a bit oversized...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

a bit oversized...

Post by alf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:08 pm

I found "bruder" products (a linde and containers) that I think could work with bbi and xd even if it is 1/16.

What do you think of this, too big ? (yes it's the PTE humvee for reference)

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:57 pm

The pictures are dark, but are you wondering if the containers are scale or the forklift? The lift looks good and I would thing any shape/size container would work of any scale. Those overseas containers are in real life many different sizes for different things, so they look good too.
momaw nadon

shadow83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by shadow83 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:10 pm

The containers seem a bit to tall but other than that they seem to work pretty well.

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:11 pm

I think the containers look cool! i am going to have to keep my eye out for them :) have you painted them or is that the colour they come in? did you get the lorry too and how much did they cost?
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:39 pm

I say any question on scale depends how picky you are. Honestly, both seems a little oversized in the picture. Cargo containers may vary in length, but not height. But, if you like them, don't worry about it. I don't worry about the scale too much, as long as it looks good to me.

Speaking of Brueder, I've been waiting for TJ Maxx to get them, since they have the last 2 christmases. Watch them not get them this year. They advertise they are 1/16, but the truck cab interiors and figures they come with are more like 1:22.5. Also, if you want to go the other end of the scale spectrum, there is a 1:20 toyota forklift that is showing up on eBay now that looks absolutely incredile.

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by alf » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:51 pm

hi,

first sorry for the poor quality of the pics. Yeah I was talking of the size of the containers and the forklift: the two are 1/16.

the containers look a little tall from my point of view too, but I'm not expert and if it seems ok for everyones... :)

I painted them, originally they come in blue (see the box), and no I don't have the lorry. I bought the container 13euro each on ebay.de I don't think it's a good deal, but I only found them there...

If you are interested the reference of these are "Bruder / Container - Wechselbrucke / 03910" and take care not to take the 03900 instead (the opened version you can see on the box) it's the same box, only a sticker make the difference.
Last edited by alf on Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:56 pm

i remember a year ago i bought a bruder Caterpillar D9, i was going to make it into an IDF Caterpillar that you see on tv driving, through buildings etc. Monster machines. I was under the impression that bruder stuff was 1/20, not 1/16 but maybe they make both. Anyway, the D9 was about 1/20 scale, a bit bigger actually, and will look very cool with an armoured cab and IDF sand grey paint job.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Gunner
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Gunner » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:36 pm

A "High Cube" Container (known as an HC) is 9' 6" tall, so these containers are still too large for a standard "Liner" container.

However, the US Military (among others) have made many different sizes of shipping containers.
- - - - - - - - -
All of us have skeletons in the closet. Only some of us have bodies in the freezer, though...

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:02 pm

"overseas containers are in real life many different sizes for different things"

Same deal with fork trucks. I've seen at least different kinds, shapes, sizes when I did a stint in the logistics world so I think your good to go.

As for the cargo containers, very cool and look right on to me for the effect. Plus, you can fit lots of stuff in there to suprise the baddies. :D
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:17 am

Where did you get that ALF?? (The figure in your Avatar) I soo want one of those dude!
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by alf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:19 pm

hum...I'm a little bit confused if it is really 1/20 or 1/22 instead of 1/16 it should seem underscaled compared to 1/18 not the opposite ... did I miss something ? hu ? :?
Looking on bruder website they seem to have different line at different size.

Mig29K I get the ALF long time ago (like ten years I think), so I don't think I can help you to buy one somewhere. Maybe you can catch one on ebay. But I just talk to my girlfriend who had one too at that time (and the same one), she is ok to give it to me if she is able to find it at her parents home. I can keep you informed. NO PROBLEM

MiG29K
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by MiG29K » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:10 pm

alf wrote:hum...I'm a little bit confused if it is really 1/20 or 1/22 instead of 1/16 it should seem underscaled compared to 1/18 not the opposite ... did I miss something ? hu ? :?
Looking on bruder website they seem to have different line at different size.

Mig29K I get the ALF long time ago (like ten years I think), so I don't think I can help you to buy one somewhere. Maybe you can catch one on ebay. But I just talk to my girlfriend who had one too at that time (and the same one), she is ok to give it to me if she is able to find it at her parents home. I can keep you informed. NO PROBLEM
Cool...Merci!!

R
??????? ?????. ?????? ? ??????!

Washington State > Kansas

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:50 pm

Just saw some of the Bruder trucks this weekend - I didn't have anything to measure them with, but they looked massive. I know they are closer to 1/16 than 1/18, but I wish I had something to compare it to, it looked like a 1/18 figure would be overshadowed by these.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:22 pm

The containers look great! Yeah a little big but very nice.
Hey Mig: http://cgi.ebay.com/1988-Alf-PVC-Figure ... 286.c0.m14

alf
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by alf » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Mig got one ;)

>The containers look great! Yeah a little big but very nice.
Yep I love those container since I never found better ones to play with my bbi.
I will make a quick and dirty dio featuring the container to have better pics online soon.

> I know they are closer to 1/16 than 1/18
yep those bruder product are 1/16
and that is too bad ...http://www.bruder.de/sortiment/sortimen ... ofi-serie/