21st is back into TRU

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by EnemyAce » Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:41 pm

A few years ago tru was sold after they nearly went bankrupt. All new management, all new policies. Sounds like the new guys are more interested in profits than the overwrought blatherings of the pc brigade. I'd suggest everyone here take a moment to write/email TRU to thank them for carrying our favorite products. Before the Anti-Demfamation League does again. :roll: :x

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:55 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Yeah, the good old days, me tipped off that a TRU near me had a line of ten 1/6 Command Cars for clearamce prices of $50. Boxes were trashed but vehicles were intact. I could only buy four.....

Scouting an old TRU in Jersey City (the old TRU's always were the best) and I find 1/18 Command Cars for $2.50 each. I cleaned their shelves of they all. Was I too proud to go to checkout with my cart overflowing with XD.......heck no.......after all I did leave one :wink:

Can't wait.......never liked Wally anyway, at least now we have some other source. for XD,,,,,,..

TTT
I've got all four of the 1:18 playsets from TRU - the boxes for the fountain, bombed building and barn are marked $4.90; the farmhouse is $9.50 :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:41 am

This sounds like good news to me!! glad to hear 1:18 is spreading out!! :D
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:43 am

I was at the TRU in Huntington on Sat and saw a FOV King Tiger. :) There is hope.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:18 am

Granted, if it wasn't for the Walmart arrangement, I wonder if 21C would still be around. But, after yesterday, I can't wait. I take the kids to TRU - nice, quiet relaxing, which it usually is except for Nov and Dec when we get the mass influx of Christmas shoppers up from the border. Walmart - OMG what a nightmare. Not an exageration, I'm amazed I made it out of there with both my knees, sanity, and car intact.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:31 am

Hey 21st, and TRU, Hows about some more playsets pllllllleeeeaaaasssseeeee, :D :D :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

MandaloreSC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by MandaloreSC » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:59 am

When I think back, TRU started to have trouble with XD during the BoB line. The german troops of this wave had swastikas on their helmets, while the first wave german just had simple crosses. Maybe that was one of the reasons some "Soccer Moms" went mad. If TRU really will carry german figures and vehicles, 21st should paint the crosses on the helmets. Maybe this would help. I really would prefer those crosses too, because swastikas are striktly forbidden in germany and I don't want to have any trouble when I have some figs in the mail.

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:34 am

One solution to the problem is just put them in the package as decals/accessories to apply when you get them home. 8) If the soccer moms don't see em they can't raise hell. :? Sarge

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:15 am

I cant' tell you how many times I have walked up to the checkout lines at WM to see people fighting for lines - 30-40 people trying to get into two lines when suddenly the lady says this lane is closed - down to one line - I usually walk my items up and ask them to put it up for me as I'm not waiting thirty minutes for a checkout.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:25 am

I hope this works out. If the PC Gestapo ruin this I will go beserk. :shock:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:57 am

Rowsdower, You, the Kitty and Admiral Ackbar.............. man they don't stand a chance! go get em.... :lol:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:39 pm

normandy wrote:Rowsdower, You, the Kitty and Admiral Ackbar.............. man they don't stand a chance! go get em.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: It's a trap! :shock:

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jun 17, 2007 2:10 pm

Well with any luck we'll see some axis stuff at TRU.... We just won't let know it's German. :shock: :P :!:

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:39 pm

tko211 wrote:I am looking into that question as we speak. Here is what I know. 21st wanted to delay the news till the deal was concrete, and then 21st wanted to wait to announce once the first order had shipped... So I know that the deal is concrete. What I don't know yet, is if this is the signal that the first orders have already shipped or are about to ship to TRU.

I suspect that we will be seeing product much sooner than later! Before everyone starts filling up the gas tanks and plotting new routes into GPS. Let me ask the question. Again, I do suspect that the answer will be that the first order has shipped...

I can't wait to add TRU to my route!

-TKO
I work part time at TRU. Checked the computer yesterday, nothing in the system yet. Usually an item is listed in the computer long before it arrives, even at the warehouse.

Ray

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Ray:

You would do all of us a big favor, if you could keep an eye on the TRU puter once and a while and let us know when you see any 21C or Motorworks pieces.

If you can, of course.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

GIToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by GIToys » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:51 pm

What great memories of loading up my shopping card with XD figs, planes, and armor back in the day!
--gitoys

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:17 pm

STUKA wrote:I cant' tell you how many times I have walked up to the checkout lines at WM to see people fighting for lines - 30-40 people trying to get into two lines when suddenly the lady says this lane is closed - down to one line - I usually walk my items up and ask them to put it up for me as I'm not waiting thirty minutes for a checkout.
Go to the garden check out or the sporting goods also sometimes the car service will check you out no waiting. Of course I do this with XD only no grocerys. :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:20 pm

rmoore456 wrote:
tko211 wrote:I am looking into that question as we speak. Here is what I know. 21st wanted to delay the news till the deal was concrete, and then 21st wanted to wait to announce once the first order had shipped... So I know that the deal is concrete. What I don't know yet, is if this is the signal that the first orders have already shipped or are about to ship to TRU.

I suspect that we will be seeing product much sooner than later! Before everyone starts filling up the gas tanks and plotting new routes into GPS. Let me ask the question. Again, I do suspect that the answer will be that the first order has shipped...

I can't wait to add TRU to my route!

-TKO
I work part time at TRU. Checked the computer yesterday, nothing in the system yet. Usually an item is listed in the computer long before it arrives, even at the warehouse.

Ray
Hey Ray,
You are the inside man. Baby you are on the team and the first batter up. With your inside intel you could help us all out. All eyes are on you (mine anyway)
Matthew
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:35 pm

pickelhaube wrote:
STUKA wrote:I cant' tell you how many times I have walked up to the checkout lines at WM to see people fighting for lines - 30-40 people trying to get into two lines when suddenly the lady says this lane is closed - down to one line - I usually walk my items up and ask them to put it up for me as I'm not waiting thirty minutes for a checkout.
Go to the garden check out or the sporting goods also sometimes the car service will check you out no waiting. Of course I do this with XD only no grocerys. :D
I do that as well - it is the last night runs that get me. er (runs to WM that is)

catman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by catman » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:33 pm

ah this is pretty good news. all the Walmarts here have stuff that was old a year ago!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:05 pm

This is good news... was hoping it was Target personally, but TRU is a step in the right direction. Now the big red bullseye needs on the bandwagon so it's the trifecta that SW collectors look through. Be ideal for me. ;)

Definitely a positive to have any XD at TRU... Always good when we get competition.

I just hope it means XD and BBI too (Are they bailing on them now is the question?) are a little easier to find for everyone.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:46 am

Well, it seems that if 21C would make more modern stuff, then perhaps, Target would pick them up.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:34 am

With regard to the checkout lines at WM, some of the WM's in my area have "Self-Checkout" machines. Most people don't use them in my area so I just zip through the checkout lines using these self-checkout machines. I wish all the WM's would have them.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:37 am

immeww2 wrote:With regard to the checkout lines at WM, some of the WM's in my area have "Self-Checkout" machines. Most people don't use them in my area so I just zip through the checkout lines using these self-checkout machines. I wish all the WM's would have them.
Same here, I always use them. Most people are afraid of them so theres usually little or no wait. 8)

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:12 pm

the self checkout lanes are great when they are open. Usually between 10:00PM and 11:00PM they are closed until after mindnight - or later. Much later.