Mission Impossible! Figure Hunt making me crazy!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Rowsdower
Officer - Brigadier General

Mission Impossible! Figure Hunt making me crazy!

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:54 pm

Is everyone having as hard a time as I am locating all the D-Day and Wehrmacht figures? I was somehow lucky enough to find ten, but all I find now are those exact same guys and truckloads of Bulge II.

Maybe these guys are just hard to find? These are the figures I cannot locate:

Jesse "Wildman" James
Kevin "Scribe" Debree
Roger "Tracker" richards
Johnny "Light Fingers" Hodges
Otto Wilndorff
Fritzen Osternoh
And the "mystery" German Artillery Spotter

My walking in and out of WM empty-handed everyday for weeks is begining to make the Grandpas manning the doors nervous. I suppose I will have to result to eBay. I was on there earlier and figures are going for $9.99 a piece! There was also a set with four of the figures I don't have but that was over $30 with shipping. I just don't know what to do, I'm the type of person who must complete a set. :evil: I'm afraid I may go beserk and destroy the entire toy department and have to plead WM induced insanity :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:20 pm

I've noticed over the last few years, toy hunting stinks between January and March. With post-Christmas and Inventory, stores are just too unpredictable. Maybe give yourself a month or two for things to get back to normal.

Last year, I made a conscious effort to see how things played out. April and May was when everything started to show up.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:56 am

I feel your pain, here in ohio I haven't even found not one of the new d-day figs. I think that wallys is prejudice against Ohioians. :( :( :( Iv'e complained on this forum till I have went blue in the face many times. Oh well maybe some day soon I'll get lucky. Good luck on your quest to find the other figs. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:07 am

Didja notice that when you go into as many different WM's as you do, they seem to HAVE the same OTHER toys on their shelves, but no XD. So out of ALL the OTHER toys, makes ya wonder WHY WM's distroobution systems ONLY TARGETS XD an NO OTHER toy... :roll:

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:46 am

holensock wrote:Didja notice that when you go into as many different WM's as you do, they seem to HAVE the same OTHER toys on their shelves, but no XD. So out of ALL the OTHER toys, makes ya wonder WHY WM's distroobution systems ONLY TARGETS XD an NO OTHER toy... :roll:
Probably because the other manufacturers ship by the hundreds of thousands or more vs. 21sts relatively limited production. Plus I am sure that there is a higher comfort level with some stores to carry non-violent toys like WWF and politically correct toys like gangsta/ghetto cars and low-riders. Don't want to stir any prejudicial pots by showing something as politically incorrect as history :roll:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:04 am

Rows, post a WTT/WTB message in the BST forum. List the guys you need and I'm sure someone here can help you out..
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:11 am

FieroDude wrote:
holensock wrote:Didja notice that when you go into as many different WM's as you do, they seem to HAVE the same OTHER toys on their shelves, but no XD. So out of ALL the OTHER toys, makes ya wonder WHY WM's distroobution systems ONLY TARGETS XD an NO OTHER toy... :roll:
Probably because the other manufacturers ship by the hundreds of thousands or more vs. 21sts relatively limited production. Plus I am sure that there is a higher comfort level with some stores to carry non-violent toys like WWF and politically correct toys like gangsta/ghetto cars and low-riders. Don't want to stir any prejudicial pots by showing something as politically incorrect as history :roll:
It IS amazing! I think we should all email 21C and tko and ask them when they meet with WM, to ask WM to carry the 21C line on the WM ONLINE Store! Since WM has distribution problems getting Xd IN STORES, why not SELL XD ONLINE? We can ALL benefit!!

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:48 am

Haven't seen any figures in my AO. Also never saw two of the MIG schemes, the Avenger, or the two 1/32 german trucks. WM is killing me.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:40 am

FieroDude wrote:politically correct toys like gangsta/ghetto cars and low-riders. Don't want to stir any prejudicial pots by showing something as politically incorrect as history :roll:
Lol! :lol: :lol: Man if you knew how many times I've gritted my teeth at the fact that those stupid ghetto mobiles, low-riders, Hondas with giant wings and "Homies" or whatever they call them get a whole damn aisle while we get stuck in a tiny cubby-hole. Last time I was looking, they even sell little N-scale train cars in a package like Hot Wheels that each have different graphiti sprayed on them. Yah lets encourage kids to tag private property! But war toys omg no way junior!! :shock:

Oh well, it's good to vent and I agree with all of you guys.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:03 pm

We are all there in "action figure hell" with you Rowsdower. :wink:

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:30 pm

Yep, we are all feeling your frustration. They are hard to find this time of year.....I would keep checking back. We will start to see more XD popping up in the next couple of weeks I would guess....as we get farther away from the slowness of January. I have found most of the US...not the tracker guy you mentioned and several of the germans....they are harder to find.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

Fitzystigertank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Fitzystigertank » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:03 pm

I went into one of my walmarts today and noticed that they put a red sticker on the price tag for the XD figures with the date 4/1/07. i wanted to ask what it meant but no one was around. so i'll ask next time.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:13 pm

Fitzystigertank wrote:I went into one of my walmarts today and noticed that they put a red sticker on the price tag for the XD figures with the date 4/1/07. i wanted to ask what it meant but no one was around. so i'll ask next time.

Thats an odd one. Maybe someonw here can shed some light on that. Oh well, at least we have our own 1:18 support group here. :lol: :lol:

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:45 pm

Rowsdower:

I managed to find 16 of them by about a week and half ago, but that was after about 6 weeks of absolutely maniacal searching at numerous stores (including obessive repeat visits to the closest WMs). I've stopped for now because it sounds like 17 and 18 (Tracker Richards and the German arty guy) are not actually out yet. If my work didn't take me all over this area then I would not have found half that many. You can see how spend my lunch hours!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:54 pm

Wow Tinman, and I thought I had hit alot of stores! 8)

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:01 pm

It was a matter of motive plus opportunity. But I've burned myself out on checking Wally's for a while. At least until we know that something new has been released!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:10 pm

A couple stores in my area restocked the Wave 1 D-Day figures. I picked up a few more :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:02 pm

Went to another , farther away Wally World today....found 2 new figures.

Otto Wilndorff
Fritzen Osternoh

I had not seen these two yet in any store...so it was a great find for me! Only missing 5 of the new 18 now! Keep looking, I think they are starting to put new stuff out!
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:42 pm

I checked another WM today, another waste of time. Any D-Day or German figures I do find around here are one of the ten I already have. :roll: I don't think I'm going to get my hands on any until I can get them from somone on here. :wink:

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:01 pm

"When in Walmart, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
that is what I do when I cant find anyting. :lol: :lol:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:05 pm

Made a run up to the South Haven WM today to try my luck. I had found a couple D-Day figures there before, so... And hit paydirt!

So after this latest round, the only figures I am still missing from the card back are the Germans Bill Newwnhaus and Hugo Kemnett, and from the unlisted figures, Joachim Wieweitistdas (sounds like a good name for a guy with a range finder--those of you who read German will know what I mean). They had two copies of Wilndorff, and I almost grabbed both, but that damn conscience kicked in and said "someone else may be looking for him too, and there will be time enough to gather duplicates later". I really need to work on that--it's very counterproductive!

I also was surprised to see the carded 1/32 PAK-40, Russians, and Japanese. So hopefully they will start showing up elsewhere around here soon.

I won't say there is hope for the distribution system--South Haven is actually the last place I would look during the winter since it's a tourist town and essentially a ghost town during the winter. And one of the other reasons I went is to get a snow shovel, since mine broke busting plow piles. Of course, a snow shovel is something Walmart did NOT have--but they did have a nice selection of weedeaters and garden cultivators. Silly me--I forgot that it's already spring and I am only hallucinating the 30 inches of white stuff in my yard.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:16 pm

FieroDude wrote:I forgot that it's already spring and I am only hallucinating the 30 inches of white stuff in my yard.
Lmao. That sounds about right. :roll: Seriously though I'm going to go frikken beserk if I don't finish this set soon.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 pm

With all the pain meds I am on, I dont feel the cold, it feels like 60 outside.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:35 pm

VMF115 wrote:"When in Walmart, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout."
that is what I do when I cant find anyting. :lol: :lol:
I will have to try that one out. :shock: