Sabre and Mig, sold as set?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Sabre and Mig, sold as set?

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:41 pm

Does anyone thing the new 21st Century F-86 Sabre, and the Mig-15 will be sold as a set? Could they be a special addition with both planes coming in the same box? :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:09 pm

There seems to be some rumbling about that around here, but I don't think 21C has said anything. Honestly, I hope not. I want several MiGs, but don't want the Sabers.

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:32 pm

I also hope they don't combine the planes in one box. I think they would sell more if they offer them individually. I myself will also be looking for Migs.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Aug 05, 2006 5:56 pm

I hope they don't combine either. It would be cool, but pricey. A double could retail for $80-$100, even at Wal Mart. However, watch, the aircraft will come out at the same time, but go to other areas of the country and certainly not to your local Wal Marts :wink:

I too am after the Migs. I really like my Admiral Toys F-86 and while the 21c bird is more accurate and has that awesome pilot figure, I'm not too wild about the paintschemes for the first two releases. Thus, the Mig has top priority.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

digger

dog fight

Post by digger » Sun Aug 06, 2006 7:41 am

I hope they don't combine either. It would be cool, but pricey. A double could retail for $80-$100, even at Wal Mart.

Why would you say that? The 32x Dogfight set led to cheaper planes. If the 104 was $40 no reason the F86 should be more. I think the $70 PP established by the Avenger just might have some future implications. :wink: IMO it would be sweet as a set actually - for $10 more than the AT F86 you could get both planes :shock:
Besides, I'm sure small retailers would have them individually down the line.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:22 pm

IF 21st does choose to sell them in a set, I am sure it would be a special edition set or somehting like that or like the dogfight sets we are starting to see now (limited to one or 2 schemes.)

I am pretty sure that both airplane models would also be sold individually a time. That way people who only want a mig can get a mig and those only interested in the F-86 can get the F-86.

I wouldn't mind seeing them both ways.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:42 am

I like the fact that they will be sold individualy because if they were sold as a set at a place like walmart. They would sit and wait on shelves because of the price for clearence. Noe if it were an online exclusive with a limited production run, that would most likey sell out. In all this, I like to get rid of the boxes and display them. I do not tend to resell them, so individually is fine for me. Just my 2 cents...