parts of the hannomag and my Stuka zu Fuss:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:54 pm

Looks good tman, thanks for the tip.

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: recon

Post by lablksmith » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:55 pm

digger wrote:Best recon I've heard in a while. I will post is proper threads, but this assortment is all down to $17 at the Ordinance Rd. WM in Maryland. I would clean up if I was down there but I got the info from my brother via long range radio (cell phone). All 4 pieces sighted as of 2 mins. ago.

Thats about right... :evil: We dont have any here and they cant sell them other places :roll:

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:07 am

Vehicles are down to $13 at the Allen Road Peoria, Illinois store.

Ray

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:59 am

1 out of 3 of the walmarts in my AO had the Pak and Halftracks and only one of each. Mrs. Normandy got mine from Badcat, the hell with walfarts!

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

All quiet on the Eastern front...

Post by c44 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:42 am

...slim pickin's, still you lucked out at WM, Suffolk has yet to see any of the new tracks & PAKs...hopefully some are sitting on trailers awating the shuffling of the new layout...but if anybody missed the earlier Hanomags, they're on clearance at C'reach for $13, likewise Mutts & Seal Jeeps...also Ridgerunners @ $30...
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: All quiet on the Eastern front...

Post by lablksmith » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:32 pm

c44 wrote:...slim pickin's, still you lucked out at WM, Suffolk has yet to see any of the new tracks & PAKs...hopefully some are sitting on trailers awating the shuffling of the new layout...but if anybody missed the earlier Hanomags, they're on clearance at C'reach for $13, likewise Mutts & Seal Jeeps...also Ridgerunners @ $30...
Sorry, but what is C'reach?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Where the heck is the Pak-40 Hanomag? Is it just still "coming soon"? :P
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:29 pm

TKO mentioned in another thread that he didn't know what was up with it. Obviously (from the beginning of this thread) he as a friend who found one in a fluke distribution with the other vehicles in the caseload at Wal Mart, but again, that was a fluke. I'm anxious for this vehicle as well - it should have been part of the origional assortment!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:37 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:TKO mentioned in another thread that he didn't know what was up with it. Obviously (from the beginning of this thread) he as a friend who found one in a fluke distribution with the other vehicles in the caseload at Wal Mart, but again, that was a fluke. I'm anxious for this vehicle as well - it should have been part of the origional assortment!
Ah right I remember that false start lol. I too am really excited about this Hanomag, even after all this time. It's just odd how it kinda dissapeared off the radar. There must have been need for major redesign or a safety problem or something, the lack of official news is disturbing. I hope it hasn't been dropped. :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Pardon my gibberish...

Post by c44 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:11 pm

RE: Sorry, but what is C'reach? Lazy man's way of writing Centereach, out in mid-Suffolk, Long Island :) ...lablksmith, where you at...? Are you on or near Long Island? We have a couple of board members from LI, tho' predictably a few have gone MIA...
C44

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Pardon my gibberish...

Post by lablksmith » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:08 am

c44 wrote:RE: Sorry, but what is C'reach? Lazy man's way of writing Centereach, out in mid-Suffolk, Long Island :) ...lablksmith, where you at...? Are you on or near Long Island? We have a couple of board members from LI, tho' predictably a few have gone MIA...
Sorry Dude, Im way down here in Loseiana, professional hurricane dodger...

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Halftracks are slower to arrive than FEMA...

Post by c44 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 pm

Re: Louisiana...in that case, wrong island...! But hey, if you're ever swept away by a rising tide, ya' never know, we may end up neighbors... :lol:
Hope the hunt for Hanomags is going better down there than up here, still no sign of the new ones...hekkuva job, Wally...
C44

lablksmith
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Halftracks are slower to arrive than FEMA...

Post by lablksmith » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:59 pm

c44 wrote:Re: Louisiana...in that case, wrong island...! But hey, if you're ever swept away by a rising tide, ya' never know, we may end up neighbors... :lol:
Hope the hunt for Hanomags is going better down there than up here, still no sign of the new ones...hekkuva job, Wally...
There are, within one and a half hours of my house probably 30 plus Super WMs and No Hanomags here at all. New figures are starting to trickle in though.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:13 am

My nearest WM has dozens of halftracks, and I think there's Pak's buried back behind all the HT's too... all $13 each. Pretty great price for pieces that didn't even get out for X-Mas around me. It's a shame though that they didn't get out at full price for the holidays because I'm sure many would've moved. There's SO many though, I'm equally sure some of them would've hit clearance. This is easily the most XD I've seen in any one store since the line debuted, and probably more than the old TRU displays even hada t their height.

A full pallet about 10 feet high and I'd say 5 foot deep of XD boxes galore and some 32X stuff too. Tons, and none of it full price.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:30 am

We had two waves come and go very quickly in three of the southwest metro atlanta stored - both well before Christmas - only one that really sat was the M16. Then two more big palets one three days before Christmas and the otherabout a week later. The last one was the one that sold $13.00 each - a few at $12.77.
The Pak 40 were always the 1st to go. I didnt see one pak 40 for clearance and I bought mine full price - i kept kicking myself for throwing away the receipts on those
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:32 pm

Has anyone seen in PAK 40's in the San Fernando Valley, CA lately.....I cant find one anywhere? Do we know if we can expect to see more soon, or have they been discontinued already?
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:41 pm

I picked up the last Pak 40 that I have seen in the KC area for $9.00. That was about two or three weeks ago.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:58 pm

I'm sure we will see more - even repaints - they sold well - and fast.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:59 pm

I got the update from 21c today on the Pak-40 Hanomag. It looks like it was scrapped and that we will not ever see one now. :cry:

Ok I am teasing again! The Pak-40 Hanomag is still going to happen! I was told that an update would be coming shortly on this item. We will all have to wait and see exactly what that means. But rest assured I was told that it is indeed still a green light project!

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:20 pm

you....you kidder you!!