All-Go Toys Press Release

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:11 pm

I guess what I don't understand if you are going to market a product, put it on your website, it seems they like to leak things here so that if it does'nt happen it never was in the works and they save face and try again.

We have a member here who is a custom builder, why is it that this one man can say he is going to produce something and do it and this so called company can't even build one?

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Sorry guys, but I have to say it, B-25, B-25, B-25, ring a bell?

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:20 pm

Its hard to get excited about this even though this is my favorite modern airplane PERIOD! but TKO if you are actually in contact with these people you better let them know if they drop the ball on this...they might as well move to the moon because that is the only place they will be able to exist.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:02 pm

This is potentially great news for A-10 fans. However, due to the size of this plane and the level of detail Skyworks puts into their aircraft I expect an unbuilt kit to run between $300 and $400 and a fully built model to be twice that amount. I could be way off, and trust me, I hope I am but I doubt it. If you can run with the big dogs on this one I am happy for you, but I fear I will be stuck on the porch for this one.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Now that I full read the post I think this is utter bull shite. Skyworks makes ubber expensive resin (aka brittle as all hell) planes. If that is what is offered you will price out and piss off most here. Resin sucks plain and simple. A few days ago my BBi F-18 fell 7 feet and nothing happened to it. A few months ago my DML pack howizer fell 2 feet on carpet and shattered. Algo better do this in plastic and keep it under 300 or they just might as well fold up shop and move on.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:27 pm

I love the Skyworks offerings and I am slowly, and I mean slowly trying to save up for one of their WWII planes but lets look at the facts we have available to us. The WWII Skyworks kits, as in unbuilt and unpainted, are almost all over $300 plus whatever shipping is. Just imagine how much it will cost for an aircraft twice the size of their current offerings. Granted, we still do not know all the details regarding the A-10. Will it be plastic or resin? Will it be offered as a fully built and painted model or a kit, or both? How many will be made? What type of detail and accessories should we expect? etc. All of those will greatly impact the price of the A-10, but if you think you are picking up a fully painted 1/18 A-10 for under $300 from a company that produces near museum quality products you're nuts.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I laid the ground work for this a while ago and had tremendious response.

But the word was out that one of the biggies were going to make one so I shelved the idea.

Now we get this news. Hmmmmmm.....

ONE OF THE OTHER GUYS NAILED IT $400-$500 FOR THE KIT

$800 FOR THE FULLY PAINTED.

Oh well that is what happens when you listen to others .

I rather make my own.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:36 pm

How is sky-works going to make an opening canopy?

I have heard that sky-works does the vacuum canopy thing, one piece that does not open on their other kits/pre-models
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

snake

Post by snake » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Good news,I guess.

Not really interested in the A-10 myself,but many members and polls have shown it to be a much wanted model.

Price point on this,is going to be critical.I think that $300 would be the tipping point.And that is for an assembled and painted model.

Most of us are ex modelers,who haven't built a kit in years.That is why we like diecast.If I wanted to build a kit,I would get a Tamiya or Hasegawa model.Not as large,but far more detail.And far less money.

I would like to see All Go succeed.But releasing a very expensive A-10 is not the way to go,in my opinion.

But this is all conjecture so far.No price,or other details.Just an announcement.

C'mon All Go.We are all pulling for you to be a success. :D

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:46 pm

snake wrote:

Most of us are ex modelers,who haven't built a kit in years.That is why we like diecast.If I wanted to build a kit,I would get a Tamiya or Hasegawa model.Not as large,but far more detail.And far less money.

Snake good evaluation, we all like the large scale but we don't have the skills anymore or we never had them in the first place!
...even for 300 bones you could get a 1/32 trumpeter kit made by some one and detailed to the hilt too!

http://www.kitreview.com/reviews/a10reviewta_1.htm

1/32 kit cost around 115. to 169.
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/catagories ... roduct.php

I wish ALL/GO and SkyWorks all the best!

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:33 pm

I have such mixed feelings. I have wanted an A -10 for soo long and finally a chance one is going to be produced. I would love one, but I don't want a brittle resin plane, and price has to be considered. I am figuring $300 I could do maybe a little more, but don't see how I could do $800. I hope it fits into the F-14 price range.
T
Todd

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:44 pm

No offence to TKO but I think we would all be more happy if ALGO was a little more forthcoming in what this beast is going to be made of esp since as of right now this moment in time nothing has been updated on the ALGO website............ I mean really gents remove the P-51 already
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Give Tko a break here, he is only the messenger....btw lets not turn this in to a hate fest....K
8)

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm

VMF115 wrote:Give Tko a break here, he is only the messenger....btw lets not turn this in to a hate fest....K
8)
Im not bashing the messenger but at the same time he knew what he was getting into when he signed up the be said messenger. ALGO/21C/Ultimate soldier has a track record that is spotty to say the least and as the messenger TKO is representing the company and all its faults. How can we trust him or ALGO anymore. First they offer a re-mold of a plane many of us have more than one of then they try to guilt us into getting one, why?, because if we dont we wont get the planes/tanks (King Tiger) we want. Sorry VMF if I dont trust this annousment or by association TKO but I think its irresponcible for a company to do this unless they have more than a prototype and hopes and prayers.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:24 pm

usmcchet9296 wrote:
VMF115 wrote:Give Tko a break here, he is only the messenger....btw lets not turn this in to a hate fest....K
8)
Im not bashing the messenger but at the same time he knew what he was getting into when he signed up the be said messenger. ALGO/21C/Ultimate soldier has a track record that is spotty to say the least and as the messenger TKO is representing the company and all its faults. How can we trust him or ALGO anymore. First they offer a re-mold of a plane many of us have more than one of then they try to guilt us into getting one, why?, because if we dont we wont get the planes/tanks (King Tiger) we want. Sorry VMF if I dont trust this annousment or by association TKO but I think its irresponcible for a company to do this unless they have more than a prototype and hopes and prayers.

I would trust TKO or Zach with my life!!!!! he is a good person. Please don't assassinate the character of a good bord member that has helped this hobby over the years. I am sure he is just relaying info.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:32 pm

TKO is a good guy, he is only telling us what he knows about the project in it's current state.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:36 pm

VMF115 wrote:
usmcchet9296 wrote: Im not bashing the messenger but at the same time he knew what he was getting into when he signed up the be said messenger. ALGO/21C/Ultimate soldier has a track record that is spotty to say the least and as the messenger TKO is representing the company and all its faults. How can we trust him or ALGO anymore. First they offer a re-mold of a plane many of us have more than one of then they try to guilt us into getting one, why?, because if we dont we wont get the planes/tanks (King Tiger) we want. Sorry VMF if I dont trust this annousment or by association TKO but I think its irresponcible for a company to do this unless they have more than a prototype and hopes and prayers.

I would trust TKO or Zach with my life!!!!! he is a good person. Please don't assassinate the character of a good bord member that has helped this hobby over the years. I am sure he is just relaying info.
You're right. TKO knows how we are expecting news from the hobby and he just tell us what's happening. He's hoping like us to see a future in the 1/18 world. He's a messenger, nothing more. We cannot blame TKO for the strange All-GO business.

phil

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:48 pm

WOW.... :shock: .....I'm speechless..........HOLY $H!T!!!

I know this probably won't be cheap, but I'm definitely going to be in for this if it happens..... :D

I can eat....maybe.... :lol:
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:20 pm

Birddog wrote:WOW.... :shock: .....I'm speechless..........HOLY $H!T!!!

I know this probably won't be cheap, but I'm definitely going to be in for this if it happens..... :D

I can eat....maybe.... :lol:

Dude your still alive???? I thought you starved to death by now. or did you survive on Arbys roast beef every now and then?
:lol:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:23 pm

usmcchet9296 wrote:
8)
I can't say that I blame you or others who might feel this way toward myself or 21C / AllGo. And you are indeed right. I'm a big boy and I knew what I was in for when I signed on to be the messenger.

First, let me address the frustration because I feel that you and others do have some very valid reasons to feel like there is not much here to go on. All-Go is trying hard to make it's first plunge back into the scale military market. Let me assure you that nobody wants to see them back more than the staff that currently works there. There are however, some very concerning hurdles to overcome and in the current state of affairs (economy, limited capital, rising costs overseas, shrinking customer base, no mass retail support... ) It seems that almost all the odds are against our hobby. Believe me when I say that JSI is in the same boat. Our hobby is on the verge of either totally evaporating or being reborn into something more niche than ever at best. It's not all gloom however, but it does mean much higher priced models. I personally think the 250 -300 for a tomcat today is average and we could see increases. We need to be ready for that and we will decide if this added pressure will be acceptable going forward. that is for each to decide and debate. Me- I'm going to choose to accept it and collect less. But I am in it for the long haul.

