POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:49 pm

MandaloreSC wrote:Is tko211s friend the only person who has found the Pak-40 Hanomag yet? The talk here is always about the "4 new items", but its 5. The Pak-40, Stuka zu Fuss, Panzerpionierwagen, Pak-40 Halftrack and M-16 Halftrack. If these items come in cases of 4, whats the mystery behind the Pak-40 Hanomag? It's not part of this case of 4 (?).
The Pioneerwagen has a Pak40 mounted on it..
The "4" I found were the M16, PaK40, Pioneerwagen, and StukaZufuss..

Oh, I know what you mean.. NO this particular one is NOT out yet..

“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

digger

new stuff

Post by digger » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:56 pm

The gun on the pioneer wagon is a Pak but not a Pak 40 I don't think.

OK, so the case includes 3 halftracks and the Pak 40 gun? We should clear this up..it would make sense b/c you don't see the Pak 40 hanomag on ebay but you see the other 3 halftracks..

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:57 pm

The pionierwagon does NOT have a pak 40 mounted on it. It has a 2.8cm PanzerBuchse 41 mounted on it. I believe the Pak 40 mounted hanomag was spotted by a friend of TKO but maybe it was the pioneerwagen he found and thoght the gun on it was the pak 40. I'm sure in time the pak 40 hanomag will be in good supply.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:28 pm

I hope all of these are in good supply soon :(
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Before you go happily cutting up stuff, (you customizers you) making notches in the sides, please remember that the 21C version is correct as a M-3 converted to M-16. The original floor of the M-3 (with the leg room in the center of the bed) was raised to make a flat floor to alow the quad mount to fire over the sides of the body, without the drop down tops.
I think 21c replicated that piece of engineering exactly on the M-16. I tried to describe it above, but you can see it better in the photo below of the rear of the halftrack, with the door open. 21c simply glued down a floorplate with the turret base over the bench/storage compartments on the origional M3. You can even see the bumps on the origional flooring if you look closely!

I've also included a couple more detail shots of the Pak-40, showing details of the gun breach and cranks that you could only partially see in my previous photos. I've also included a photo showing the shell inserted as far is it will go into the breach. That is a very nice feature for dioramas using this artillery piece!

Image Image
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:24 pm

I hit all 5, (five) Ocala, Florida area Walmarts today and the only XD I saw were two spec ops jeeps, 2 Seemann ME-109s, a few Luftwaffe F-104's and the usual crusty Japanese figures that nobody wants.

I asked the toy manager in one WM if we could expect any in, she didn't even know what I was talking about. Since there were no examples around, it took a bit of explaining. They even had old Avenger price tags up there as well. She said that she didn't know if they would EVER get any XD vehicles in but to check before Christmas. :shock:

Pretty much all the XD space is filled with 32x junk or those big die-cast cars with giant chrome rims that seem to be popular. So a big waste of time and gas. On the way back I decided to hit Big Lots and check out the PTE. Well guess what, they didn't have any! :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Huge Favor

Post by Fitzystigertank » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:36 pm

This for anyone that has bought the PAK 40 and the other pieces. I need a photograph of the bar code so I can go into WM and have it scanned. I read the #'s to them and it doesn't come up in there system. I have the Avenger one and all the associate had to do was scan it. So help a North easter find these pieces.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:47 pm

You guys that are talking about and posting pictures of your new XD are killing me!!!!!!!!!!! These pieces are so awesome and are nowheres to be found in N.J. The Tri-state area will probably miss the boat again. I think that I'll hang my head and cry now. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:04 pm

Why cry? They'll soon be at the small retailers and you can order all four plus the Pak-40 Hannomag :D I know they will be more expensive, but think of the shipping cost as being the gas money you'd waste driving to empty Wal Marts and the small increase in retail price as being a favor to keep a small retailer (and probably fellow collector) alive in the face of an evil mega-retail chain :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:09 pm

tell you what Tman.......you can be the noble one. Sell me the stuff you got at WM and you can help out the etailers in the fight against the evil chain store by re-purchasing them when they show up there.

k?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:13 pm

Too late, they're no longer MIB and it just wouldn't feel right selling the GPXD moderator a used product :wink: I will be getting the Pak-40 hanomag from an etailer when it comes out, however, and may get another Pak-40 gun.

