replacement accessories for carded troops

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

replacement accessories for carded troops

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:11 am

I'm from Canada and I have to buy any military toys from ebay because TRU, Walmart and other toy stores don't sell them here. I just bought the 21st century toys set of 12 airborne figures for a very expensive price. The helmet chinstraps came off of my Sgt Davis, Cpl. Jennings and Private Keitel. Also, the joints were stiff and the hands of the posed arms of these figures busted off when I tried moving them for the first time. Does anyone know where I can get replacement accessories for these figures?

I have family in California, is there anyway I can use their address to my advantage for this, or if I go to 21st century toys office, will they be able to help me? Their 1800 number doesn't work here in Canada.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 am

Can't help you out, but just wanted you to know that you're not alone here with the 'breaking' of figures. I did learn on here to hold the figure under hot water to loosen the joints-have had alot of luck doing this, but I still get the breakages here and there.
And don't feel bad about not finding XD in Canada. Here in the Cleveland area, you won't find XD either. And if you're lucky enough, you may find the tags for XD on an empty peg. :roll:

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:31 am

Popeye,
Hi - Sorry you are having problems with your XD figs.
Some of the US paratroopers you have you can get replacment helmets in the newer Operation Market Garden figs (OMG). They are reissue figs of the ones you have. As for the German paratroopers, you can also use the OMG figs helmets, but it won't be a match up to the one they came with. But it's better than nothing. Same for the hands that broke on you. The OMGs have the same arms/hands as your paratroopers and can easily be replaced.
email me a list of the figures you need helmets and hands for and I can see if I have any extras.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:18 am

Razor17019 wrote:Popeye,
Hi - Sorry you are having problems with your XD figs.
Some of the US paratroopers you have you can get replacment helmets in the newer Operation Market Garden figs (OMG). They are reissue figs of the ones you have. As for the German paratroopers, you can also use the OMG figs helmets, but it won't be a match up to the one they came with. But it's better than nothing. Same for the hands that broke on you. The OMGs have the same arms/hands as your paratroopers and can easily be replaced.
email me a list of the figures you need helmets and hands for and I can see if I have any extras.
But aren't the OMG figures in m1943 pants and jackets making their arm sleeves darker than the first of parrashoot infantry, which are based off of the soldiers who fought in France? I'll send you an email anyway. Thank you very much for your help!

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:22 am

holensock wrote:Can't help you out, but just wanted you to know that you're not alone here with the 'breaking' of figures. I did learn on here to hold the figure under hot water to loosen the joints-have had alot of luck doing this, but I still get the breakages here and there.
And don't feel bad about not finding XD in Canada. Here in the Cleveland area, you won't find XD either. And if you're lucky enough, you may find the tags for XD on an empty peg. :roll:
I heard from the guy who I bought my airborne set from that if you put your figures in the freezer the more delicate joints would harden and not break when you moved them for the first time. It's just too bad I asked after breaking a few of my expensive figures.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:27 pm

Thanks for this tip! I'll give it a try!
Does any of your stores up there carry Power Team 1:18?

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:27 pm

holensock wrote:Thanks for this tip! I'll give it a try!
Does any of your stores up there carry Power Team 1:18?
I haven't looked. What is it exactly?

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:32 pm

Hopefully this link will work for you.
powerteamHQ.com
You'll find pictures on there-and check out those prices. While these figures lack in 'detail', they are the BEST articulated 1:18 figures on the market! And I haven't had one break on me yet! Not only are they a lot of fun, they FIT in their vehicles! :D
Also go to KBtoys. They've got a few on sale!!

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:08 pm

KBtoys.com ships to addresses within the U.S., most U.S. Territories, P.O. Boxes, and APO/FPO addresses. We are unable to ship internationally at this time.

I got that off the KBtoys.com site. It's just like most of the other places that sell XD, so going through google and 21st century where to buy list list is long, often gets me nowhere and down right enfuriating.