Indiana Jones 1/18 items this year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Well since I'm a day ahead here in NZ I got to beat you all to the first legit store purchase of Indy stuff :lol: . The truck is very cool!

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

truck

Post by digger » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:52 pm

Cool! I thought I didn't want the truck as it was just like the last one but it looks pretty good there. If XD weren't a bit overscale it would be even better. Thanks for the pics.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 01, 2008 4:47 am

truck looks better than i thought it would be.....the dark grey is a good shade. Well worth getting.

The motorcycle is a bit of a disappointment though, with the wide wheels and oversize. I'll probably pass on it but will get the sidecar combo when it comes out and rework it with new wheels and add some more scale details to it. The cloth coat on the rider looks like it was made by my 5 year old niece. :?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu May 01, 2008 5:00 am

Tankduel, good for you!.....your the first one on the block to get the new Indy truck.
Great pics, I think I'll try and get one today.
Digger, glad you got the camera working. The bike and rider look good...the plastic and cloth Great Coat needs some work. Maybe if I take the lower half of a 21st open Great Coat from say a DAK fig and..... I'm getting ahead of myself, first I've got to find this fig. :wink: Thanks for the pics guys.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu May 01, 2008 5:21 am

Yep, ya beat me on it :oops:
Mine should be here in the mail this afternoon :) But it is the first of a few ;) Chevrons for the doors would be nice ;) I've received the 2 pak of soldiers and will do a review on them in just a bit, gotta have that first of the mornin' Java ya knows :P Looks cool, but you didn't show us how well the soldiers fit/not fit in the back :shock: I will have that shot later too 8) Da General

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 am

Picked up the Truck, Indy with Horse and the Motorcycle today...It is nice to have some new 1:18th scaled stuff.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 01, 2008 9:45 am

As usual, all the new stuff showing up in that central portion of the US :wink: I'm hoping the wait in the west won't be too long this time around. I got excited the other day upon encountering several boxes labeled "Hasbro Action Figures" at a local Wal Mart, but it turned out they were all Ironman figures :?

Still, thanks to digger and tankduel for posting the pictures of the motorcycle and truck! I will definitely get both if and when the chance arises, and the truck looks great :D
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:22 am

tmanthegreat wrote:As usual, all the new stuff showing up in that central portion of the US :wink: I'm hoping the wait in the west won't be too long this time around. I got excited the other day upon encountering several boxes labeled "Hasbro Action Figures" at a local Wal Mart, but it turned out they were all Ironman figures :?

Still, thanks to digger and tankduel for posting the pictures of the motorcycle and truck! I will definitely get both if and when the chance arises, and the truck looks great :D
The street date is today, May 1. So, you should be able to to walk into any store and find them. Although, 3 Targets I stopped by on my way to work had nothing, only one was even making shelf space. TRU and Wal-mart did have them stocked though.

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Indian Jones

Post by Rylau » Thu May 01, 2008 11:25 am

The Target in Hackensack N.J. and the TRU on Rt. 4 in Paramus had nothing at all for indie today.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu May 01, 2008 11:46 am

Same thing down here i went to 3 targets and one wm nothing :(
i asked at target they said tomorrow, did find some fov germans :)

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu May 01, 2008 11:52 am

The truck looks really cool but what kind of truck is it supposed to be? The motorcycle looks good from the side except for that gaping hole but from the front it looks very clunky. I wonder if it could be dressed up with parts from another 1/18 motorcycle (maybe the Maisto 1942 Harley) to make it look more realistic?

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu May 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Bremerton WA Wally world has the indie stuff saw the truck and car one each well one car is left :wink: . No motorcyles there at the time i was there lots of figures picked up the Indiana johns Raiders of the lost ark one with him holding the golden idol.
Could not think of anything to put here.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu May 01, 2008 12:18 pm

The new site is up.

http://www.hasbro.com/indianajones/

the Jungle Cutter looks cool.

I wonder if they are going to make a Short Round Figure?

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu May 01, 2008 12:43 pm

Well, it looks like we will finally get some Russian soldiers :P
But they look more modern than WWII :( I bet they could be "doctored" up a bit ;)

I got my first truck today 8)
Just working on putting a chevron on each door :)

General Blasto

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 01, 2008 12:48 pm

never mind that....i've finally got a sean connery figure to captain my 1/18 Typhoon submarine.. :P

The only thing not wwii looking about the russian soldier is his gun....need to find a ready source of ppsh's. Marauder to the rescue?

