JSI F-14 REPAINT SERVICE AT SKYWORKS TOYS

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:38 am

It works it says "no video" just wait few seconds

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:44 am

Jack, I couldn't get the link to work, but no big deal...I cannot wait for your gear to be available - I'll need two sets, and I think you already explained how to remove existing main gear in a previous link.
Hurry, please :D

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

f14

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:14 pm

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-detail-cutaway.htm

the f14 cutaway

show the wheels in its flight and landing position
whats up doc....

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:37 am

MilitaryToyshop.com is taking preorders on gear ! ,there are two options painted assembled gear ready to be installed or unfinished where some assembly and painting is required ,you should know that first production run is much smaller than how many people email us about gear ,heads up for forum members

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:56 am

SkyWorksToys wrote:MilitaryToyshop.com is taking preorders on gear ! ,there are two options painted assembled gear ready to be installed or unfinished where some assembly and painting is required ,you should know that first production run is much smaller than how many people email us about gear ,heads up for forum members
Jack,
Thanks for the heads up. I just pre-ordered a set.
I don't know if you answered this previously but do these metal gear have the spring inside so they retract a little like the original gear?
Just curious.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

mkxiv
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mkxiv » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:19 am

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:12 pm

mkxiv wrote:You can see both listings here: http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype ... istory=cat

r there instruction on how to insert the wheels and the rest..

when in April early to mid to late thanks
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:48 pm

SkyWorksToys wrote:MilitaryToyshop.com is taking preorders on gear ! ,there are two options painted assembled gear ready to be installed or unfinished where some assembly and painting is required ,you should know that first production run is much smaller than how many people email us about gear ,heads up for forum members
we r not getting the front upper struts ... right the one shown on the pic?
whats up doc....

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:24 pm

I dont understand question: "we r not getting the front upper struts ... right the one shown on the pic?"

mikeg

'

Post by mikeg » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm

don't stop now, please continue..

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Black_Dragon_One wrote:
original Mtoshp

Upgrade your 1:18 F-14 Tomcat with Skyworks Toys Super Detailed scale metal main gear set. Set includes painted white, left and right main gears struts for 1:18 F-14 Tomcat. The gear struts are recommended for static use only. ***Customer will need previous Tomcat wheels and front top arm strut from previous gear to complete***ORDERS ARE NOT CHARGED UNLESS WE ARE PRE-PARING TO SHIP***SHIPPING WILL BE ADDED AFTER ORDER IS PLACED, FLAT RATE OF $6.99 for

***Customer will need previous Tomcat wheels and front top arm strut from previous gear to complete**

the front top arm strut

i thought that was built in but base on the posting we have to supply our own..
whats up doc....

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:50 am

I thought they retracted???
Last edited by VMF115 on Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:27 am

VMF115 wrote:I thought they retreated???

had to go to work just got home

hehe..
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:28 am

long day... my post here help distract me from life..
whats up doc....

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 am

Black_Dragon_One wrote:
we r not getting the front upper struts ... right the one shown on the pic?
Now I get it.My mission is to improve badly design or executed parts,in this case front arm is ok with wheel best part on JSI gear nothing special but at list looks close to original so why not to keep it to assure lower cost,also anybody can(my wife can do it) remove pin which holds it in a place in 10 seconds ,this set is made of 14 parts why to make 15 , some people ask for a wheel too, what will be the reason to replace perfectly good part which anybody who owns Tomcat got anyway.With purchase of the gear painted version I dont mind if you send me gear separate or with F14 and Ill do installation for you for free

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Re: skyworks F-14

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 am

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Greetings:

Here are some more photos of my F-14 which recieved the repaint service from Skyworks. Jack did/does a fantastic job with the F-14.

Corey

I have a question about these repaints, Why there seems to be an unpainted/color diference in the folding wing and top back area of the fuselage(cover by the wing when in "delta" position) in all of them?

Is because they are painted in the "close position" and no retouch in the open one , technical/model problem?

I hope the maker do not feel offended but for my very personal opinion, looks a little distracting, but to each it's own.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:49 am

Well before asking that question on forum you could research why ,this particular aircraft has what is called "Wing Glove " special bleeder which seals wing gap it is made of flexible material and has different color than rest of the aircraft ,actually I think this is probably one of best executed areas in JSI model color, texture is just right.

this picture clearly shows area in question great contrast between black and Wing Glove gray

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:54 am

SkyWorksToys wrote:Well before asking that question on forum you could research why ,this particular aircraft has what is called "Wing Glove " special bleeder which seals wing gap it is made of flexible material and has different color
Well my friend, I have made the research.....that's why I asked, they way it looks in the real thing(plane) is a diferent shade of color and with a crisp demarcation lines in the fuselage.....something like the line drawing you show.

