BBI at Target

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Wow, great deal on the helos!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:20 pm

Holy crap!

It looks like it's time to start making regular Target runs! The helo prices blows me away, and I haven't seen a deal like that on the M1 since I got mine at TRU on clearance for 1/2 price. Someone at Target knows how to play hardball when negotiating prices (maybe they hired William Shatner and he threatened to sit on them?).
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 pm

I'm not really a modern collector, but I just might have to pick up the Apache if I can get it for $30.

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:48 pm

Hopefully they will get the Little Bird too. I only bought one @ 20$ and I wish I had got at least a couple more.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:55 pm

Wow! Time to start checking Target! The prices are unbelievable - $30 for an Apache or Blackhawk and $25 for an Abrams is insane :shock: Not even Wal Mart offers that good of a deal at regular retail.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:55 pm

WOW!!

Definitely going to have to pick up another Blackhawk for that great price... :D Unbelievable.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:56 pm

I'm not much of a copter guy but at those prices I've got to snag an Apache.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:01 pm

I actually feel a little sick... I bought my Apache about 6 months ago for $60 and a Blackhawk a year ago for the same price, and now they're going for half that! Then again, back then I didn't know this stuff was even going to be at Target :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jeff Cope
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jeff Cope » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:08 pm

I can't tell from the names, but are those new figures or have they been released before?

Jeff

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:50 pm

I went to SuperTarget today. Not a one BBI thing there.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:49 pm

I was at a LI Target Sunday, can you guess the result? :lol:
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:52 pm

No luck at the Targets I visited today in Northern CA. :( :( :(

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:25 pm

Nice thing about Target is the DPCI trick... Find out what the DPCI #'s are for BBI figures/vehicles and you can track them on their scanners in-store to see if any are in-stock and not out on the sales floor.

And man those prices are out-friggin'-standing. I'm down for an Abrahams at that price and honestly I'll buy almost anything else too even for the customizing potential at those prices. Now just to track some DPCI's.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:02 am

i gather all the paint schemes are the same as they've always been? No repaints on any of the vehicles?

The planes are not scheduled to be stocked by Target.

Super duper prices to be sure. Hopefully it will bring more people into the 1/18 fold, thereby increasing demand, thereby increasing product output. Modern equipment is too neglected.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:55 am

For aferguson:

I saw no new paint schemes. All items had the same paint jobs as before.

JL
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

digger

bbi

Post by digger » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:18 am

JohnLumley wrote:NEWS FLASH.............................
Figures:

All figs were priced at $4.99

Item # 21713 "Jackson"
Item # 21714 "Hanson"
Item # 21715 "Rooney"
Item # 21716 "Harris"
Item # 21717 "Marvin Martinez"
Item # 21718 "William Thomas"

Item # 21177 Point Man
Item # 21178 Machine Gunner

Other bbi figs on the pegs were the modern paratroopers item # 21694 thru 21699.

I have already seen all these figs at Toys "R" Us.

That is all for now. I will check in again if I find any new items there.
John L.
John, thanks for the great recon.

#13 - #18 are the latest assortment that went to tru (but do include 2 WWII which is good to know). The paras are the 2 modern and 4 WWII which last went to TRU (also good to see WWII creeping in there). The other 2 guys are older USMC figs. Sadness about the lack of new figs is offset by the great prices on the vehicles.

Jeff Cope
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jeff Cope » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:47 am

Dang it!

I thought we'd be seeing those new modern figures...the ones in the pics that surfaced some months back!

Very, very disappointing!

(I'm more a figure guy than vehicle guy)

Jeff

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 am

WOW those prices are brilliant!! $30 for the blackhawk is amazing! are the boxes any different? it's a shame the figs aren't new and the vehicles aren't repainted but at these prices i'd go for another black hawk and lav and i'm hoping the new figs will turn up at TRU or Target soon!
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:05 am

No disappointments here. $30 bucks for a Blackhawk that I sold a few months ago loose for $100!!!!! I will definitely be buying some modern stuff again!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:15 am

For scope uk:

The Blackhawk, Apache, M1A1 & L.A.V. boxes have new artwork similar to the little bird night stalker box.

JL
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

rvlyssup
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by rvlyssup » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:09 pm

Jesse James wrote:Nice thing about Target is the DPCI trick... Find out what the DPCI #'s are for BBI figures/vehicles and you can track them on their scanners in-store to see if any are in-stock and not out on the sales floor.
And the way to do this is to manually enter the DPCI #s into the price scanner / checker. Surprising what that red gadget is capable off. Your only obstacle is to have someone pull it out. The problem is people get fired for doing that especially if item(s) are not yet set up for display. There are some of us that watch out for things like that. :twisted: Also keep in mind that any new stores opening will have new plano items in which the current stores will need to play catch up. But don't worry, the stuff will hit and there will be a lot for everyone. Reason for the good prices is keeping in mind that these items are probably overstock from what TRU could not buy anymore to sell and make a profit on...lucky for all of the ones that did not pay higher prices.
Stang...Gun...Vag Nut.

Plane Nuts
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Plane Nuts » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:12 pm

John,

What is the planogram for these items? Are they next to GI Joes and other action figures or on the vehicles isle? I am curious to see how these fit with the other pieces.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:42 pm

The problem is people get fired for doing that especially if item(s) are not yet set up for display.
Uhm, well I have friends at Target Corporate in MN, and while Target does institute a store-by-store decision (not corporate-wide) on whether or not items will be "pulled" from the back room for someone asking, I've never heard of any employee being fired for pulling items... I have seen instances where employees are instructed by store managers NOT to pull items for customers, but it's usually relegated to collectibles/toys only and it's a (very lame) attempt at curtailing people from taking everything they get for exclusives and whatnot.

I've encountered that very limited though within the circle I travel of about 6 Target stores in the area. Only two maybe actually have tried to implement this "code". And actually it's mostly pertaining to stock personnel at the store, not customer service, so you can still get denied by a stockboy and ask a CR to pull something for you and get it so long as it's in stock.

Speaking from my past retailing management time, the firing of employees isn't something most stores do for something petty... So I think a lot of that is just heresay from a stockboy who is giving excuses so he/she doesn't have to go back and pick up something for someone asking for it, nothing more or less there. I get things pulled from the back on an almost monthly basis and very often it's prior to the item having a spot on the floor too. MOre often than not actually since it's usually something brand new for Star Wars.

Now it'll just be BBi too. ;)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:04 am

Hey John L.-

The Blackhawk you scored at Target...... was it the S1 O.D. version or the S2 camo Pavehawk?

Thanks!!!

-Rob