Merit Mustangs and Messerschmitts

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Merit Mustangs and Messerschmitts

Post by vmf214 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:08 pm

Anyone get any of these? I just recv'd the Eagleston Mustang and Hartmann 109 and am fairly impressed. I've always been a fan of 1/24 models. The boxes are pretty cool and they come assembled ready to display. Remind me of an old Cox gasplane from the 70's the way they're boxed. Guess will have to get the other 2 in the series, for $44.95 a pop, they ain't all bad. :D

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:11 pm

Got any pictures? :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:35 pm

I had the Eagleston Mustang but sold it at a hobby gathering I go to. I was very impressed with it but it just didnt fit in with the rest of my planes. But yes they are very nice indeed.

:D
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:58 pm

My local Hobbytown has both of the Merit P-51s and the Bf-109s. They look awesome as far as detail and paintschems are concerned, even more so as they sit right next to the XD planes and can be compared next to their 1:18 equilivants. (21c planes would look awesome with proper weathering!) I would be all over the the Merit aircraft - if only they had a pilot figure :wink:

Anyone know where one can find a 1:24 scale pilot?
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:52 pm

I have the Hartmann 109 and it is nice, but just as with Mighty Mustang, I will probably be parting with mine due to "off scale".. I did have to do some mods to mine though, which included using metal gun barrels in the 20mm gunpods, adjusting and correcting the canopy, adding an arial wire and adding exhaust stains.. It looks SO much better now.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:34 pm

It would really be nice to see a Hurricane out of them or another plane. They're allegedly limited runs of 1500 pcs or so the box says. Curious to see if any further releases are forthcoming.

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:18 pm

Hi all,

Got a couple of questions about these birds. How durable are they & how well do they compare detail wise, with 21CT, AT & BBI ? (I know they're of a different scale but was just curious about the level of detail. TIA! :D

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

cool plane

Post by supersonicfifi » Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:09 am

i will try to post some pictures of my P51 collection (i've got 15 mustang from1/72 to 1/18 from a lot of brands including the merit eaglestone 1/24 one !

I must say that i'ts a cool model very light but very accurate the finish is beautifull you can open the canopy an the tires are in rubber of some sort !

there is no moveable surfaces but i consider this as one of the most beutiful model of my collection ...

if you are a MUSTANG fan like me ! go for it with closed eyes !!!!!!!!

Philippe :)

the only drawback on my model are the slightly pinched wheels like a beginner skier but apprt that it's ok !!!!!!!
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 am

buzzard wrote:Hi all,

Got a couple of questions about these birds. How durable are they & how well do they compare detail wise, with 21CT, AT & BBI ? (I know they're of a different scale but was just curious about the level of detail. TIA! :D
The level of detail is very good even though its missing the cockpit instrument panel. Also WW 2 Mustangs did not carry rockets in the European theater. Other then that they are very well detailed. For those that dont know the Merit Mustangs are the 1/24th Mustangs produced by Trumpeter Models.
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:18 am

Many thanx for the info Phil & MM. Much appreciated.

BTW, how rugged is the construction of these birds ie are they made of the same hard plastic BBI uses for its a/c? Was wondering if they can be'hand-flown' and still remain intact if dropped accidentally.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:31 am

buzzard wrote:Many thanx for the info Phil & MM. Much appreciated.

BTW, how rugged is the construction of these birds ie are they made of the same hard plastic BBI uses for its a/c? Was wondering if they can be'hand-flown' and still remain intact if dropped accidentally.

I'd say not as durable, as MM stated they're basically prebuilt Trumpeter model kits, kinda like the MRC 1/72 line (which is also awesome!). :D

buzzard
Corporal
Corporal

Post by buzzard » Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:48 am

Noted. Thanks very much! Seen MRC stuff before, can live with that.