Anyone figure out the case breakdown for OMG?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Anyone figure out the case breakdown for OMG?

Post by spect_spidey » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:31 pm

Does anyone know how a case breaks down with the OMG and series 2 Japanese? The reason I ask is my local Walmart just got both series in, neither were there when I went on Sunday, but both are there today. However there was exactly 1 complete set of each and seing how there is only two pegs for the figures in this store and there was already still about 10 previous XD figures on them, there was just enough room for these 12 figures to be there. Is it possible that a case has 6 OMG and 6 Japanese? Or did they maybe just put out half a case of each?

Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:04 pm

Look on the top shelf!
My WM stuck about 20+ BOB figures up on the top shelf to make room for the new figures...
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:47 pm

6 & 6 is what I found also Spidey.

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:09 pm

Yep, so did I, and the Wal-Mart I found them at didn't have any figures on the shelves prior to putting them out, so I'm reasonably sure they come one set each to a case.

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:21 pm

Strangely enough, I found the OMG figures and series 1 Japanese today. This WM just opened today so I must assume the figures came from the same case. Anyone else seen this?

The series 2 Japanese are tan right? Cause these guys were more of a light green color, looked to me like series 1 in the store. The dude with the bandana did not have the rising sun markings though, so I was quite confused by the whole thing.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:56 pm

Easiest way to tell the S1 from the S2 Japanese:

Uniforms:
S1 light green; S2 light brown

Labeling on package:
S1 reads "Japanese Imperial Army" & has a picture of the classic Rising Sun flag on the card; S2 reads "Imperial Marines" and has a picture of an anchor on the card.

Here's some pictures from a couple ebay auctions where you can see the differences:

Series 1 Japanese

Series 2 Japanese

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:46 pm

one series has an error on the card back - shows two of the same figure with different names. Saw it too late after I already opened them - plus the tan version does not have the riing sun on the bandana.

I think they ship one per box as I found them all with no extras.

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:31 pm

Nope. I definitely saw series 1 Japanese on the Imperial Marines card and the guy w/ bandana was plain. I bought one (Sgt Akamatsu - the S1 guy on the right) and compared it to my S1 and he's slightly lighter but most definitely not as light as the S2 in that picture. Perhaps these were an inbetween wave that got shipped to this store?

digger

no worries

Post by digger » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:18 pm

one series has an error on the card back - shows two of the same figure with different names.
The S1 USMC card backs had the same guy twice - they were early proto pics and those 2 hadn't been distinguished. Don't worry about having opened it up. :wink:

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:15 am

im an overnight stocker in toys at wal mart we had 1 single case come in, and it had exactly 1 of each figure, 1 each of all 6 s2 japanese and 1 of each of the 6 market garden.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:43 pm

newwavepop wrote:im an overnight stocker in toys at wal mart we had 1 single case come in, and it had exactly 1 of each figure, 1 each of all 6 s2 japanese and 1 of each of the 6 market garden.
Wow! Those factory workers had to have worked overtime! I'm glad 21C is producing so many of these figures! I now understand why I CAN'T FIND ANY in my area!
Now in a more serious mood...Newwavepop, does the Toy Dept Mgr order these? Or are they sent to Walmart by Corporate. I talked to a Toy Dept. Mgr. at a Walmart in Brookpark, Ohio who said he doesn't order anything. Everything is sent from Corporate-whether they like it or not.

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:05 pm

I don't now if they order them or not, but last Sunday when I was there I had to ask an associate in paint to help me since I can never seem to find a toy dept. associate. I asked him if he could check to see if they had any of the OMG or Japanese figures in the back. He came over with one of those hand held inventory bar code scanners. He scanned the code on the peg and informed me that they were listed as being on order for 10 cases. And sure enough when I went back to Walmart on Wednesday, just 3 days later, the figures were there. So even if they don't do the ordering themselves, they can at least tell you if they are on order. I guess it just depends on the employee you talk to and their willingness to help.

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:21 am

thats 1 of the things that bothers me at wal mart, its the first store ive ever worked at that doesnt walk out to the floor and look at the pegs and order whats empty.

there is alot of stuff that is just sent to us.

there is also alot of stuff that it says we have 5 in stock and if we sell 2 of them then the computer says there are only 3 left and it automatically gets ordered, of course over time things are stolen and what ever else happenes to stuff, the point is the counts never seem to be correct so it always orders too little of this and too much of that.

of course the department manager can take the handheld thing called a telezon and order what ever they want as well, though i dont think much of that happens because most of the work is already done for you so why work?
likewise if you can actually find someone who knows how to use the telezon and you can provide the ups number they can check for you and tell you how many are listed as being in stock, but they cannot tell you where they are in the store.
and they can tell you if they are listed as being on order,though that doesnt mean they will actually show up.

i cant imagine that they would have 10 cases ordered unless they sell really really well in your area.

i have also found that people on the other shifts have a habit of telling toy collectors that they are getting a case of something in that night just to shut the toy collector up and have them go away, and they actually have no way of knowing when something will arrive.
but the toy collector will then come in that night and when the item isnt there they just think you are lieing to them when you say none came in.
leading many collectors to think that every wal mart toy stocker is a scalper and lieing about getting in the good stuff.

now that i have went on and on all i can really say is i would give anything to see the toys r us of my youth again, with the long endless aisles of toys ive neverseen before.
instead of the little empty cube design they have now.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:01 am

Good job, Spect! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! And thanks for the info Newwavepop! I work in retail too, a grocery store, so I feel your pain about the customers. You can't win! For the 95% of good customers, it's always the one or two who can SET YOU OFF the rest of the day! :cry:

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:00 am

holensock wrote:Good job, Spect! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! And thanks for the info Newwavepop! I work in retail too, a grocery store, so I feel your pain about the customers. You can't win! For the 95% of good customers, it's always the one or two who can SET YOU OFF the rest of the day! :cry:
you met that guy too huh? :wink:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:07 am

Yep. He's EVERYWHERE! Including Ebay!!! :lol: