21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Jagdplastic » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:05 pm

Regarding the RC PzIV with the broken barrel. The PzIV D has a stepped back front plate for the radio operator and includes a pistol port in the armor plate connecting the driver's and radio operator's viewports. The D model also has the one piece turrent side hatches. If you cut the barrel off you can get close to a PzIV F1 which has the straight front armor plate and the two piece turrent side doors. The mantlet housing for the short gun is more rounded than the housing for the long barrelled cannon such as is on the RC PzIV. That being said, I recently saw a picture of a newly restored PzIV D from the Aberdeen Proving Ground collection that has the squared off mantlet housing for the short gun. It looks to me like this might be a hybrid of the D and later versions, however.

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:00 pm

Found a complete set of both the OMG and S2 Japanese at the WM in Lafayette, IN today. No sign of the new vehicles and they still just have the P-47 Bubbletops as afar as planes go.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:08 pm

Found a set of the OMG Paras at the Wal Mart in Dinuba Ca. (way out in the boon-dogs from where I live.) The new Hummers and Dodge trucks haven't yet showed up in the six Wal Marts in my immediate area - and not only are they reported in Ca, but they've been reported across the country :roll: The newest items to be found in my area are a few S2 Japanese.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:31 pm

If anyone finds the new Hummers and WWII trucks at Walmart in the Georgia/Alabama region, please let me know :D

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:36 pm

so far -i havnt seen anything new in southwest atlanta area.

and thanks for the info on the Pz IV

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:56 pm

Found OMG Paras in my area - WM in Independence, KY is now without one complete set of them. That is all they had.
No new truck in my area, YET!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:20 pm

I was at the south Overland Park KS. Walmart today and found the Market Garden Paratroopers. There were a total of six different figures of which a picked up five. The facial expresions aren't as well painted as the original paratroopers. In some casses, The teeth are extremely white.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:22 pm

grockwood wrote:In some casses, The teeth are extremely white.
Yes, in my set, Corp. Chapman has the polar white choppers. :o

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:20 pm

East Peoria IL. WM has 2 1/6 RC Hummers for $90 each.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by rmoore456 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:17 pm

Found the 3/4 ton weapon carrier and the Hummers at the Bloomington, Illinois Walmart today.

Ray

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:54 pm

As if by magic, at least two Wal Marts in Fresno, Ca. got the new Hummers and Dodge trucks. These same stores didn't have the vehicles two days ago! I picked up the Dodge WC-51 and the Soft-top Hummer. They are very nice vehicles, with the Dodge being the best of the three. The detail on the Dodge is better than on the larger truck and the soft cover on the hummer looks much better (meaning not so shiny) when seen in person. It is interesting that 21c modified parts of their existing Hummers and WC-57s to create the new vehicles. Its a bummer, however, that no figures were included, when they have come with larger vehicles that sold for the same price. Still, they are worth the purchase.

digger

vehicle mods

Post by digger » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:27 pm

It is interesting that 21c modified parts of their existing Hummers and WC-57s to create the new vehicles.
I agree. I think my chances of seeing an M16 halftrack went up a lot with the release of the WC-51. Why not a m7 Priest :P If they can mod the truck they could mod the Sherman. :D I would love to see any gun carriage at this point. I would load up. 8)

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:45 pm

McDonough, Georgia -south west altanta
found OMG figures and tan japanese marines -
I left two for someone else.

Funny thing is I was in the store 24 hours earlier and they had a ton of the US marines but they only had three of them up. Most stores here have plenty of USMC Shermans and half tracks. Funny thing is the figure on the us half track is 101st - should have seen them comming.

