POST PAK 40 & NEW HALFTRACK FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:37 pm

I am going to continue to search thru the rest of this week. I will post if I find more... I suspect I might be shipping some out for some folks here :wink:

Gotta find more first... this was the last one at my location. But I do have 5 more stores I can check! :twisted:

Now that this has popped up I suspect we should also see new halftracks VERY soon. A HUGE thanks to Digger (wherever you are) for jumping all over the pics! I am sure everyone appreciated your assistance.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:04 pm

Sorry for all the posts. Just got back from the movies and I finally had a chance to get into the new Pak-40! I LOVE THIS THING. The value just got better.

The wood creates.... THEY OPEN! not only that... THEY ARE PACKED WITH SHELLS!
each crate holds/comes with room for 3 rounds. for a total of 3 crates and 9 rounds per package! Each Shell is printed with proper warnings and marks. Also be sure to look under the plastic tray. There is a piece of cardboard there. Remove it and you will discover that all the extra arms, helmet, rifle, open coat, pack, and figure stand are included for your crew member. The gun elevates better on the final version and the detail will knock your socks off!

This piece looks a little small in the package but with all the extras it is soooo totally worth the 22 bucks! I'm gonna get a few more... after I hook up other board members!

-TKO

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:23 pm

The reason I asked if it attaches to the Hanomag is because it looks a bit far from the hitch, is it supposed to be like that?

Normandy, (or anyone else in LI) tell me if you find them, I need one!
Not to mention one of each of the new Halftracks :twisted:

[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:23 pm

Yes!!!! :D :D

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by compfire » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:12 am

tko211 wrote: I am going to continue to search thru the rest of this week. I will post if I find more... I suspect I might be shipping some out for some folks here :wink:

Gotta find more first... this was the last one at my location. But I do have 5 more stores I can check!

Which WM did you find it at?

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:26 pm

Best news I've heard all year. I can't wait to lay my hands on some. :D

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Oct 08, 2006 4:59 pm

Outstanding!!! Hope to see them around here before Christmas.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 6:09 pm

Moth, If I find any Paks on Long Island I'll let you know!

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:06 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate it :D
[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:11 pm

Checked all of the WM in my area... Nothing more so far. I think I will go back to the one I found the Pak-40 at later this week to see if they do a re-stock.

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:24 pm

Guys, whats the deal with wal-mart? Do they usually have first dibs on models before the etailers. How long after appearing in wal-mart do models start popping up at etailers. Or does it just randomly vary between models?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:49 pm

Jay wrote:Guys, whats the deal with wal-mart? Do they usually have first dibs on models before the etailers. How long after appearing in wal-mart do models start popping up at etailers. Or does it just randomly vary between models?
As of late, Wal Mart has gotten the first dibs on most everything, especially in the 1:18 market. It really depends on how long it takes things to go to the small retailers. It can be weeks or months. Wal Mart also has shoddy distribution, with items showing up in one area of the country then taking months to reach others and also completely skipping other parts over. (you've no doubt heard all our whining about Wal Mart :wink: )

IMHO, 21c should really sell to the small retailers first, and then to WM. That would satisfy the demand of our small collector market and it won't really hurt WMs sales all that much, since the bulk of the 21c products that go to Wal Mart are bought by regular consumers. It would save us collectors alot of gas money, too - which could go towards buying more XD 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

lol

Post by digger » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:01 pm

IMHO, 21c should really sell to the small retailers first, and then to WM.
WM hungry, WM eat! :D

tmanthegreat

Re: lol

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:10 pm

digger wrote:WM hungry, WM eat! :D
Unfortunantly, that is so very true :?

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:37 pm

On one hand, I'm dreading hitting Walmarts again. On the other, hopefully this make wide distribution before Halloween and the Christmas/Walmart fiasco :wink: .

