1 18 KING TIGER?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
PanzerArm
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1 18 KING TIGER?

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:17 am

Well the auction has ended.

"Thank you for looking, the item has sold to an undisclosed individual, and the money will be dontated to charities."

Think he gave in to the SSHQ pressure and says he sold it, or did someone actually give him an offer too good to pass up? Gave the money to charity... my a$$.

-Kevin
Last edited by PanzerArm on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:21 am

I just noticed his dimensions say 14x7x13 or something like that, but in the same sentance he says the entire length is 24 inches. What's going on there?

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:24 am

B17Fortress wrote:I just noticed his dimensions say 14x7x13 or something like that, but in the same sentance he says the entire length is 24 inches. What's going on there?
I think the first set of dimensions was for the hull length and width and height to the top of the turret. The 24" was a length for the gun and turret combined.

-Kevin

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:29 am

He just pulled his ME-163 listing as well.

"Thankyou for all who tracked this item. Unfortunately this item has sold to an undisclosed buyer. The money obtained from this sale will be directly dontated to various faith based charities."

Man this guy is so full of sh*t he's making the toilet jealous...

-Kevin
Last edited by PanzerArm on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:31 am

PanzerArm wrote:Well the auction has ended.

"Thank you for looking, the item has sold to an undisclosed individual, and the money will be dontated to charities."

Think he gave in to the SSHQ pressure and says he sold it, or did someone actually give him an offer too good to pass up? Gave the money to charity... my a$$.

-Kevin
He was also open to offers and he mention on one of his previews messages that someone offer him already $1000 .Probably the deal was made out of ebay,therefore the buyer can not report him to ebay magement,if he takes the money and close his bank account.

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:34 am

His outside offers sound like BS to me though. What better way to get someone keyed into an auction as being legitimate but by saying other people already think it's legitimate and have offered real money for it. I don't know what person in their right mind would give the kind of money he said he was offered for something without a picture, but I don't believe a word that guy typed on his listings. Heck I don't even collect 1/18, but I cannot stand when dirt bags like this guy show up there and try and rip people off.

-Kevin

derek_001
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by derek_001 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:36 am

Well Aferguson, Snake, myself, and a few others here are Canadian, so this so called 'American Justice' means nothing to us.

If the auction goes south, let's report the pants off the guy.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well you do got a good point there but..... the justice system between canada and the states is basically the same though... lol
But anyways you get what im saying about getting solid proof though right?
WESTERN OKLAHOME R/C AIRCRAFT & MODEL COLLECTER

[CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW MY COLLECTIONS]

http://forums.fighting118th.com/album.php?u=363

"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:39 am

B17Fortress wrote:I just noticed his dimensions say 14x7x13 or something like that, but in the same sentance he says the entire length is 24 inches. What's going on there?
The dimensions of my Panther are:7 1/8" wide x 14 1/2" long(not counting the mufflers,just the hull) x 7" tall. So these dimensions that he gave are really awkward. :?

PanzerArm

Post by PanzerArm » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:51 am

Yeah, now that you mention it, those are odd dimensions... I never really looked twice at them, but unless this KT was the uber-rare "square-panzer" version, those dimensions don't add up at all.

According to my calculations a 1/18 KT should be 16.67"x8.22"x6.76" excluding the barrel in the length.

-Kevin
Last edited by PanzerArm on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:52 am

it's against ebay policy to accept outside offers on an active listing. It's also against policy to advertize that you will accept outside offers. So he could have his account pulled for that alone.

Strange that someone would make an outside offer for the Komet but i guess it's possible.

The charity stuff is making me sick. No mention of it in his listings. I guess he just thought of it. :lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:21 am

This guy makes mannny2001 look like a saint. :lol: At least he provides pictures.

The more I read into this thread the more it feels like were solving a murder here. CSI SSHQ :mrgreen:

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:37 am

Beeavision wrote:This guy makes mannny2001 look like a saint. :lol: At least he provides pictures.

