New 1/18 "Western" Line - Kickstarter

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

New 1/18 "Western" Line - Kickstarter

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:06 pm

A Kickstarter campaign is going to be launched soon-ish. This was something I kinda knew of happening for some months, but it was officially announced/teased at Joe Con. I figured though it's something you guys MAY want to back with your wallets, as it's a historical line very in line with Boss Fight's Vitruvian HACKS line.

Chicken Fried Toys - Legends Of The West
- Clicky The Link

The story's on the site I work with only because the guy launching this Kickstarter is a good friend/colleague, and I've known he wanted to do this for a while.

Brief rundown... Remember the Dusty Trails 1/18 Wild West line? It looked like basically a line of figures to the movie "Tombstone"? Well my buddy loves the Victorian West, both in Hollywood terms and in historical terms, and is trying to launch a toy line for it!

What's better than cowboys and indians than a super articulated awesome collector-focused toy line for cowboys and indians! And gamblers and lawmen and outlaws and legends! A cool idea for a toy line.

Kickstarters have gotten many-a-project off the ground, but only a couple toy lines. It's time collectors back what they want to buy though! Especially when the quality looks to be this top-notch and the dedication to accuracy from the firearms to the clothing is going to be top-notch, as there are experts developing this.

Seriously guys, go take a look. I think you'll be pleased. This isn't so much an advertisement as it's something I think most of us are kind of interested in. It may lead to other things too, in the wheelhouse of a lot of the guys around here! Some I can't chat up much right now, but possibilities are endless.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

normandy

Re: New 1/18 "Western" Line - Kickstarter

Post by normandy » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:48 pm

Hey Jesse those two figures look good, I sure western collectors will be interested in this line when it happens.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Looks promising, I'll certainly look into the Kickstarter when launched. IMO an Old West line MUST have vehicles and/or playsets to be successful: Wagons, stagecoach, modular buildings with false fronts (saloon; bank; blacksmith; etc). Articulated horses might be a design/manufacturing problem but are essential.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:13 pm

I can't speak for them, but horses are a biggie for them obviously... On the issue of wagons, "playsets" and the like, I think there's a wish/hope, however the stagecoach (which was a Dusty Trails proto), is a hoped for stretch goal, and a WWWAAAAYYYYY stretch goal... IE: if they get enough financial support, it'll happen, but it'll take a good deal of support from the public.

Now while I agree I want that stuff, manufacturing in China is tough these days the bigger the item gets, for sure, so I wouldn't hinge your thumbs up/down on an oversized item for this line. It's a figure line first I think, as most toy lines tend to be at this point, and thus it has to go from there.

Now, that said, they want a very diverse line-up and I think that they too feel the line's overall success will depend on certain things becoming a reality. Horses, I think, would be the first step... I'd consider anything from there (wagons, "playsets") as just gravy really. I want them to happen, but I'm really not going to hinge my support on it because I think the initial 12 figs need to be a success, and then we'll see how it can go from there. I think it can go very, very far.

I also think these "designer toy lines" are the future of collecting... Acid Rain kind of set this into motion in a way, but it's wildly successful and an import to boot... but figures push the $30 barrier for that line. Now they're doing exclusives for cons, exclusive vehicle decos for online stores... It's taken off into something much more potent, and self-sustaining, and that's what I'm hoping for lines like Legends of the West here, or Vitruvian HACKS figures (which are AAAAAAMAZING. Their skeleton is the finest engineered action figure I ever held in my hands, and my brother supported them well over $1k).

Support it, and it will be everything it can be, and I think it's something a lot of us here have kind of been wanting for a while. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!