Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Advance Warning

Post by dandaman » Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm

This is an advance warning for those of you in the DFW area. I'm letting you in on this, because you are my friends.

I bought 2 of the Russian Soldiers today. While I was examining them next to the Colonel, I realized something. I need more.

Those of you in the DFW area have until Friday to pick up any Colonels or Russian Soldiers. After that, I'm hitting every WalMart, TRU, and Target in the metroplex looking for these. I'm not going to leave a single figure on the peg.

If it takes all weekend, I don't care. I'm getting them all.

You must understand how many years I have been waiting for a decent 1:18 scale Russian soldier...now I'm going hog wild.

Just thought I would be nice and give the rest of you a chance to get what you need before I clear the pegs.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Advance Warning

Post by dandaman » Mon May 05, 2008 5:06 pm

After that I'm getting more trucks!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9134989

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:54 pm

General Blasto wrote:Hey Razor,

I LIKE IT :P :P :P Mind if I copy your idea on the GC/IJ Col. figure ???
As I PM'd someone, I am going to be makin' some "Burp" type sub MGs for the Russkies, It'll be the same as the one I made for my Stiener figure. Also, I think the rifles that came with the Tarter guards in GC fit the Russkie WWII rifles or close to it ;) So I just gotta get going on these projects ASAP. Just sooo much to do, and little time to do it :( I'll keep the pic.s coming of these projects too 8) Da General
No, I don't mind. You have to dremel down into the head a bit so the head come far enough onto the neck. The hole is a bit too shallow.
Be my guest.
Remember, to play nice with the other Generals out there...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Advance Warning

Post by warhawker » Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 am

dandaman wrote:This is an advance warning for those of you in the DFW area. I'm letting you in on this, because you are my friends.

I bought 2 of the Russian Soldiers today. While I was examining them next to the Colonel, I realized something. I need more.

Those of you in the DFW area have until Friday to pick up any Colonels or Russian Soldiers. After that, I'm hitting every WalMart, TRU, and Target in the metroplex looking for these. I'm not going to leave a single figure on the peg.

If it takes all weekend, I don't care. I'm getting them all.

You must understand how many years I have been waiting for a decent 1:18 scale Russian soldier...now I'm going hog wild.

Just thought I would be nice and give the rest of you a chance to get what you need before I clear the pegs.
You are being very caviler in thinking that you will hit all 100+ stores in the the DFW area with gas at $3.52 a gallon!
As Sponge Bob would say...."Good luck with that!"

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Advance Warning

Post by parrish333 » Tue May 06, 2008 9:42 am

warhawker wrote: You are being very caviler in thinking that you will hit all 100+ stores in the the DFW area with gas at $3.52 a gallon!
As Sponge Bob would say...."Good luck with that!"
Hey, where there's a will there's a way. Or, where there's $300 in gas money and $300 in 1:18 money, there's a way :wink:

And send us some of that $3.52/gal gas! Up here in Chi-town, we've been pushing closer or over $4 for awhile. Two gallons of gas = just more than one IJ figure! Or four gallons of gas = three 21c figures at WM! I can remember when 5 gallons of gas = one 21c figure! It makes internet shopping more and more attractive vs. driving to all the TRUs, Targets, and WMs in the area only to find out that those stinky adult toy collectors like blasto and dandeman got there just before I did and cleared the pegs :wink: !!!

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Tue May 06, 2008 10:23 am

Can these Russian figures passed as Modern Russians ...ei: Motorized Regiment....of the Cold War....Afghanistan War?....I want to try that better that WWII....
what do you guys think....
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue May 06, 2008 3:40 pm

I finally found colonel dovchenko he reminds of General Yevgraf Zhivago
from Doctor Zhivago.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Tue May 06, 2008 6:13 pm

Has anyone seen the 12" German figure? I've been to tons of stores and that is the only one missing and I'm begining to wonder if they even shipped. I'm not really collecting these, but I wanted to see if that one was worth getting.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue May 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Tambo wrote:Has anyone seen the 12" German figure? I've been to tons of stores and that is the only one missing and I'm begining to wonder if they even shipped. I'm not really collecting these, but I wanted to see if that one was worth getting.
I've seen them at wm & target, it looks really good

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

DFW Update

Post by dandaman » Tue May 06, 2008 7:56 pm

Regarding the 12" German figure, I saw one at TRU today.

And an update on my quest to collect all the Russian figures in the DFW area...I got one more Russian Soldier and two more Colonels today.

I think I'm about done. No gasoline superadventure this weekend.

So DFW collectors have a chance to get their Russian troops! Which is more than I can say for the state of FL! :P

Stug45

Re: DFW Update

Post by Stug45 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:00 pm

dandaman wrote:Regarding the 12" German figure, I saw one at TRU today.

And an update on my quest to collect all the Russian figures in the DFW area...I got one more Russian Soldier and two more Colonels today.

So DFW collectors have a chance to get their Russian troops! Which is more than I can say for the state of FL! :P
I've been finding Russians down here.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Question

Post by dandaman » Tue May 06, 2008 8:07 pm

I have a question for the group. This is not about the Russian soldiers, the German soldiers, the truck, the German on the motorcycle, or the Vogel figure.