Wow, $22 and comes with a figure. This is really good news. After the MiG, this is my most anticipated for the year. I'll be looking for at least 3.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:05 pm

It looks like I can't walk into WM any more without my VISA. :roll: :lol:

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Actually pretty cool. I will be looking for this one.
Todd

ARMY GROUP 1
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ARMY GROUP 1 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:27 pm

ITS TRULEY AMAZING NOT ONLY HAS TKO211 GOT THE PAK 40 PROTOTYPE, FAIR ENOUGH, BUT HE HAS FOUND THE ONLY ONE ON THE SHELF IN THE WHOLE OF UNITED STATES. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!! SUGGEST YOU ALSO TAKE OUT A LOTTERY TICKET. WHAT I AM PERPLEXED WITH, WAS THERE A WHOLE HEAP ON THE SHELF & THEY SOLD LIKE HOT CAKES OR WAS THERE ONLY ONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN SUCH SHORT SUPPLY? GUESS TIME WILL TELL. THEY SEEM A LONG WAY AWAY WHEN YOU ARE DOWN UNDER.

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:05 am

ARMY GROUP 1 wrote:ITS TRULEY AMAZING NOT ONLY HAS TKO211 GOT THE PAK 40 PROTOTYPE, FAIR ENOUGH, BUT HE HAS FOUND THE ONLY ONE ON THE SHELF IN THE WHOLE OF UNITED STATES. WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!! SUGGEST YOU ALSO TAKE OUT A LOTTERY TICKET. WHAT I AM PERPLEXED WITH, WAS THERE A WHOLE HEAP ON THE SHELF & THEY SOLD LIKE HOT CAKES OR WAS THERE ONLY ONE BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN SUCH SHORT SUPPLY? GUESS TIME WILL TELL. THEY SEEM A LONG WAY AWAY WHEN YOU ARE DOWN UNDER.
Makes you wonder, when there has been only ONE found on the shelf at WM. None have shown up on Ebay either, which is usually the case when something hot hits the shelves. Since WM distribution is soooo unpredictable!
Good thing gas is at a low since I will be making a few trips to WM and probably finding things I don't need on the clearance isle!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:41 am

Yeah, but Razor found the only F-86s we know about here in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana corner. So, the weirdness of Wal-Mart distribution strikes again.
Aaron

My pathetic fantasy football team:

[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/1804/polocksia2.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:16 am

Also, remember that the first sighting of the Mig-15 was a single plane found by Raiderad6 in Northern California - with the rest showing up a week later in the Texas-Oklahoma area. To date, there has been no further Migs (nor anything else new) spotted in California.

(I'll be nice here and say that I really "dislike" Wal Mart's haphazard distribution and wish they would be more like Target or TRU, which generally get the same stuff in every store in every town :wink: )

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:53 pm

Frankly it has me perplexed as well. To be honest when I found it I was certain that I would come back home and hop on the boards only to find out that I was one of many who had posted finds.

It is ironic that I have the prototype and I have the final verion Pak-40. I realized this once I logged on the boards to post and it is part of the reason why I took a pic of the sales reciept. :lol:

I do strongly believe though that other Pak-40's were there and were sold prior to my discovery. The shelf looked like it held 3 others as those spots were vacant. Also there was that packing tissue left overs that indicated a fresh restock.

I have looked high and low since that find and nothing else has popped up. It could be just an early occurance like the F-86 find. I hope not!!! But you never know.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:13 pm

Guys,

Remember that many stores are probably waiting to clear the Halloween stuff before stocking the Christmas goodies. I have found a lot of patience with this hobby, especially this time of year!!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:35 pm

If anybody reads AintItCool, they'll understand this joke...

I THINK IT WAS A PLANT!!!!!!!!

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:26 pm

Quixote511 wrote:Yeah, but Razor found the only F-86s we know about here in the Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana corner. So, the weirdness of Wal-Mart distribution strikes again.
I talked with one of the WM Toys guy and he told me that his store where I found the F-86s was being reconfigured before any of the others in the area. When they went through this phase, I found signs of where all the XD and 1/32 stuff were being placed on the shelves.

They had stacks of Desert Stukas, Bunker Hill Corsairs and finally Avengers. The day I found the F-86s and posted on the board thinking I had saw someone else post a find, I was looking for MIGs. Now they have MIGs. Do some stores with higher figures get product quicker than the rest?? The store is in Florence, KY about 20 mins south of Cincinnati, Ohio. We aren't a MAJOR city like New York or L.A. We aren't even on a coastline to be the first one to get delivery by ship... Very odd.
:?: :?: :?:
Anyone connected with Walmart - chime in and let us know the WM secrets of product distribution...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin