JSI F-14 REPAINT SERVICE AT SKYWORKS TOYS

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:45 pm

$350 + aircraft for now, because MTS will set the price higher
Jack

repaints other than the vf-84 spot free repaint are not coming at a cheap price at around 350$, plus skyworks states the price will only go up. OUCH!

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:33 am

First two sets of decals

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:20 am

How do I order the decal sheets?
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Yea.. MR skyworks you need to set up a really easy way to order.. Show us ALL the stuff your willing to sell and keep updating it! Or do something like that on your site. :D It would be nice to see some 1/18 armor decals being made.. :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:06 pm

You can get most of my models and kits at Militarytoyshop.com MTS takes credit cards you can also call Isaiah if you need more info he has most knowledge about full size airplanes and models of any people I know ,or you can contact me here with Private Massage or email at [email protected] I usually answer all 300 emails same day, this is the way to order little stuff like decals, one email and if we have it in a stock it is in a mail next day it cant be any easier than that .Let me know what exactly you want as far as armor decals and it will be done in couple days.
Last edited by SkyWorksToys on Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:51 am

We have to change price for our spot repainting service on F14 from $60 to $80 gear fix is still at $45, our price for finish repainted model with out shipping is $280

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

How the gear should look from the factory
we are in a process of making replacement gear for F14 here is a progress ,look at difference between original gear and what we try to accomplish

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:09 pm

which is which, thats impressive jack,i look forward to having your gear installed in my two planes next month!

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:12 pm

any price yet ?

phil

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:45 pm

$45 a set. thats not bad for the peace of mind you get with metal gear.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

thatf14guy wrote:$45 a set. thats not bad for the peace of mind you get with metal gear.
Thanks. Then I will take a set.

phil

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:27 pm

No no price yet I dont know if there will be any interest from you,but I strongly believe that we all Tomcat owners deserve better gear than what boys over seas made,yet I don't really think this is bad model even with all problems we discovered(one of my F14 came with out lading gear at all !)I think this is a great if not the best 1/18 ever just needs little improvement here and there
any way here is good picture of my gear versus stock

Jwcarpenter
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jwcarpenter » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Jack,

That gear looks awesome! That is the way it should have looked.

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Oh man, those gears are sweet. The F-14 might not be a total epic fail after all.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 am

thatf14guy wrote:$45 a set. thats not bad for the peace of mind you get with metal gear.
any review of the gear yet
whats up doc....

snake

Post by snake » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 am

iflabs wrote:The F-14 might not be a total epic fail after all.
Well not after you have spent an extra $100+ ,plus shipping,to fix some MAJOR factory flaws. :roll:

I give JSI a fail on this.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:46 am

jack, i thought you told me $45 a set, is that subject to change? hopefully not in the wronge direction, but even so it is a great service your providing, jsi really needs to step it up if you ask me. they got potiential, but they are blowing it big time. thank god for guys like you and some of the other forum members here who are willing to help fix these problems.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:08 am

SkyWorksToys wrote:Image
There are two different solutions to gear problem one is metal addition which fixes a broken or bend gear which i charge $45 for look at the pictures above, but this does not address appearance so I decided to make new gear using hub wheel and upper mount from Jsi gear this is resolves look and strength issues this is only a prototype before I proceed And invest more time and money I need to know if there will be market for this part.As far as all this disappointment with F14 ,JCI is in a sense my competitor so I should not take sides but couple things to consider are :
1. this is very first model design by them and it beats size and complexity wise any thing else on a market
2.I can imagine conversation between Merit and JSI "we have to make $200 price point or below for people to buy it " lets face it most of us got used to buying stuff cheap but you should understand that there is a reason why 1/72 scale F14 cost $100 there is a reason why piece of s*** mahogany F14 cost $130 so why you comply about quality when you push them by being typical US customer to cut the corners ,if this mode have no quality issues it would cost $700 in real economy,I was approach many times by retailers who ask to carry my line and conversation always was:" give me 1000 pieces for $75" I just cant do it because I rather make them here in US and quality will suck, and that is precisely what happened here ,moral of the story is we should collectively go to China to politely kiss JSI Chairman as otherwise they could start making vacuums or plastic silverware just imagine no Su27 no F15 no F4 on horizon I have tears in my eyes already .

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

JSI Repaint at SkyWorks Toys

Post by 456THBG » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 am

Received completed repaint & gear fix from Jack...Both are outstanding...The gear fix is night & day above original - Now I want to fix gear on my second F14, the Special Edition version.
Although the prices were very reasonable, by the time you factor in shipping, $30.00 each way, the total "repair" cost was over $150.00, plus the original $250.00 (includes shipping) for the plane in the first place. So total investment, for me, is over $400.00, but now I am very pleased with what I have - Jack's point about cost vs. quality has a way of almost always coming true!
Anyway, I highly recommend Jack's services to anyone thinking about repaint and or gear fix. SkyWorks is a class act!
I'm hopeful JSI has learned a valuable lesson, but I believe we need to be prepared for higher prices if they decide to proceed with new offerings!

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:44 am

Question to Jack:
Is this metal gear upgrade an remove and replace on the existing gear with a small new part, or is it a total new metal gear that can be swapped out? If it is an entire new gear is it still retractable or is it a plug in part similar to the 1/32 BBI F-4 Phantom?
Thanks

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Black Lion VF-213 wrote:Question to Jack:
Is this metal gear upgrade an remove and replace on the existing gear with a small new part, or is it a total new metal gear that can be swapped out? If it is an entire new gear is it still retractable or is it a plug in part similar to the 1/32 BBI F-4 Phantom?
Thanks
DITTO ON THAT
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Re: JSI Repaint at SkyWorks Toys

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:14 pm

456THBG wrote:Received completed repaint & gear fix from Jack...Both are outstanding...The gear fix is night & day above original - Now I want to fix gear on my second F14, the Special Edition version.
Although the prices were very reasonable, by the time you factor in shipping, $30.00 each way, the total "repair" cost was over $150.00, plus the original $250.00 (includes shipping) for the plane in the first place. So total investment, for me, is over $400.00, but now I am very pleased with what I have - Jack's point about cost vs. quality has a way of almost always coming true!
Anyway, I highly recommend Jack's services to anyone thinking about repaint and or gear fix. SkyWorks is a class act!
I'm hopeful JSI has learned a valuable lesson, but I believe we need to be prepared for higher prices if they decide to proceed with new offerings!
SO CAN YOU GIVE A REVIEW PHOTO OF IT..

THANKS

DOES IT STAND STEADY NOW.. DOES IT STILL TORK OR WARP WHEN ROLLING..
whats up doc....

Coreyeagle48

f-14

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:22 pm

Greetings:

Here is what an F-14 looks like with Skyworks Repaint Service applied to it

The paint finish is fantastic. It really makes the F-14 look like what it should. The price for the painting service in my opinion is reasonable. It saves you a lot of headaches if you are not a paint guy like me. After a few early misunderstandings with Skyworks over my Thunderbirds F-16 and some bad luck this plane really restored my confidence in Jack and Skyworks. He does a terrific job on these!

I did not opt for the landing gear fix at this time. I did however ask Jack to inspect the landing gear to make sure it worked well and all parts were present. Even though this is the original gear, it is staying in position, the plane can be rolled and it is working well. The only thing to make sure with the landing gear is make sure the spring loading systems activate and fully depress when you set her down. I've had no problems and I don't handle the F-14 all that much, so I don't think I will have any issues. Since Jack is casting metal gear, if anything ever breaks I'll just have them replaced or have Jack fix them. But so far so good.

I have two PTE pilots in the cockpit with yellow painted helmets. I did get helmet decals from Jack but am holding them until I find or make better pilots. The PTE pilots aren't that bad though. Have a little black to touchup but it could be left go. A terrific job on the repaint Jack, thanks again!
He really made the Tomcat look terrific!

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Coreyeagle48

skyworks F-14

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:24 pm

Greetings:

Here are some more photos of my F-14 which recieved the repaint service from Skyworks. Jack did/does a fantastic job with the F-14.

Corey

Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 pm

Good lookin' paint Corey!

Man, that's what WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN...(sigh)