A final screw job from Jack at Skyworks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: A final screw job from Jack at Skyworks

Post by Dauntless » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:41 pm

You can always go to small claims court, but really to win anything you have to have documentation and possibly a contract. I'm sure there's plenty of documentation that 21stC once owned the A-10.

There is also sometimes a counterclaim as what the agreement is, what extra work was done, etc. by the other party.

Verbal handshake agreements are harder to win. A contract spelled out beforehand like a prenuptial is a lot better.

Before court there's usually a meeting pre-court to settle differences before the lawyers and courts get their cut. This is usually set up with a mediator to avoid the costs of litigation, but at least it brings both party's to a mandatory meeting.
There is little expense in this, but be prepared with all documentation and representation if there is no agreement and an escalation to go to court.

If one goes through the legal channels, at least the other party has to respond, or lose the case and the law is on your side by default.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Jesus, I don't know who this Jack fellow is, but it sounds like he's a really big asshole!

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:50 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:Jack could care less about it. He’s written of this community and everyone he screwed over. If you want anything from him you better get a lawyer. That’s the only way you’ll see money or compensation. He’s banking on the fact that you’ll find it to be too expensive for the crime committed and not pull the trigger on him. He’s still got that prototype for sure. It’s hanging on his wall someplace and he will never give it back. It will be in small pieces before he hands it over. That’s the kind of guy you’re dealing with here. Its very sad but if an A-10 is in our future its going to be a scratch build.
I saw the A-10 prototype on ebay a few years ago for $5,000(if my memory serve me right)
It didn't sold.Jack knows how much is worth.He is not that crazy to destroy it.He probably hide it(out of his home)maybe with the intentions of selling it,or he want to produce it.He knows that if a judge ask for the A-10 he will be better off returning it,rather than paying 5,000 or jail.Saying that he destroy it will be worst for him since that will be a serious charge and he will still have to pay for it.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:44 pm

I say take it to the Judge...

"Sir, you are an idiot!"

This could unfortunately be said to both parties involved though, and, knowing Judge Judy, would be said to both parties.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:07 am

TankAce wrote: I saw the A-10 prototype on ebay a few years ago for $5,000(if my memory serve me right)
It didn't sold.Jack knows how much is worth.He is not that crazy to destroy it.He probably hide it(out of his home)maybe with the intentions of selling it,or he want to produce it.He knows that if a judge ask for the A-10 he will be better off returning it,rather than paying 5,000 or jail.Saying that he destroy it will be worst for him since that will be a serious charge and he will still have to pay for it.
This guy doesn’t care about the law or the money its worth. He could care less if you sue him or if the cops come calling. Mark my words I’ve had entanglements with this guy before. He would rather destroy it than give it back. That’s Jack! The guy just isn’t on an even keel.

Still it’s all speculation at this point. I think the only thing we can really count on now is that the odds of getting that prototype from Jack are slim to none.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:10 am

Dauntless wrote:You can always go to small claims court, but really to win anything you have to have documentation and possibly a contract. I'm sure there's plenty of documentation that 21stC once owned the A-10.

There is also sometimes a counterclaim as what the agreement is, what extra work was done, etc. by the other party.

Verbal handshake agreements are harder to win. A contract spelled out beforehand like a prenuptial is a lot better.

Before court there's usually a meeting pre-court to settle differences before the lawyers and courts get their cut. This is usually set up with a mediator to avoid the costs of litigation, but at least it brings both party's to a mandatory meeting.
There is little expense in this, but be prepared with all documentation and representation if there is no agreement and an escalation to go to court.

If one goes through the legal channels, at least the other party has to respond, or lose the case and the law is on your side by default.

i am thinking they did not draw up a contract thus the result...
whats up doc....

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 am

So we are supposed to feel for Allgo? Really this from a company that had made so many wise decisions........ While Jack is a jerk Allgo was foolish to put thier A10 prototype in the hands of someone like Jack but considering that Allgo to me is just Allgone waiting to happen it doesnt suprise me.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Black_Dragon_One wrote: i am thinking they did not draw up a contract thus the result...
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm

:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

f56tbird
Corporal
Corporal

Post by f56tbird » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 am

Gentlemen,
I have read and followed this post with great interest and have looked at all the comments and conclusions written here. I hate to use the old phrase "I told you so" but in this case it is nothing more then a single individual who has taken advantage of honest, trusting collectors of this hobby and boneing them. I in my professional life have met all too many a back-stabbing oppertuneistic character like jack before and have ended with all the same conclusions. As far as the prototype A-10 on loan to jack,.. might as well kiss it good bye. It will take more effort with a mindless apperation like jack, the process of money, resources, legal representation, paperwork, time and so on that will make the casey anthony child murder case look like a ticket for J-walking. Jack will simply not comply with anything but the actual event of being found, charged, arrested, cuffed, photographed and booked before he will come to the undisputable conclusion that he had backed into the wrong buzz saw. At that point we could see some results. The likelyhood of this happening is anyones guess. This has taught us all. Time to move on. Jack is only a turd who has turned into a small foot note in this hobby and better things are yet to come.
There was a demon that lived in the air. They said that whoever challanged him would die. He lived behind a barrier through which they said no man could ever pass. They called it..., the sound barrier..

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:10 am

............ Jack walks ...........

- MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:16 am

MG-42 wrote:............ Jack walks ...........

- MG
:lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx