POST ALL AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:26 am

RKO? Do you mean TKO? :lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:36 am

What? The letter 'R' is right next to 'T.' :lol:
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

I mean THO

Post by jhogan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:33 am

Sorry, Yes- I mean TKO. I was thinking about RKO Movies and Theatre news reels of the Era. However, maybe RKO has news about the missing Avengers!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:45 am

anymore word on Avengers?
they seem to have fallen off the radar screen :shock:

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:39 pm

You might want to check out the 1:18 21c thread in the Direct from the Source forum to see TKO's comments on the Avenger situation...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:30 am

BadCat has new information about the Avenger, nothing good, they are uncertain if 21st Century will "honor" their "promotion/launch/retail distribution agreement"

To find this, scroll down their News thing on the right to the Avengers delayed, click the "see product description" link
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

digger

Hhmm..

Post by digger » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:49 am

Interesting comments by them however it could be good news for us. Sounds like what they thought would be their first dibs might no longer be - but that doesn't say anything about when we can expect the bird.

On a side note, it is funny how BCA is like a child with a grudge. You'll notice 21st Century has been moved down on the left side of the BCA home page and no 21st Century stuff appears among the featured products.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:55 am

Not sure what that means but it looks like 21st is planning to send these out to Wally World before the Cat gets their allocation. I assume that’s why they mentioned their "agreement". I could care less at this point. Just get the plane here.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:59 am

On a side note, it is funny how BCA is like a child with a grudge. You'll notice 21st Century has been moved down on the left side of the BCA home page and no 21st Century stuff appears among the featured products.
Yea, I think that seems to be the way they approach things sometimes. I have never had a problem with them in fact nothing but good service but I get the sneaking feeling that if you piss off the "Cat", he will bite you in the "@$$". :shock:
Still, if they had a deal i bet 21c will have some answering to do. Still to early to say ...

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:01 pm

i don't think you can blame them, this Avenger thing is almost like a bad joke. how many YEARS have we waited? i wanted several but now i don't know if i want to fool with it anymore either. i first preordered with Small blue planet. h*ll they went out of busness at least two years ago! this would be silly if it wasn't so sad!
and 21st won't tell anyone anything! it's funny that they talk about everything else new but mum on Avenger. :cry:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:08 pm

Oh if they got snaked by 21st I don’t blame them at all. I was referring to their Black list practice. I would be pissed as well. Still too early to tell for sure what happened but it sure looks like the planes may be headed over the cat straight to the mart. I have a preorder for their exclusive that I am concerned about.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:14 pm

Come to think of it, it seem as BadCat now hates 21st Century, they changed their main picture, lowered the 21st Century tab, and talk bitterly at the Avenger information.

Do you think it is a good idea to cancel my Atlantic Avenger pre-order?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:29 pm

wow!
they even took a bunch of 21st pictures down!
all of the Avenger pix are Gone!
the advance Mustang pix won't come up either.
i smell a war!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:32 pm

Well, I hope it’s not war because if it is, BCA just lost my business. :cry: I only buy my 21c planes from them. I guess if they don’t sell them anymore then I’ll be shopping elsewhere. Too bad, I liked doing business with them.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:37 pm

Same here, the first and only 2 planes I ever ordered on the internet were from Badcat, and they are nearly perfect. I would like to continue with them, but as things are going, Im a bit worried...

Do you think I should cancel my Atlantic Avenger pre-order?

digger

avenger

Post by digger » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:39 pm

Do you think it is a good idea to cancel my Atlantic Avenger pre-order?

Yes. It is not going to sell out, you will be able to get one. Pre-ordering one is pointless. When [IF] they ever arrive, then just order one from whoever has them. Or just pluck one off the WM shelf. :wink:

Oh, and I doubt BCA would stop selling 21st products...just a hunch. Safe to say 21st products built the warehouse, the website and it would take a lot of "Witty Wings" to keep the business going....

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:58 pm

TKO,
Are you still feeling 'lucky' on our bet in Augs?

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:13 pm

I HOPE :cry: they keep selling 21st.
i'm not going to cancel my preorder.
but they did stop selling Corgi over some kind of dispute :cry:
but i like 21st and BCA so i hope they stay together :)
because also, a lot of times BCA is the only source for updates.

digger

hhmm..

Post by digger » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:56 pm

warhawker wrote:TKO,
Are you still feeling 'lucky' on our bet in Augs?
WH, we never did 'shake' on it...but the offer still stands. This development only gives me a better feeling. :wink:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:04 pm

they may have just taken the avenger pics down due to all the uncertainty and possibly because they are getting alot of email about it.

BCT may be a little frustrated with 21c right now but i would think they sell a fair bit of 21c products so i doubt they will stop....it would be like cutting of their nose to spite their face, sorta.

They stopped selling Corgi because they didn't like Corgi's pricing policy which did not allow price discounting, or something like that. I imagine Corgi sales were a drop in the bucket as compared to 21c ones.

I hope they continue with 21c.....i think the two companies are good for each other...
Last edited by aferguson on Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:10 pm

i hope your right

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:33 pm

KAGNEW wrote:i don't think you can blame them, this Avenger thing is almost like a bad joke. how many YEARS have we waited? i wanted several but now i don't know if i want to fool with it anymore either. i first preordered with Small blue planet. h*ll they went out of busness at least two years ago! this would be silly if it wasn't so sad!
and 21st won't tell anyone anything! it's funny that they talk about everything else new but mum on Avenger. :cry:
Actually it seems 21C is extremely inconsistent on product promotion. Which is extremely bad in my book for doing business. Perhaps there is some political BS that we dont know. But I'm getting sick and tired about all the super secrets. Collectors want product not secrets.

Nobody heard nothing about reissues of the M48 and mutt and bam their here! And the P-51 ridge runners all the online stores had preoorder late March delivery and I bought mine at WM in Feb. Bam their here!

Yet the Avenger was all over the world "coming soon" for 3 years but while you wait buy something else...which many people did I bet.

Did Ford keep their New Mustang GT development secret? No bam their here with Ford.

Dave

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:11 am

I just ordered 2 new 21st planes from Bad Cat. I haven't had any problems in the past and I doubt they will discontinue selling 21st products... they make up the majority of the 1:18 marketshare. Whatever is going on I am sure it will pass. If not I guess I will look for a new online retailer.

As for some of the product promotion issue... I think 21st does a pretty good job 90% of the time with keeping people in the loop. Granted there are those occasions where something sneaks in. Usually on these occasions it is simply a matter of some products finishing production ahead of schedule. WM stuff I think goes direct to them so sometimes it even catches 21st off guard.

The toy business is kinda crazy that way sometimes. Add WM distribution practices and it becomes even more crazy. As long as stuff keeps coming I am happy!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:42 am

so tko

any new news for us... like 1:18 scale pershing or tiger...
whats up doc....

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:24 am

The toy business is kinda crazy that way sometimes. Add WM distribution practices and it becomes even more crazy. As long as stuff keeps coming I am happy!
I'm happy too! I just WISHED I didn't have to visit EVERY WM in 4 counties to see what might have sneaked in.

But gee it sure does get you into walmart...

DH