No trucks - but man I love the 1/155 tanks

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:31 am

tmanthegreat wrote:As if by magic, at least two Wal Marts in Fresno, Ca. got the new Hummers and Dodge trucks. These same stores didn't have the vehicles two days ago! I picked up the Dodge WC-51 and the Soft-top Hummer. They are very nice vehicles, with the Dodge being the best of the three. The detail on the Dodge is better than on the larger truck and the soft cover on the hummer looks much better (meaning not so shiny) when seen in person. It is interesting that 21c modified parts of their existing Hummers and WC-57s to create the new vehicles. Its a bummer, however, that no figures were included, when they have come with larger vehicles that sold for the same price. Still, they are worth the purchase.
Don't forget the cost of plastic probably was the lead cause of the lack of figures. Something had to go to keep the price the same....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:55 am

Ski, I think there's no figures in the package because 21C knows they WON'T fit in the seats! I'm using bbi's ground troops and with some wiggling and bending, you can get them to sit in the seats.

digger

well..

Post by digger » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:19 am

holensock wrote:Ski, I think there's no figures in the package because 21C knows they WON'T fit in the seats!
Maybe, but why then are there no figures with the Humvees?
Unless they can't fit figures either - which nobody has mentioned - I think Centone & Ski have to be onto something.

That said I stand by my statements that I hope it is not a trend. Not just for collectors' sake but I remember as a kid which vehicle I was going to get had a lot to do with whether it came with a figure :) and whether he was cool. 8)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:40 am

The new Humvees can easily fit figures into the two front seats, just like the origional version. All that was changed for the new versions was the removal of the old roof and rear cover and the addition of the new soft top or hard top roofs. If you look on the S1 Hummer, for example, you can see that the roof and rear cover are a single piece that can potentially be detached.

Given that, the idea that the more expensive cost of plastic (given the high price for oil) causing the omission of the figures to keep the vehicle price the same makes sense. Still, its a bummer as the inclusion of a figure is certainly a selling point for toys such as these.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:50 am

alpharetta walmart in north atlanta has had the 1025 command car; they just got a new box of 998 hardtop (1) , 998 softop (1), wc51 3/4 truck-this I bought --- what was the fourth in this box or was it a double of something.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:01 pm

From what I've seen there is one Hardtop Humvee, one Softtop Humvee, and two Weapons Carrriers to a package.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:15 pm

The Walmart in Morrow Georgia had a new box with 1 hardtop, 1 soft top and 2 weapons carriers.
I BOUGHT ONE DODGE - left the other cause it has a broken gun mount - split down the middle and appears to have been glued (in a sealed package)

The package shows that with the gun mounted - you have to lift the railing out of the sides - even shown in the pic on the box - great detail - for the price though we should get many extras - like ammo boxes, jerry cans, sand bags, driver, a bag of Rocks!

I honestly was not impressed with the humves.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:36 pm

Found the new humvees and Dodge truck at the Martinez, CA WM. They also had a few Market Garden paras and S3 Japanese figs. :D

dfoos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dfoos » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:19 pm

I haven't been able to find the new Dodge truck in my area yet. That doesn't mean they haven't gotten them and sold them out though. There is someone in my area who scouts for these just like I do. I went to two different WM's in my area looking for the little 1/144 New Mellinneum Shermans and someone had gotten them all. It's like the case hits the floor and the Sherman's are gone that day. A couple of people at the stores told me that someone had also asked for them specifically. I hope I run into him. We could combine efforts and help each other out instead of wiping out one store so the other doesn't get anything.

Also, on the Dodge command car that has been re-released, anyone notice that one of the figures that come with it looks frightenly like Donny Osmond doing a "war face".

Man talk about teeth whitener, I didn't know they could do that back then.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:25 pm

You know, one thing I like about the new Dodge truck are its identification markings. Like the S2 WC-57 Command car and the WC-63 truck, it has the markings of the 29th Infantry Division. All three vehicles go together quite well!

Cripesamighty
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cripesamighty » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:38 am

Brand new Walmart in our area just opened yesterday. Had 3 of the Hackl 109s and a F104 with an already messed up box.

Had a few OMG figures and a few Japanese figures, I suppose they are series 3. I'm not really into the figures. Also had the hard and soft top Humvees and 2 weapons carriers.