POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:36 pm

I want to put some figures on the external chairs of my new MH-6 little bird...

What are the proper bbi figs to use?

I was thinking #217-16 "Chopper" Harris - Night Stalker

Or perhaps #217-18 William Thomas - Special OPS.

Would these two figs be out of their element riding on the external chairs of the Little Bird?
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:50 pm

JohnLumley wrote:I want to put some figures on the external chairs of my new MH-6 little bird...
What are the proper bbi figs to use?
I was thinking #217-16 "Chopper" Harris - Night Stalker
Or perhaps #217-18 William Thomas - Special OPS.
Would these two figs be out of their element riding on the external chairs of the Little Bird?
I put the "Night Stalker" pilot figures in the cockpit. A bit of a squeeze through the door, but once in, they fit and look great!

As for the passengers, I have customized special ops figures made from parts of the William Thomas figure and others. They don't seem to be that far out of their element! The box picture shows the helo with the old-style figures (the desert pilot and USMC troops) but it seems made for the new special ops figures.

I secured the figures to the bench using some of the black tie-wire that came in abundance in the box. I am assuming that in actuality there would be some sort of safety belt to hold the rider on the bench.

This is yet another great helicopter from BBI!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:52 pm

Sorry to double post, but I have another question.

It looks like there can can be 4-6 passengers riding on the benches, but how many crew figures would there be? I know there is space for a pilot and co-pilot, but would there be a third crewman in the rear compartment to help with the ropedown?

Thanks!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:15 pm

I believe the civilian version (Hughes 500) was designed for 4 occupants.

The civilian version is certified for single pilot operation.

Staying under your maximum gross weight is necessary for vertical take off and vertical landings in zero wind. In zero wind it takes about 20 - 30% more power to hover vs. forward flight.

I would suspect the military version has a higher rated SHP power plant. Especially if they are lifting the pilot plus 4 gunners with all their firepower and ammo.

I bet its one hell of a ride to sit on the benches and fire on ground targets while zipping along at low altitude. What a rush!

The artical below says it can hold up to six men on the benches. Three on each side. Wow! No mention of a co-pilot.

I would guess the max load would be 1 pilot and 6 riders on the benches.

More info from Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hughes_H-6
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:49 pm

Thanks!

digger

new stuff

Post by digger » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:05 pm

New Corsairs and LBs at Times Square TRU. $23 and $45. Grabbed the LB and will go back for the Corsair. When I get my camera back I will post pics of the LB with DF operators on the benches.

EDIT: THIS BIRD IS SO MUCH FUN. MAKES ME WANT A FEW.

The pilot is scary - I hope the new bbi figs don't take after this guy. He is shiny with lousy paint ops. Please do not let this become a trend, I love my bbi figs! Now I need to buy a whole bunch more to bash more Spec Ops until the new guys arrive.. 8)

tmanthegreat

MH-6 Littlebird "Night Stalker" with Figures

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:53 pm

Here's my MH-6 with the figures on the benches. The pilots are the carded "Night Stalker" pilot figure with the soldiers being customs made from parts of the modern Spec. Ops. and Paratrooper carded figures. I simply had to use the new-style BBI figures with the new helicopter! Enjoy :D

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:05 pm

I passed on the LB last week when I picked up the F4U - checked it out tonight - they still had the same four from last week - so ill wait till I get paid tomorrow - I really like it. All the New corsairs are gone - they had three left when I left last week.
Even though I paid full price - it is one of my favorite birds - next to the Avenger.
Last edited by STUKA on Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:34 pm

Found the Daisy June Corsair today in the West Houston area.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:43 pm

3 DJ Corsairs at Pleasanton, CA TRU. $39.99.

The paint blemishes have previously been noted. But I have to say that the silver brush strokes around the cowling hark back clearly to the 21st S-1 Corsair (and gave me a good laugh). Don't get me wrong, the BBI marks are not as bad, but still...a step backward in the weathering department if you ask me.

Overall, though, it's a nice looking plane and if I already did not have 3 Corsairs I'd have bought it.

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:35 pm

Anyone found the ZERO anywhere besides some specialized hobby stores....i have never seen one of these with the p-51's and Corsairs at Toys R Us?
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:07 am

Never seen one since the Zero has come out.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Summer time Hellcats

Post by jhogan » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:49 pm

Hay, Mid Summer for the Hellcats?..............No problem! How long did we wait for a Avengers!

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:12 pm

Does anyone know if bbi is suppose to be at the toy show?I checked the official site for the show and it doesnt mention them.

digger

Re: Summer time Hellcats

Post by digger » Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:01 am

jhogan wrote:Hay, Mid Summer for the Hellcats?..............No problem!..
There is a good chance we will see them before that - after all the new Corsair is at TRU now for $40 but is being sold ar a Pre-order online for $50. So not only might wee see the Hellcat before mid-summer, we might also see it for less..
shadow83 wrote:Does anyone know if bbi is suppose to be at the toy show?I checked the official site for the show and it doesnt mention them.
BBI usually shows privately in the week before the Fair, but Merit will be there:

Company: Merit International
Booth number: 5833
Product Categories:
Action Figures & Accessories
Airplanes & Accessories
Collectibles (not plush)
Model & Hobby Kits

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:00 am

Oh ok thanks digger.I completely forgot to look for merit,oops :lol:

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:40 pm

I finally found them!

But damn BBI, fire your workers, or your shipping company!

The first one I bought had a missing dash, yes, the whole thing, exchanged it for another one, it had a seriously warped right landing skid, and finally, the 3rd one I got is fine.

It's a cute little helicopter, shame you cant attach both the seats and the missle lanchers. (You can, but I would not want to sit that close to a damn missle :lol: )

What are those 2 bazooka looking things? One has a wire attached to it, with some kind of box on the end of the wire.
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:33 pm

The one with the wire is a STINGER and the other is a SMAW,Shoulder-Launched Multipurpose Assault Weapon that is used mostly by the Marines.

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:22 pm

Thanks, do you know if you can mount them on the helicopter, or are they hand held?

I havent found a place for them. :?
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:51 pm

Hand held as far as i know.

digger

Post by digger » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:07 pm

Moth wrote:It's a cute little helicopter, shame you cant attach both the seats and the missle lanchers. (You can, but I would not want to sit that close to a damn missle :lol: )

What are those 2 bazooka looking things? One has a wire attached to it, with some kind of box on the end of the wire.
You would not have the missiles and the benches on the same mission.
The weapons you mention are hand-held, not meant to be mounted.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:48 am

I ran into a bit of a surprise at the Mishawaka TRU yesterday--nothing new, just one lonely Daisy June Corsair (same paint smeared one as last time), but they had actually moved a batch of Old Crow Mustangs and several 1/6 bbi figures to what I consider the "showcase" area near the front entrance. No special pricing, just what seems to be a premium display area, with room left around them for more stuff. Maybe TRU is getting ready to showcase something new and wants to make space for related themed items? It sure beats having it stashed in the back corner like it usually is.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:14 pm

Ive been noticing at the local toysrus that they are expanding there sections for elite force.Someone else mentioned this also I believe.Could this mean we will see new stuff soon :o .They still dont have a lot but a few weeks ago they only had 2 pegs for figures and one little spot on the shelf,now they have 9 pegs and 3 shelfs that are almost empty but have little birds and mustangs.I hope this a sign.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:06 pm

Hmm, word of this "expansion" doesn't seem to the reached north Central FL TRU's. :evil: There is diddly in mine except for the usual assortment of old figures and Old Crows!! I think they must be taking business classes conducted by WM!
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.