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Thu May 01, 2008 1:00 pm

Always worth a try Capt. ;)

Da General

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by 75th Ranger » Thu May 01, 2008 1:57 pm

russians, females, and a whole lot od variety...cool stuff!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 01, 2008 2:04 pm

pcb122605 wrote:The street date is today, May 1. So, you should be able to to walk into any store and find them.
Well, lo and behold, that's exactly what happened 8)

Decided to stop by a local Wal Mart on my lunch break, and found the whole untouched section of newly stocked Indiana Jones figures and accessories. Sort of like a dream... and no, this sort of thing does not happen to me often!

Got the truck, the motorcycle, the carded Indy figure from Raiders of the Lost Ark, Col. Dovchenko from Crystal Skull (finally a decent 1:18 Russian figure :D ) plus the inaccurate German soldier to use as a Russian. I will go back in a few hours to get the Indy & Horse set if it is still there. The other figures look great, especially the "ethnic" ones like the Arabs, and the "Mayan" native warrior. Lots of potential for customs, diorama characters, and the like. While they might fly off the shelves at the moment, I'm sure many of these will become peg warmers so I'll get them then :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu May 01, 2008 2:14 pm

oh, i didn't think the crystal skull figures would be out yet......gonna have to pick up a boat load of russian figures. I've got a couple of 1/16 PPSH's from dragon, after that i don't know what i'm going to do though.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu May 01, 2008 4:48 pm

I grabbed the monkey man tonight. Passed on everything else till I determine what the best deal is. Some tool had already bought all the German and Marion 2-packs which was annoying. I grabbed the monkey man because he's cool and has a monkey. Lacking knee joints on him sucks though, and the robes don't inhibit the knees much so it's real annoying.

The monkey is cool.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu May 01, 2008 4:53 pm

aferguson wrote:The only thing not wwii looking about the russian soldier is his gun....need to find a ready source of ppsh's. Marauder to the rescue?
Amen to that... A nagant and PPSH would be ideal right now.

I saw the Russians and they're outstanding looking. SOme headswapping and finding a decent helmet would be nice too. Add some bedrolls and you're really set with some great figures I think.

The Germans are nice too... They're good filler and again some headswaps wouldn't hurt with them. Mix things up and they'll be even better I think.

KotCS figures are wave 2 and 3 revision cases showing up too and that's great news. Nobody was really sure what was going to be out immediately but it seems like both wave 1 and 2 are out, and that's just the right mix. I hope to get about 3 German trucks though. That's one outstanding vehicle. I'd like a few of the German 4WD as well. That pic with the truck towing the PAK is great.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Thu May 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Just a FYI if you go to the site linked. Don't read the product descriptions if you hate plot spoilers :roll: <hates spoilers. Now i know what happens to the jungle cutter thingy in the movie. :cry:
Could not think of anything to put here.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu May 01, 2008 6:23 pm

I went to a local TRU today looking for the Indy stuff and couldn't find any..........then I see these two guy's with a shopping cart full of figures and trucks. One guy is on a cell phone asking whoever what they wanted.... "oh ya I got it right here" :twisted: By the time I found it there wasn't much left. I got two German bikers and an Indy Figure of some kind....not the one I wanted.
Then went to 3 (YES 3) Targets.....as of today all they had was Indiana Jones Lago :roll: .
Walmart.......... :lol: don't even go (at least for a week) ...Indiana Jones uh its over in the DVD's. :roll: What an afternoon.
Hope the rest of you have better luck.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu May 01, 2008 6:46 pm

normandy wrote:I went to a local TRU today looking for the Indy stuff and couldn't find any..........then I see these two guy's with a shopping cart full of figures and trucks. One guy is on a cell phone asking whoever what they wanted.... "oh ya I got it right here" :twisted: By the time I found it there wasn't much left. I got two German bikers and an Indy Figure of some kind....not the one I wanted.
Then went to 3 (YES 3) Targets.....as of today all they had was Indiana Jones Lago :roll: .
Walmart.......... :lol: don't even go (at least for a week) ...Indiana Jones uh its over in the DVD's. :roll: What an afternoon.
Hope the rest of you have better luck.
The same thing happened to me 3 targets and nothing :(

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Walmart is Wacked! Duh!
I went to four this morning and only one had anything out. There were boxes of Indy stuff in the walkway, some of the figures were unpacked and the boxes labled "Vehicle" were not open. So, I decided to give them a chance to stock the shelves. Went back in the evening and everything was gone. No Indy stuff, no boxes, no trace they were even there. They must have put them back in the warehouse! But they did have Indy M & M's.
You have now entered the "Twilight Zone!"

Stopped at a TRU also on the way and Nadda! Nuttin! Nix! Not even the lego stuff!

One Toy Clerk at one of the Walmarts told me she was the only one there and she would put the stuff out this weekend!
Oh yeh, and it WAS the same WM that I returned to in the evening that had the stuff out in the morning! I know I am old and sometimes dress funny, and misplace my ride but that is because I don't always remember which vehicle I drove that morning! :roll:
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"