POST AVENGER FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am

21st should've offered tracking devices for the Avenger. Would've saved some time in trying to determine which WM has them. :D :D :D

nathanita
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Avenger sighting in DFW

Post by nathanita » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:20 pm

[quote="warhawker"]
WM @ 75 & Spring Valley - negative
WM @ 635 & Midway - negative
WM @ 35 & Main St. (Lewisville) - negative
WM in Hickory Creek/Denton - negative
WM in Roanoke - negative
WM @ Dallas Tollway & Alpha - negative
WM @ Trinity Mills/Carrollton - negative
quote]

WM @ Hwy 26 Southlake - negative
WM @ 635 & MacArthur (Coppell) - negative
WM @ 121 & Round Grove Rd (Lewisville) - negative

Several of these stores have the Corsairs, Stukas, M48s, and german halftracks. I'm hoping this is a good sign of things to come...

Question - in order to hold an item at WM, do you need to place it under a specific name? I wonder if we can come up with a code name so that we can hold items for each other without them disappearing...

lucifuhrman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Avengers sighted and acquired - Sonora, California Wal Mart

Post by lucifuhrman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:24 pm

Just got a call from my uncle who just purchased two Atlantic scheme avengers from Wal Mart in Sonora, California - about 30 miles East of Sacramento. Said there was one left.

Good luck

lucifuhrman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wal Mart avenger availability database building

Post by lucifuhrman » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:25 pm

Suppose I should have summarized earlier:

Sonora, California - affirmative - one left
Windsor, California - negative
Rohnert Park, California - negative

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:44 pm

zonetoys wrote:
Wings_&_Armor wrote: I live just a little north of Virginia beach. Can you tell me which Walmart had them? Was there any left?
USCGSARdog wrote: Zonetoys- I'm with Andy, which WM did you score your Avenger, where in the store and how many were there?

I was just at the WM in Newport News on Saturday and saw the new Stukas And BH Corsairs ( I saw your earlier post on this Andy, I must have just missed you!), but no Avengers. Looks like I will be making the trip down 64 again this weekend . As long as I don't come back empty handed the trip will be well worth it!
Sgt. Fury wrote: Zonetoys, where did you find the Avenger in the Va. Beach area?

Andy, Rob, & Sgt. Fury,

I found eight this morning at the Princess Anne Rd. and Lynnhaven Pkwy. WM in Virginia Beach. Norfolk WM (Janaf) didn't have any Sunday and Battlefield Blvd. WM in Chesapeake didn't have any Saturday!
Good Luck Guys, They are awsome, despite what catman says!

Bob
Good God, we are actually getting something, FIRST?!!!

Unbelieveable and very surprising! To my knowledge, the retooled mustang hasn't even hit us yet!!

Man right after I picked up my marineflieger F-104 from layaway@chesapeake this past weekend!
AWESOME!!!

Hopefully by xmas we will have had the s2 scheme in, I want a blue avenger! But grey ain't bad either!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:46 pm

Why aren't the Avengers moving to central California?!? The last time that an XD item got this good coverage in both northern and southern Ca, they were in the middle as well. My area between Merced and Dinuba (covering 3 large counties and 9 stores) seems to have been avoided... I'll wait a little longer, however; and to think people find 8 at a time in some places!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:58 pm

Message deleted.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:14 pm

zonetoys wrote:
Wings_&_Armor wrote: Rob! Just got back from the Walmart Bob mentioned and I picked you
up one with the most pristine box I could find (in case you dont open them). Havent opened mine yet (2:00 AM and I'm beat) but looks great already! Thanks a million for the tip Bob! :D
Andy,
Glad you were able to put your hands on a couple. Just curious how many were left. That would give me an idea how many they sold the first day on the shelf! They started with eight!

Also, if anybody knows where the little antenna is supposed to mount will you pleeeeez post a picture of it on the plane!

Thanks,
Bob
Damn! I was just in your AOR for the past 3 days visiting Williamsburg. ARRGGHH!!!! So close. I checked an Northern VA store just south of MD, but no luck, just 4 P-51's and 2 109's. DE has nothing so far. I really want this plane!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:51 pm

Razor17019 wrote:Hate to bust your theory Tman or at least throw a monkey wrench into it.
I got word that a member spotted a bunch near Indianapolis, IN. Not to many ports in that neck of the woods...