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:17 pm

hey, no worries tman, i don't mind that they're preowned. Let's do it.

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:36 pm

The only one who wrote that the PAK 40 Hanomag has been released was tko211. He said that he and his friend have picked up 4 halftracks. TKO bought the M16 Halftrack and the Stuka zu Fuss, his friend bought the Pionierpanzerwagen and the PAK 40 Halftrack.

Well, when I take a look on Evil-Bay, things look different. There isn't a single PAK 40 Halftrack. I wonder if this beast has really been released yet.

@tko211: Can you clear this mystery, please? Has your friend really found a PAK 40 Hanomag?

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:54 pm

They should have a Dr. Phil episode about crazed XD fanatics who can't find the damn things and go beserk! :lol:

I could see myself pulling a Seinfeld-esque "marble rye" snatch on some kid holding a halftrack at WM. :twisted:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:01 pm

You just walk up behind the kid and yell "Look, a baby wolf!!!!". When the kid drops the half-track, you just pick it up and run.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:07 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:You just walk up behind the kid and yell "Look, a baby wolf!!!!". When the kid drops the half-track, you just pick it up and run.

TTT
Lmao! Maybe yell Horrywood!!!! As you run away :P

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:10 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Maybe yell Horrywood!!!! As you run away :P
lmao!!!
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:33 pm

Found the pak-40 at a walmart in Griffin GA - !!
Finally
They do have a place for the new vehicles near the XD stuff but I found the new items hidden up high in the model section... always pays to check each row - even the barbie section!
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:59 pm

I'm definitely going to get several more pak-40 guns to hook up to the halftracks although I think Tman is right about having to get additional ones from e-tailers since additional ones will be very hard to come by at WM's.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:19 pm

Well, I just broke down and ordered an XD winter scheme Tiger and a BBI super Humvee from Smalljoes.com. I've been wanting those two for a while and they just keep getting harder to find.

I think that I will leave the hunt for this new and elusive bunch to later this month when hopefully they are more readily available either online or at Wally. 8)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:33 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:You just walk up behind the kid and yell "Look, a baby wolf!!!!". When the kid drops the half-track, you just pick it up and run.

TTT
No you need the element of surprise,

just sneak up behind him and bark like a dog real loud!!!!!!
That will cause him to drop it, you pick it up and run to the check out. This teaches him a valuable lesson.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Well, I just broke down and ordered an XD winter scheme Tiger and a BBI super Humvee from Smalljoes.com. I've been wanting those two for a while and they just keep getting harder to find.

I think that I will leave the hunt for this new and elusive bunch to later this month when hopefully they are more readily available either online or at Wally. 8)
You mean right around thanksgivings, you think its hard now it find XD stuff just wait till the Christmases shoppers. I am thinking that I will get the new armor stuff spring of next year at this rate unless I get online. Even then I suspect they will sell out very fast.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:00 pm

VMF115 wrote:You mean right around thanksgivings, you think its hard now it find XD stuff just wait till the Christmases shoppers. I am thinking that I will get the new armor stuff spring of next year at this rate unless I get online. Even then I suspect they will sell out very fast.
Yeah, I'm afraid of that very scenario. I will keep checking but not as much as I've been doing. Maybe when they start stocking up for the post thanksgiving insanity they will get some out here. :roll:

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:43 am

The 21C version of a M-3 half-track converted to a M-16 is correct without the "notches" cut into the tops of the original M-16's with the fold down sections of the armor sides.

Here is a M-3 converted to M-16. You will note that along the front of the bed is space for only two of the 200 round "tombstone" ammo cans because the rest of the space was taken up by a SCR-528 radio set facing forward. That was optional and usually nore "tombstone" drums were carried. Normal amo load was 5,000 rounds but I don't see where that much ammo could have been carried. Remember crew would have included at least two guys loading fresh drums for the gunner. Tight quarters, that's for sure, dang sure....and only two seats in the bed.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.