Anyone get any 1:18 for Christmas?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Anyone get any 1:18 for Christmas?

Post by normandy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:13 am

While it's not 21st, my wife gave me some 1:18 U.S. figures from American Diorama....

The rifles seem to be a little over scale, an easy fix but all in all these are nice sculpts.

http://americandiorama.com/index.php?ro ... =69&page=4

pickelhaube

Re: Anyone get any 1:18 for Christmas?

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:17 am

Nice figures !!!

No , no 1/18th for me this year but a lot of 1/18th going out !!
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:42 am

I was fortunate to find a 1/18th scale VF-84 F-14A for a friend of mine for $300.00 with FREE shipping. He's been looking for a very long time and when I saw the post on Facebook, I told him about it. I told him that this is the cheapest one I've seen since they were first released.
The one port side gear door was broken off and the two main landing gears were also sheared off. Is this where the problem with the sagging landing gear comes from ?? I told him to just pose it "in flight" and not to worry about the landing gear, he agreed.
I am in the process of gluing all the gear doors closed for him and attaching the radome to the nose section.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

rschaap
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by rschaap » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 am

A-10LOADER wrote:I was fortunate to find a 1/18th scale VF-84 F-14A for a friend of mine for $300.00 with FREE shipping. He's been looking for a very long time and when I saw the post on Facebook, I told him about it. I told him that this is the cheapest one I've seen since they were first released.
The one port side gear door was broken off and the two main landing gears were also sheared off. Is this where the problem with the sagging landing gear comes from ?? I told him to just pose it "in flight" and not to worry about the landing gear, he agreed.
I am in the process of gluing all the gear doors closed for him and attaching the radome to the nose section.

Steve
That is an awesome Christmas gift. Your friend is very lucky to have you locate one for him at that price and for your input and help to make it worthy of displaying. You are a good friend.

normandy

Post by normandy » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:18 am

Its not 1:18 but cool...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:51 am

rschaap wrote:
A-10LOADER wrote:I was fortunate to find a 1/18th scale VF-84 F-14A for a friend of mine for $300.00 with FREE shipping. He's been looking for a very long time and when I saw the post on Facebook, I told him about it. I told him that this is the cheapest one I've seen since they were first released.

Steve
That is an awesome Christmas gift. Your friend is very lucky to have you locate one for him at that price and for your input and help to make it worthy of displaying. You are a good friend.
I agree. What a nice thing to do for your friend.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:22 pm

I didn't get anything 1/18 scale this year. But I got one heck of a special tour of the Tri-State Warbird Museum by Axis Nightmare. My son and I met Dennis at the museum he works at to drop off some items to him. We were getting ready to go and he asked us if we would like to see the work being done on the Focke-Wulf Fw 190. We said YES! We went in the back entrance and there were several guys working on the FW 190. Beautiful machine. It was donated by a Dentist from Indiana.
We took a look at the 1/18 paratroopers that I helped put together for Dennis and the museum's D-Day anniversary. The little guys are still there with none of them losing any of their equipment.
Just before we left Dennis showed us their P-40 painted in the Royal New Zealand Air Force that won the World War II Grand Champion award at the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh airshow in 2016. My son was most impressed to see the original radio transmitter and receiver in an open panel behind the pilot's seat:

Thank You Dennis!
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

greendevil41
Corporal
Corporal

Post by greendevil41 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:38 am

I received a 1/18 21st Century "'winter camo" Sherman with the external storage items as a gift. It is missing the two commanders hatch pieces and .50 cal MG but otherwise complete. Then I bought two 1/18 aircraft from a former collector who is down sizing. His wife wanted them gone. Neither had the original box but both were in great condition. The first was the 21st Century ME-262 which had all of it's accessories and the second was the AVG P-40 with a complete set of the excellent decals from Lair, sadly no longer available. I paid $110.00 for the pair. He still has three more, a Bf-109G, FW 190D9 and a P-38 still in the box.

The new year is starting out great!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:27 pm

No 1/18 given to me as a gift, but I did get some first-series (2001) XD Vietnam figures that arrived right around Christmas including the NVA Soldier, Vietnam Cong figure, and US grenadier figure, all of which I’ve been after for a while. They averaged out to about $25 per figure, which seems to be the going rate these days... I should have picked up multiples when they were on the rack at TRU 17 years ago!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Winterstar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Winterstar » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:16 pm

I played the 1/18th elf this year, getting one friend a Me 262 in the scheme he kept staring at mine in, and then gifted one of my Zero's to another friend because I might have to admit at some point I have an aircraft habit.

The one that got the Zero got me the Luftwaffe Sabre, which is now sitting next to my East German Mig-15.

And the lady friend got me a giant robot that is semi 1/18th scale, and weathered enough to look like some sort of wonder weapon.

A peaceful Christmas. I hope all of you have likewise greeted the new year well.