What about military bases? Is that still holding true or just a fluke?
Found 8 today at the Washington, Illinois Walmart. The only one in central Illinois to get any that i know of. No port or military base nearby unless you count the Illinois River or the Air National Guard stationed at the Peoria airport.

Ray

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:10 pm

Got a call from the manager of the Pet Dept at WalMart near NAS Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor WA, and he had 8 Avengers sitting next to his dog bed display and 8 more in the back room. I went and purchased two, noticed one was missing the ball turret cover and he took it off the floor. Went by the WalMart in Mount Vernon, WA and they had four on the top shelf in Toy Dept. Super Store in Marysville WA still says they have 8 in inventory, but can't locate them. So they are up here in the PNW. I was also able to get the dogfight set Shilling vs Hohenburg at NAS Whidbey Island store.
JOC

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:48 pm

This is killing me. You guys see 8 Avengers here, 8 there, and I can't find a one here! :(
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:58 pm

anyone live in buffalo or niagra falls new york? If so can you tell me if/when the avengers arrive at WM there.

thanks.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:15 pm

Is that as closest Wal Mart to you Andrew?

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:30 pm

Will someone please post the sku numbers on the avenger box, so that those of us who cant find them on display can at least see if the Walmart has any in the back or on display where no rational person would look

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:32 pm

Sabrefan wrote:This is killing me. You guys see 8 Avengers here, 8 there, and I can't find a one here! :(
I share your frustration - and they're being found all over my state! It would simply be a dream to go find some at one Wal Mart and then more at another in my area, but all that's avaliable are ME-109Gs, a couple F-104s and not much else. I hope that when (and if) they show up, the planes are in good shape and not to scratched up or missing parts!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:33 pm

yes......i used to drive down there years ago but havent for a while. With the large size of the avenger it would probably be cheaper than shipping it to me plus it will be a while before i can get them on ebay for a reasonable price.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:04 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
Sabrefan wrote:This is killing me. You guys see 8 Avengers here, 8 there, and I can't find a one here! :(
I share your frustration - and they're being found all over my state! It would simply be a dream to go find some at one Wal Mart and then more at another in my area, but all that's avaliable are ME-109Gs, a couple F-104s and not much else. I hope that when (and if) they show up, the planes are in good shape and not to scratched up or missing parts!
I agree. the Walmart up here has ME-109Gs, a couple F-104s and some XD jeeps
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Wings_&_Armor
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Wings_&_Armor » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:16 pm

mikeg wrote:Will someone please post the sku numbers on the avenger box, so that those of us who cant find them on display can at least see if the Walmart has any in the back or on display where no rational person would look
UPC code is 38748 10181. Only numbers I see, hope that helps.

tmanthegreat

Re: where in the san fernando southern cal area

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:33 pm

boomboomjr wrote:has anyone seen these planes in southern california near or around the sanfernando valley?
I've only heard them being spotted in Brea and further southward near San Diego. They seem to be all over the Bay Area and Sacramento at the other end of the state. One could assume that there are some at other WMs in the Los Angeles area. None yet in my area around Fresno.

compfire
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by compfire » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:00 pm

3 left in Thornton, Colorado store (just north of Denver)

Gusthebus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Gusthebus » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:36 pm

Is that Thornton WM the one off Grant St.?

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:46 pm

*rolls over* wake me up when batcat get them.
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JoeS » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:32 am

Gentleman

Check out Bad Cat's advice posted in the coming soon section for the Avenger pre-orders which were suspended. Wise words me thinks

Happy Easter Avenger Hunting!

(okay so it isn't Easter, I know).

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:25 am

JoeS wrote:Gentleman

Check out Bad Cat's advice posted in the coming soon section for the Avenger pre-orders which were suspended. Wise words me thinks

Happy Easter Avenger Hunting!

(okay so it isn't Easter, I know).
That's not good business to break deals in writing. That would have been the boardmeeting to crash! imagine: The Walmart buyer comes in with his
2 goons...I mean advisors, making the 21C team a "offer they can't refuse"

But who knows could be standard business practice with WM.

DH