Poll: What is the next most important piece of 1/18 armour?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Poll: What is the next most important piece of 1/18 armour?

8 ton prime mover (sdkfz 7, for towing the 88)
20%
Stug
14%
Panzer III
5%
Russian T-34
40%
Priest
9%
Pershing
8%
Sherman Firefly
5%

Total votes: 65

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

modern armor

Post by digger » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:03 am

I would love a warrior, but we did also get the M2, the Buggy, the NSTV, various humvees...
I think Brit armor in 1:18 scale is a real tall order all things considered (tooling cost, recognition in the States, few if any troops...).

As for WWII US armor, I think the Pershing is a waste of time - barely used, not that interesting. I'd rather the Stuart be on the list. And a tank destroyer would be more fun than the Priest IMO, and a firefly isn't too exciting either.. :roll:

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:19 am

Well I'd take a Lee/Grant in place of the Pershing. Not the best tank but it has a unique look and got a decent amount of use by the UK and US forces in North Africa. I guess some people would think the basic chassis/suspension was too similar to the Sherman.
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:36 pm

Well, as we know, modern armour didn't sell very well, which is why there hasn't been any follow up made of it. Which is why it's not on the poll. I'd like some more too, but those are the facts.

British armour has little chance of ever being made. It's taken almost 7 years to get a King Tiger, which i think is undeniably far more popular than a Matilda or Churchill, which is why there is no British armour on the list, save the Firefly, which was a very effective vehicle and arguably one of the very top sherman variants.

Pershing is on the list because it is a 'big american tank' and people who buy tanks at WM are more likely to want a 'big american tank' than something else, like a Stuart. It's also one of the few pieces of allied armour you can name that could take on the big german tanks head to head. The poll isn't a list of tanks in order of historical importance.

The Priest is very recognizable and has a pretty big gun on it...so that's why it's there and not a tank destroyer.

You're preaching to the choir here guys. I want all kinds of armour too. The poll is just to get a sense of what people would like to see NEXT and to keep hammering 21c over the head with the T-34, which i knew would win the poll hands down. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:42 pm

The Stuart will sell like hot cakes. :D The Honey M3 and M5 in all different kind of paints. :D Maybe not the M3 that was the Euro export.
:?
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:56 pm

I picked the T-34 too.

I had thought we would of seen it before the KT. :roll: (Not complaining.)

mogdog
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mogdog » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:30 am

I'd rather have a recon unit of M8 Greyhounds, M20's, jeeps or a m24

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:15 am

Yeah a Greyhound and a Puma would be sweet. 8)
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:19 pm

I went with the T-34 but would like to see almost as much a M-18.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:00 pm

Oh yeah a Puma! That would be awesome! What doesn't any of the big companies make it or another amored car!??? (besides the 21 C 222)

digger

armor

Post by digger » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:39 pm

Pershing is on the list because it is a 'big american tank' and people who buy tanks at WM are more likely to want a 'big american tank' than something else, like a Stuart. It's also one of the few pieces of allied armour you can name that could take on the big german tanks head to head. The poll isn't a list of tanks in order of historical importance.
Oh, b/c the poll question was What is the next most important piece of 1/18 armor..
If big and American qualify as important then the M-41 release makes good sense...but it still seems curious..
Besides, the Stuart is cool looking, "different" and could be fitted with hedgerow-cutter device 8)