The more I read into this thread the more it feels like were solving a murder here. CSI SSHQ :mrgreen:
Yeah.Manny2000 prices are insane and the shipping is an out rage,but at least he send the item.I almost bought his AH 64 Apache,thinking it was the elite force one.Good thing i took closer look at the picture. :lol:

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:33 am

I am willing to spend big money bidding on this...but I to need to see a real photo of what you have. I know of only one prototype and know who has it. My bid will depend on an actual picture. Could you please update or email my personally with a pic. [email protected] thanks Corey Dec-16-11
A: I know for fact that they made more than one, and the "only one" that you know of was a scam to elicit more money. I was very close friends with one of the design engineers, and he told me that they made 10. There is no way that as a business, you make only one prototype. The cost is in setting up the machines to produce the item, and not in the casting of it, after all, its just plastic and alloys. They were all sent to various individuals to evaluate. The "Cat Lady" stated that hers was the only one in an attempt to elicit a high price, but I know better. Not only did I aquire this peice, but also the 1/18 A-10 and the F-4 Phantom. A few people have asked me to post more pictures and I will not. Ebay is a greedy company, and I will not feed more money into thier pockets. My description of the item is accurate, and I already have had offers for over 1000.00. I am not selling this out of a need for money, I'm just trying to make room. I have casted the item, and have made my own customized versions to keep, so I no longer need or want this item, I am more into the aircraft, than tanks. If it does no garner a value that I deem appropriate on ebay, I am going to donate it, or the money from the sale, (through whatever medium I use), to the Salvation Army,Goodwill, or some other faith based organization.

That guy is so full of ---- his eyes are brown. :evil: Who would not post pics of an item that could go for OVER $1000 to save like $2 in picture fees?
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:47 am

Flyboy that was my question to him...you beat me to posting it...lol...I think he is full of crap too...
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:10 pm

Corey you know who has the prototype? Can you please share the word?

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:16 pm

:shock:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:19 pm

B17Fortress wrote:Corey you know who has the prototype? Can you please share the word?
I don't think its the Corey you are thinking of (forum member Coreyeagle48) and its not our other member Corey Stinson from Small Joes, who also posts here. It is another Corey.

Lets not read too much into the message - other than that the seller is likely full of BS :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:21 pm

I dont know who has anything...I was just trying to bluff the ebay seller to try and call him on his lie...and yes I am another Corey...I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing... :lol: Im the unimportant Corey :(

And I thought you guys knew who had the prototype?
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:29 pm

HE ENDED THE LISTING...I WONDER WHY? :shock:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:32 pm

cjg476 wrote:I dont know who has anything...I was just trying to bluff the ebay seller to try and call him on his lie...and yes I am another Corey...I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing... :lol: Im the unimportant Corey :(

And I thought you guys knew who had the prototype?

Cory Shultz!!!! :D :mrgreen:
--Samuel Beckett

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:25 pm

This is in the listing .

"Here is a response to a question that asked what the tank was made of.

"This one seems to have both diecast and plastic parts, I dont really detect any resin parts, but its hard to tell with the diecast being there. I cant tell completely, and I'm not about to drill into it to find out. When I flick the hull, It resounds with a dull "clank", rather than a high pitched "click" as with plastics. I cant tell if there are resins or not, but the detail seems to resemble those with plastic qualities. On the bottom of the tank there are exposed hex head screws, I just fear taking it apart, not knowing if I would be able to get it back together. I tried once, but there apears to be something else holding it together, and I stopped short of prying it open."

If he made molds of it he would have to have taken it apart. Here he said he afraid to take it apart. My opinion, a BS artist had to pull it when he realised everone was on to him.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:38 pm

I was just looking though his history on EBay . He was the one who just paid $786.00 for the Jolly Rogers F-18 that just sold recently. Go figure.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:09 pm

He just told me it sold under a different account in a disguised listing... :?
--Samuel Beckett

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:26 pm

the buyer probably wanted ebay buyer protection so this guy listed it as something bizarre that nobody else would find and the buyer paid $1500 or whatever for it, and is protected.

The guy may not be a scammer, just an oddball. The thing with not wanting to post pics is wierd though. Lazy? Doesn't know how to upload pics and cant be bothered to learn?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Some of us do know which one of us owns the Car Lady KT. It is real and not a scam. I am one of those members, I do know but I was told that in confidence, and this ole bear never will betray a confidence, no amount of torture or bridery will tear that name from these ruby red lips...... :shock:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.