bbi releasing WWII armour!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:56 pm

Ironically, tonight I found the beret'd figures at a local TRU too... So this junk's still filtering down.

These figures are substantially better made than the original USMC's were. Their joints are more rigid and don't pop apart easily. They had the desert blackhawk pilot (is there only one? He's a black guy) as well...

Overall, these are nicer figures for the same price. I may nab a couple of them just to kinda replace the originals with.

I can't wait to see NEW figures from BBI though. Replacing that stupid arm articulation they have and hopefully making figures that don't look like they're standing with their knees and ankles together at all times. They look just downright goofy.

Their chopper pilots, aside from having the same arm articulation, are as close to perfect as I'd hope for. They're really nicely made, and I'd like to see infantry guys that live up to that kinda quality.

Either way, the new figure's weapons are real nice... If they'd make a .60 that isn't so grossly oversized, then they'd be really perfect I think.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

red69charger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Price

Post by red69charger » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:08 pm

I can't believe that the Sherman would cost what the M1 did. The M1 is a far bigger tank.

While I would have preferred that bbi do something completely different from what's already been done, I'm not horribly disappointed in the choice. At least its the 105 version instead of another 75. And, as mentioned above, it will allow other versions like the M10, M36, M7, and T23 turret using the same chassis if they do their molds right.

Personnally, I'm hoping for some common German vehicles like the Mk III and IV or a StuG III or Hetzer. I'm kind of tired of the same old Tiger / King Tiger show that keeps playing in all the different scales. No matter what though, I'm happy somebody else is doing WWII armor. Its about time. My hope was really fading.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:00 am

Looks like we may be in store for some new armour from 21c as well. On the old board is a report that the upcoming M113 was displayed in VIETNAM colours and comes with two figures AND that 21c debuted a 1/18 Jagdpanther....if i am intupretating LaughingG's post correctly.

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:09 am

it would be nice if 21st would bring back the nam line, they have been releasing lots of nam era helos so it's be nice to some armor and reissue of figures, as for bbi entering the WWII market is really good, since they alreasy have some brit troops that were supposed to be out in a the modern line improves the chances of seeing some brit WWII figures, things are definately looking up on theWWII market.
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

5ohsinker
Sergeant
Sergeant

BBI

Post by 5ohsinker » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:39 pm

I personally dont think a Sherman was the best choice for their first product but having said that, I a'gonna buy one and maybe even two. giddy up! Bring it on!

macvsog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by macvsog » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:25 pm

what bbi really needs to do is the smaller tanks... something like the smaller germans tanks and smaller american/british tanks.... that way they are cheap, you get a lot... not much shelf space... and they are nice tanks... go well with figures.

something like an m22 locus, an m2 stuart (with many varriant types), m3 lee, m24 chaffee or even an m18 helcat (for the american side that is) and there is an even more impressive assortment from the german side of things.

-mike-
-mike-

http://community.webshots.com/user/macvsog101st

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:45 pm

It will have to be better detailed and comparable in price to compete with the 21c BOB die cast Sherman. I will have to assume that bbi has done something to make this Sherman marketable. I would love to see a detailed interior or something along that line. It had better be a lot better than their earlier attempts at tank detail and a whole lot cheaper. :?

macvsog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by macvsog » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:12 am

I got this email from bbi today:

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your interest in bbi.

Item 21370 1:18 Sherman Tank is going to release in November 2004.

Would you please kindly contact the following dealer who is taking pre-order
now.

F.M.T.Y. INC.
1-727-344-0878

So, i don't know if this information was posted already, but i figured i would let you all know.

-mike-
-mike-

http://community.webshots.com/user/macvsog101st

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:05 pm

one good thing about bbi is that the wait between preview and having an item for sale is pretty short. I wish we could info on any other wwii items bbi has planned; especially armour.

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

BBI Sherman

Post by grockwood » Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:59 pm

I think there is enough difference between this new Sherman and the old one to keep sale good. It has more differeces then the the P47 Razerback and the new Bubble top.

1 It has the later 1 piece transmission housing. 21st has early 3 piece.
2 It is a 47 degree M4A3(Ford powered) hull. 21st is radial powered 45 Degree M4 hull.
3 Its has a 105mm Howitzer. 21st is a 75 mm tank gun
4 The turret is the later style with the raised rear bustle. 21st has early turret with low bustle.

It also offers some conversion possibilities as stated before.
1 using gun and mantlet from 21st M4 can create a M4A3 75mm
2 build a T23 turret to makea M4A3 76mm
3 Chasis can be use to build a late model M7 Priest
4 Lower chasis can be used for a M36 TD(M10 needs a M4A2 rear lower hull)

If you are a Sherman fan, it will be a must have.

tmanthegreat

BBI Sherman for Preorder

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:03 am

Taking a tip from an earlier post, I found that the reputable online retailer BigBoysWarToys has the BBI Sherman avaliable for preorder. Its cost is $34.95 (which is about the same as the LAV) and they also included a list of the features! I've posted the link below:

http://www.bigboyswartoys.com/cgi-bin/p ... lite-21370

Looks like this thing is going to be a reality very soon!!

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:51 am

That's my kind of price!!!!! :wink:

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:09 am

Yeah, if that price holds, you have yourself a value! Keep your fingers crossed............

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:29 am

Now that's going to shake 21c's tree...

what would 'upper hull part' refer to?

digger

M4

Post by digger » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:32 am

That is a nice price. In the end, the paint scheme & model are only half the issue. I like the fact that they seem to be saying the tank will be more interactive. It was a joke that the driver's hatch on the LAV didn't open, and I hope bbi realized although you can't tell from the photo.
Anyway, the tank will be mine and I'm excited to see the figure!

mburduck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mburduck » Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:40 am

This looks like a great Sherman! I don't mind the 105 gun, but I might want to see one "in the flesh" before I pull the trigger on it. But then again....

Mike
Tank Addicted