TBF-1 AVENGER 49.99!!!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:41 pm

blurx7 wrote: Damn! This thing is huge!
And one of my coworkers wonders why I glare at him when he says that I need to get 3 more and recreate Flight 19 in formation in my office at work!
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:23 am

How about "Torpedo 8" and turn your desk into a flattop! :lol:

No wait! :idea:

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by wise690 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:19 pm

Picked one up today for $25. I'm really impressed; 21st put a lot of work into this thing. I had read before that some of the screws were uncovered, my model has them capped. I guess 21st is now correcting minor issues.
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:56 am

Jagdflieger wrote:Wal Mart in Sierra Vista, AZ has about 20 Avengers priced at $35.
I picked one up and will monitor how the prices go. Kept my receipt so I will return the $35 one if they drop significantly lower.

I think these didn't sell too well because the opening price of $69.99 was too steep for non collectors.
+1 to the 35$ TBMs

Coreyeagle48

Avengers

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

Had to share this experience as well.

I went to a hockey game in the city of Reading the other evening and I needed something at Walmart. There are several Walmarts closer to my house than this one but this particular Walmart is right on the way to the arena so we stopped there to get the things we needed simply to save some gas and a trip. I wandered through the toy section just to see what XD they had since I never get to this store.

They must have had 20 to 30 Avengers sitting on the top shelf, all looking good in their boxes, ready to go. I do not know if they were clearenced but will assume they were since they have been everywhere else.

This really puzzles me and shows how screwed up and twisted Walmart is with this stuff. The store near me and about 45 minutes away from this store got nothing, whereas this store on the main drag in Reading which is kind of a poor population got lots of these buggers and it appears they didn't sell any of them. The big thing is, if Walmart would even up their shipments, maybe they would have sold more of them. It's just a thought.

As much as we love the Avenger, I must say Walmart's sales tactics in selling them may have been a bust.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 pm

Yea I just found 11+ Mig 15 at a newer WM in a rougher area of town where you wouldnt expect people buying $40 buck planes. It is a funny location for a WM being there are two others within 10 miles.
Funny place atlanta
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.