POST ADMIRAL TOYS F-86 DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:14 pm

TKO---You and your news is invaluable. It is greatly appreciated. I think people like the scale so much they are just hungry for more and more. Keep up your good work and I am sure we will keep buying.
Aaron

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:33 pm

[quote]TKO---You and your news is invaluable. It is greatly appreciated. I think people like the scale so much they are just hungry for more and more. Keep up your good work and I am sure we will keep buying.

Well- I can't argue with that... the 1:18 scale is pretty hot, and we sure have a lot to be getting excited about right around the corner! Perhaps its just spring fever knowing that new stuff is just around the corner

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:18 am

TKO211,

I can see where you might take my comments personal but I think you are missing my point. You are a customer just like us and can only provide info as you get it and are unable to answer the questions that folks ask of you. I realize many times you eventually answer the questions with what you "think" is going on but that doesnt compare with answers coming from the company directly and within days of being asked, not weeks or never. I dont want to post too many examples of my point because I hate typing but here's a few: 4 for victory? last info about this was in early December and now new Mustangs are in Walmart.
Whats up with that? Many items you post on the fan site are nothing more than info about products that members already have posted as finding at retail (one example is 1:18 Sarah figures, you posted info about them on the fan site in December yet we were finding them in October. merril's marauders set was the same way). I usually can get info faster from watching on-line retailer posts.
With much of the 21st info being late, and with 21st either ignoring our members questions (or you arent able to get the questions to 21st) I dont think it would be fair to use a 3 day average for posts. Again, appreciate all you do and nobody faults you for not answering the questions or posting timely info, you can only post what 21st gives you, right?

I have been a loyal customer of 21st from the beginning so I dont enjoy
griping about them but my loyalty isnt blind. Yes they started it all and I love them for it and will buy one of each of their offerings, but it doesnt mean I have to pretend to like their customer service and lack of attention to the fans. (refer to examples above)

BBI and Admiral come directly to the forum and answer questions to the best of their ability, and in Amdiral's case, pretty darn quickly. The 21st questions go to you, and then we either see no answer or an answer of what you think 21st is doing......it isnt the same.

But take comfort in knowing that I am sure I'm the only one who notices
and will comment about it and everyone else loves the way 21st operates :wink:

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:34 am

TKO211 and CW4USARMY
Guys, please be careful where this goes. I know from personal experience that comments sometimes unfortunately can be misconstrued and go the wrong way. I was banned from a certain e-tailer because I aired my feelings. Remember we are only talking about toys. I too am frustrated about delays in product, in fact, I have already paid for the Avenger on a pre-order almost three years now, and still waiting. Some companies have a policy of being out there as far as customer service goes and some don't, it's not just restricted to our hobby. Heck, when I finally go to wherever it is I'm slated for, my wife is still looking for a box big enough to put all my XD in it with me. :)
OK, I will keep quiet now and return to my room........
Thanks to you TKO for trying to keep us up to date as much as you can and Thanks to you CW4 for all you contribute to this arena.
JOC (USNret)

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:28 am

Thanks JOC, I'm not frustrated, I am extremely happy that Admiral has shown up as I have always believed that competition breeds excellence! I was pointing out some of the issues with the big boy companies because
it cracks me up how many people will get lousy service and beg for more as if it was the best thing since sliced bread! :lol: I love this hobby and
have spent thousands of dollars on my "toys" so I like calling it like it is (which is why I went warrant instead of regular officer :wink:

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:16 am

CW4
Thanks for your comments. I agree that some do take it and keep going back for more. Thats what life is all about.
About going Warrant vs Regular Officer, I fully understand.
I preferred to stay in the Chief Petty Officer Community (goat locker world) instead of having my (you know what bent) to go into Commissioned Status in the Navy.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:39 am

You are right, it is just easier to conclude that you can't make everyone happy all of the time. This becomes more apparent when a company produces the majority of the market share of products. Tank guys get mad a plane guys for getting more product. Experts count rivets. Historians question uniform color and equipment. So on and so on. I guess it all just part of the industry. More products = more Pros and more cons.

Like JOC said earlier, we are only talking about toys here. And as a Fan I can say that I appreciate 21st as they offer many products to choose from in multiple scales with tanks, trucks, jeeps, planes, and figures. That is just my bottom line opinion. I can't wait till 21st releases pics of the test shots for the Mig-15 and F-86. For you guys who already own an F-86, I am sure you will still be pleased to own a Mig-15 this year?

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:23 am

A Mig 15 would be really cool. Any idea when we can see some test shots of them?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:15 pm

CW4USARMY,
I have a F-86 and am glad that Admiral has come on the scene. But, geeze, Zach has been on this board for a LONG TIME trying to provide us with info when sometimes there is nothing to tell! Plus, he doesn't work for 21st Century. He is a fan like us. So, he is taking HIS time to gather info for the rest of us...
If you are mad at 21st Century for not plopping the AVENGER in your lap when you think they should - write a letter, put up a billboard, send a singing telegram to their offices - but don't knock Zach's efforts to provide information to this forum...

Would you much rather hear? -"Wait and See..."
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:32 pm

Guys:
Me thinks we need to let this go NOW. I am not the moderator, lord who would let me moderate anything anyway.
Lets all talk about our toys, everyone is doing a great job, and we all are trying in our little ways, to help each other out.
KUDO's to ALL of US............
There, see how easy that was.
(Now if I can just get out of these restraints, I can eat my lunch alone) :)
JOC

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:06 pm

well said JOC..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:32 pm

Razor17019 wrote:..... send a singing telegram to their offices.."
This is the way we should submit all grievances.

Sir...another singing telegram.....

:roll:
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Can you see some guy dressed up as a FW-190 singing: "Hello, my honey. Hello my baby. Where is my Avenger now??"
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:58 pm

Razor17019 wrote:CW4USARMY,
I have a F-86 and am glad that Admiral has come on the scene. But, geeze, Zach has been on this board for a LONG TIME trying to provide us with info when sometimes there is nothing to tell! Plus, he doesn't work for 21st Century. He is a fan like us. So, he is taking HIS time to gather info for the rest of us...
If you are mad at 21st Century for not plopping the AVENGER in your lap when you think they should - write a letter, put up a billboard, send a singing telegram to their offices - but don't knock Zach's efforts to provide information to this forum...

Would you much rather hear? -"Wait and See..."
Dude!,, Read my posts! not criticizing Zach nor am I mad. Just making an observation of the lack of courtesy from the big companies. (Not sure why some of you guys blow it out of proportion (but I know the type, if my user name was E-1USARMY I wouldnt get such negative comments). Believe me, I am as happy as pig in sh#t about Admiral and the eventual 21st items. (and by the way I wasnt commenting on 21st alone, the wait and see from BBi is just as bad)

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Questions

Post by eddie372 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:49 pm

I'd like to ask the military history buffs and experts here in the forum a couple of questions for which I have no definite answers:

1- During the Korean War, did F-86 pilots have specific helmet colors according to squadron? Or did pilots pick whichever helmet color they wanted?

2-Were pressure suits used at this time, or is that something more modern than the Korean War? My guess is that with the g-forces involved in jet handling, pilots actually required it, but by looking at several F-86 pilot pictures, it seems as if they were not used at all.

3-How were the engines on F-86s dismounted from the aircraft, say for a mayor overhaul or replacement jobs?

4-Is the nose gear tire inflatable?

Any information will be appreciated, as always.

Eddie372
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Ok I got my F-86 today! Questions for members who have gotten theirs...

1) Mine came with the box, and 2 small foam blocks, one side supporting the forward fuselage and part of the wing and the other foam piece holding the rear tailplane and wing.

I thought I saw a picture with a complete foam brick surrounding the entire fuselage and wing?

2) There was no plastic wrap or tissue paper surounding the pieces. My diecast cars come with tissue when packed in foam.

3) On the wing section there looked like globs of superglue residue.

Is this typical or was mine some showpiece and slapped back in the box for orders?

4) I would recommend to Jason(?) that the packing department put an extra piece of cardboard on top of the artwork box so not to cut it :x while opening the shipping box with a knife. Or use a stamp "warning"

Dave

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:32 pm

Dave:
I don't have an answer concerning seeing a picture of a full foam insert to hold the plane, but mine we the same as yours. Yes, being cautious of openning the outer box is really needed. Not being a box collector, my inner boxes still had corner crunching problems and there could have been better handling of the insides (contents). I did not have "super glue" but the occasional rubbing of parts. There needs to be a better solution to keep parts serarated. NOT COMPLAINING GUYS.
Overall the plane is fantastic with much WoW Factor..... Great job for Admiral's first attempt.
JOC

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:56 pm

Same with the packing on mine. I deffinitely agree with the need for tissue paper or celophane surrounding the parts that are in contact with the foam, as I had some rubbing paint damage on the nose of my aircraft. I was fortunantly able to fix it though :) Securing some of the loose parts, such as the canopy and seatbelt piece and putting them in a protective bag would also be necessary in my opinion. Overall, however, the F-86 is awesome, and it was cool not having to untie a bunch of wire twist-ties :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:11 pm

I got mine to day and this thing is great. The detail and paint scheme are NICE. The only thing I must be honest about is the pilot; he is not that great. I did like how his oxygen mask is connected to this flight suit. Anyone else likes or dislikes on the pilot? With that said the AC makes up for the pilot, and I love! Packaging in mine I thought was fine nothing was loose. Was it ever stated for sure how many of these AC will be produced? Anyway, Jason great job on the plane! Cannot wait for the 262 to come out! I will be buying three of them for sure!!!
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:33 pm

I just got my F-86 in. It is a great looking plane. It really captures the look of the F-86. Both of the large doors on the main gear were broken in the box. The little pins on both ends of the doors were broken, and I found one door loose in the box. Both of the drop tanks were not put together well. One has a huge gap in it, and I sent an email to Admiral requesting a couple of tanks and gear doors. I think the plane could be better packed. Mine looks like it took some licks in transit. These are small problems, it is a beautiful model. :D
Paul Hebert

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:37 pm

I put my F-104 pilot in the F-86. He looks great in the Sabre.
Paul Hebert

lsc1002
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by lsc1002 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:47 pm

Sabrefan, good call. I am going to do the same I believe
"Tigers!?.....Where did the Tigers come from!?!"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

I did that as well with a spare F-104 pilot I obtained from my local Hobbytown store. I painted the yellow visor white and put BBI goggles on the helmet to give it a more accurate, early 1950s, look. Putting the pilot on its parachute in the seat makes the figure sit up higher - and you can still get the seatbelt around. This arrangement with the F-104 pilot looks much better! Here's a photo of what I did:

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hummm

Post by eddie372 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:24 am

That is impressive Tman. Congratulations on a job well done.

Ed

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hummmm

Post by eddie372 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:39 pm

Now, is it me, or is this thread a lot quieter than I expected it to be? Has anyone else ordered/ received their F-86s? Mine still on the dinning room table, where I can keep a close eye and continue to admire until the wife says is time for it to go "flying".

Eddie