Does anyone plan on collecting the rest of the Indiana Jones figures? I mean, the whole set. There are a lot of figures, including the deluxe ones. Who's going to do it?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue May 06, 2008 8:27 pm

Everyone who likes the movie series I assume... Myself included.

Considering I've seen 4 WM's in my area sell through about 3 sets of full pegs, I'd say they're well on their way. Mutt Williams is easily pegwarmer of the millenium early on though. He even makes the Neimoidian Warrior look like a hot commodity. One WM I hit tonight had only Mutt Williams figures on the pegs... No Deluxe, no other basic, and only one German 4WD car.

Not shabby sell-through rates for a movie that hasn't even gotten full swing with promo yet.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Pegwarmers

Post by dandaman » Tue May 06, 2008 8:45 pm

You are correct. Mutt is a major pegwarmer already. I think they were smart by including a relic with each figure. That means you have to buy a Mutt to get the relic.

I have to say the rest of the figures aren't that bad. None of them really say "pegwarmer" to me, y'know?

I will say this. The Irina figure is a little bit tougher to find, but you will eventually come across it.

I personally believe the German soldier will become a pegwarmer...eventually. It's just not DAK enough to be that popular. But that's just my opinion.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue May 06, 2008 9:01 pm

Hmmm, I think the Russkies HAVE arrived here in FL.

Da The Red Army grows Comrade :twisted:

Gen. Blasto

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Sigh

Post by dandaman » Tue May 06, 2008 9:10 pm

Sigh...Blasto's at it again. :roll:

But back to the Indiana Jones line of figures...how do you plan to collect?

You have 17 basic figures at around $7 each, 7 deluxe figures at around $10 each, and then 2 vehicles at around $20 each.

That's about $230 (plus tax and gas).

It's not a lot of money if you think about it, but a grown adult filling up a shopping cart full of Indy merchandise is always a sight to see. :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue May 06, 2008 10:38 pm

I'm buying it all... A grown adult buying a bunch of 1:18 military action figures isn't really any different and gets the same looks. So to me it doesn't bug me really. I'm hoping for 3 trucks, 3 German cars, 4 motorcycles, and I'll army build the rest as I can... See where I can go from there.

Tonight I got most of the basic figures... Got the first German 4WD... It was a nice haul. Have some more to find, mostly KotCS figures and deluxe now though.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Tue May 06, 2008 10:45 pm

Heck shopping at my Wal-mart is a true adventure right now. They are remodeling and moving stuff EVERY day one day the item you are looking for is here next they are over here the following day over yonder. Feel sorry for the workers having to move it all the time :shock:
Could not think of anything to put here.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue May 06, 2008 10:50 pm

As with most other toy lines, I am not after colleccting everything in the set, and will get what I feel I like most. There are alot of tempting figures in the new Indiana Jones line whether they be for the custom potential or because they are simply great-looking figures. Some, like the Russian soldiers, I have gotten multiples of for custom work. Others, like the German soldier and the Indiana Jones figures, I have gotten only one or two of. (After all, how many versions of Indiana Joes can one get?) Then there are some, the Monkey Man, Sallah, and Uncha Warrior figures come to mind, that are simply neat, ethnic-looking figures that are supurbly detailed and look great. I think its really cool to see Hasbro making a toyline that features realistic figures that are not sci-fi or comic-book characters. Although that may hurt the sales in the long run, I'm enjoying it :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Wed May 07, 2008 6:00 am

I've picked up a few other figures simply because that some of them(or parts of them) is a great way to start building a Civilian population ;) That's why I've bought some of the GC figures too 8) Da General

ps. I couldn't help but put the pic. in with the red army after it was said that there wasn't any figures here in FL. I think that was the FOV WWII figures that took foreeeeever to show up here :oops:

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: DFW Update

Post by warhawker » Wed May 07, 2008 1:56 pm

dandaman wrote:Regarding the 12" German figure, I saw one at TRU today.

I have only found 1 Russiann soldier so far out of 3 WM that I have gone to! I took your warning seriously and was thinking about using them for my 1/18 Russian or NK Mig...could make ground crew/sercurity detail and political officers

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed May 07, 2008 3:24 pm

I can't wait to see the sidecar.
found this pic http://www.aucb31.dsl.pipex.com/r12.jpg
:D

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed May 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Ok..I saw the 12" German today and do not care for it, but I really want to send away for the 12" Ark. I need 4 of the stickers that come inside each box. Does anyone want to sell me the stickers? I'll pay $5 each.

Jagdpanther
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jagdpanther » Wed May 07, 2008 6:17 pm

Do you guys think they will do that World War I type tank thats in the Last Crusade? It would be a cool piece if they did. By the way I found today at Wal Mart the Motorcycle, troop car, and Truck I passed on the figs.
[img88]http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s281/army5551/160392_1114600356-1.jpg[/img88]

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Wed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm

^I think Hasbro answered that in Q&A and hinted that they would NOT do the tank.

They are really terrified about doing vehicles at a price point greater than $20 and said they didn't think they could bring in the tank at that price.

Friggin' shame. I think LOTS of people would pay $30 for the tank if done right. You'd get kids, collectors and even non-Indy collectors on board with something like that.