You realy don't take question/opinions very good...do you 8)

Sorry I will not take more of your time or dare to comment on your work!

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:40 am

Not a truth at all, this is exactly what you wrote no one word about demarcation line actually you are very specific what area you are talking about here is a quote before you delete it:
"I have a question about these repaints, Why there seems to be an unpainted/color diference in the folding wing and top back area of the fuselage(cover by the wing when in "delta" position) in all of them?/'

Is because they are painted in the "close position" and no retouch in the open one , technical/model problem?" end of quote

ImageImage

Yes I will defend my work when somebody is trying to undermine it with out legitimate reason except getting even ,
Real reason why you do it because I commented on your Panzer , well when I saw it it was only a picture I did not know who you are and what you do and I still don't care I just comment on a model an fact that in my world i would try to fix or cover that philips screw before adding any thing else it was not personal at all ,but now don't call me your friend

Last edited by SkyWorksToys on Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jwcarpenter
Corporal
Corporal

F-14

Post by Jwcarpenter » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Jack does top notch work in detail, painting, and scale. I am about to get my F-14 re-painted soon.

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:42 pm

Don't worry, I won't call you or want you as my friend at all..by the way it was a courtesy line....oh, by the same token you gave your glowing review of my model, I could not ask a simple question about YOUR WORK?......you Sir, are "touchy about opinions".

TO BE CLEAR AND ANYONE CAN READ MY POST....I NEVER,NEVER denigrate or "torpedo" your work...in revenge for your review???....oh, please!!! You should read your "tone and attitude" in that post...but again I am pretty sure you are one of those persons that do not receive very good any type of diferent opinion or views.

You can have the "sandbox" all to yourself..I am to old for this type of attitude..in reality after this I realy can care less about your opinion or work for that matter.....but had to answer your "correction/only takes 20 minutes to do replay/ability from God" replay.

PLASTICFANATIC
Corporal
Corporal

Re: F-14

Post by PLASTICFANATIC » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Jwcarpenter wrote:Jack does top notch work in detail, painting, and scale. I am about to get my F-14 re-painted soon.

I am happy for you, and hope you enjoy it for years to come.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:20 pm

Well it become private piss of match. But you got it wrong I hardly belong to this or any other forums Im sure that moderator will give hes right arm to be able to kick me out and never hear from me again reason being I'm horrible personality person I live in a cave in some foreign country I speak and write in broken English. I also can cast a spell where things will vanish from USPS . Nobody likes me here except few friends ,any way they tolerate me rarely because I make stuff but they cant stand me because they cant afford it ,I don't care who is on this forum and for a what reason if you like it here please stay I don't care mater of fact you could like this place.To be fair since my comment was part of discussion and standing alone is out of context I like your Panzer a lot it is definitely fresh approach with unorthodox thinking great visual impact little over done -again for my taste, I always explain to people who help me build this models; " it is almost more important what you don't paint than what you do paint less is more in this case " for that reason Woofer Custom guy over detail paint wise hes models they don't look real to me you have almost the same approach with weathering methods, you could start with fixing that eye sore screw and hatch ,but than again I make the same mistakes all the time . This is just my personal opinion with little bit of constructive criticism this is not about who is better modeler ( of course you know that Im the best) .When I talked to Gunther Rall past summer just before he pass away third scoring ace in history I ask hem about what he said in hes TV interview when he said:"after all at the end we were fighting on a same side" my point is after all we on a same side

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:04 pm

When you spoke to Gunther Rall, what did he mean by "after all we are fighting on the same side?"
Todd
Todd

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:29 pm

I interpret it as "we were pilots trying to survive, to kill meant to live another day " over simplified version if it wasn't for Hitler we could be friends with Bud Anderson for example and much later they were. From my point of view you could find yourself fighting on a wrong side, all wars are started by politicians, not by people or armies and we all know that we can trust politicians ,I learn to fly helicopters with one of European Country's Army, if things would turn wrong way on a major level I could be forced to fight my family member or you .You and I are friends but we could be enemy's by some body else choice ,that is what I think he meant