Here is all I know about AllGo today.

1. P-51D was the only mold that they could start with. It was a strategy to use what they had and try to make it exciting as best they could by going the pin up nude art route. Ultimately- costs, and realization that meeting minimum sales requirements to be profitable we not projected to be favorable the plan had to be scrapped. Frankly, it was a good call, a tough one, a disappointing one, but I do support it.

2. AllGo has capital and ability to start to produce but it's very limited to start and so there is a lot of pressure on the first releases. There is just reason to be ultra concerned and careful on the first releases to be successful. Much depends on it. Frankly, I think this will actually always be the case in this new era of our hobby. Any company will be at risk with each and every release each time. It's a one shot one kill deal each and every time or the game is up. JSI needs this F-14 to work if we are ever going to se the SU or anything else.

3. I am not 100% sure of the strategy to team up with skyworks on a joint production A-10 and I don't ultimately know what either will stand to gain. Obviously, it will be profits and access to the A-10 prototype for Skyworks. But it's not entirely clear to me the bigger picture for AllGo. Perhaps is intel gathering on another release? not sure... I am told only so much and then only every so often.

4. Why do I do it? In short, because I care about the hobby. I felt that some or any communication from 21C and now AllGo was better than none. and while at times every company has frustrated us and seemed to do weird things, much more good has come from all. As I type this I sit in my home office and I count over 40 planes produced by 21C, JSI, and BBI. I have about 70 more at my business office. They didn't just get there. The hobby didn't just happen. These companies made them. They made this hobby in this scale. So for that I am grateful and I salute every one of them for gambling hundreds of thousands of dollars each time they make a plane or tank. When was the last time any of us bet cash for a house on choosing the right plane and hoping it sells enough to at least cover it. It's tough and it takes some brass ones to ultimately green light production.

I really wish I did know more that I could share and I wish I knew how it would all turn out. I don't have all the answers and I hope that you forgive me for not. In the end I am still just like you. A fan who wants to see these planes a reality. I want them as cheap as they can be so I can buy more. I am just along for the ride too. I do my best to focus our concerns into constructive information for AllGo as I did once for 21C. that's about it...

So, with all that said. I understand the frustration and I don't blame you or anyone else for feeling that way. But, I do hope that you understand as someone else here pointed out... this isn't a question of my character as a person. I am just doing my best with what I have.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Zach thank you very much for the insight.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:44 pm

Very well TKO
I do understand your a fan like the rest of us its just like I have said before id give someones left nut for a A-10 but I cant at what SW charges and while the JSI F-14 wasnt cheap it wasnt a wallet breaker either and for an ALL PLASTIC (not brittle ass resin) plane it was a tolerable deal. Lets hope ALGO understands this and doesnt go the resin, uber expensive limited run route or lead us on forever and produce nothing
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

tko211

Post by tko211 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:05 am

I hear you! I want one also. I would also agree that for me and my situation 200-300 for the tomcat is fine (if it worked a little better and better paint). I would even pay more for a GREAT A-10. But it's gotta be great and really rock!

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:12 am

Does this mean the Kingtiger is dead?

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:30 am

ram04 wrote:Does this mean the Kingtiger is dead?
I started in this hobby collecting 1/6th
I am one of the original founders of the OSW and a old longtime member of the old Warrior Forum
I have collected the non-gijoe 12inch figures for over 10 years now
like 1/6th the 1/18th market is changed
no more wally world 40 dollar tanks and 50 dollar planes or BBi 75 dollar planes
the average 1/6th figure is 90 to 110 bucks now when just a few years ago the average price was 50 to 60 dollars
the price has basically doubled and my purchasing has dropped from 6-12 figures purchased a year to just a handfull if that
that means the average 40 dollar tank will be around 80 bucks now and 50 dollar planes are over 100 and well something like a A-10 ... look at 300 to 400
that means for a person like me I will maybe be able to get an A-10 and maybe something like a KT but not much more per year
it is what it is
sucks but what can we do
times they are a changin
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi