Hitler's trip to 2014 Comic Con

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Hitler's trip to 2014 Comic Con

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:51 pm

Hitler responds to 2014 Comic Con and not seeing the 1/18 Fw-190a

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHyb_JA4HbU

:D :D :D

pickelhaube

Re: Hitler's trip to 2014 Comic Con

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 pm

Hitler Customs ? t

That has a certain ring to it . :shock:

Very funny :D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Ahhhh.....So true..... so true..... funny.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:38 pm

That was hilarious!!! and so true. So are any of the rest of you gentlemen starting to feel that Merit is about as reliable as 21st century? Sure they have made a few items; but they show and talk about lots of "possible stuff", show prototypes and get people all excited.... only to pull the "football" away and push back the time they were supposed to release something. I personally could care less about the modern stuff they "hope" to put out, but to keep bringing the same "updated" or partial prototype to show after show and pushing back it's possible release date just seems pointless.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

CanberraPaul
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CanberraPaul » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:58 pm

I love it - very funny Jon!!! Keep em coming Mate.

Jim@Merit
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Jim@Merit » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:56 am

Jnewboy wrote:Hitler responds to 2014 Comic Con and not seeing the 1/18 Fw-190a

This is not funny and TOTALLY NOT CALL FOR. We at Merit work so hard to service the hobby and you turn around and treat us like this.
The 1/18 hobby is already dying, your inconsiderate action just drove the last nail into the coffin of our company's support to the 1/18 hobby.
If resin modeling is too difficult for you, you can always go back to carve your own 1/18 airplane in balsa wood.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 am

Jim@Merit wrote:

This is not funny and TOTALLY NOT CALL FOR. We at Merit work so hard to service the hobby and you turn around and treat us like this.
The 1/18 hobby is already dying, your inconsiderate action just drove the last nail into the coffin of our company's support to the 1/18 hobby.
If resin modeling is too difficult for you, you can always go back to carve your own 1/18 airplane in balsa wood.
:lol: :lol: Wow!!!

Glad I could rattle the cage over there :wink:

I think you are taking Hitler's opinion way to seriously :lol: :lol:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:38 am

Jim@Merit wrote:

Please Jim , Take this with a grain of salt . It was meant to be funny .

Do not take it personally.

There are probably hundreds of clips like this on you tube with people using their own subtitles .

All meant to be humorous .
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:10 am

Jim@Merit wrote:

Yeah WOW really? Are you guys in business or what. Are you really going to go online and the various sites and say that because your feeling got hurt over one video ( which if you go on you tube to can see this SAME video redone about 1000 different ways for different things) will be the reason that your done with 1/18. That just sounds very unprofessional to me. Maybe 1/18 is dying because the people who really want new stuff are tired of waiting and waiting and not getting anything new.
--Thomas Jefferson

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:20 am

Well i'm sure it does get tiering hearing all the negatives when you are trying to keep customers happy. Best things to do is not listen to it and just do your thing. It's kind of a double edged sword. You want to know what the collectors out there want but at the same time you have to listen to them gripe when deadlines get passed up and products never get developed. Thats comes with the territory. I personally did not view the Hitler movie but i've seen tons of these on various topics. I think you should just laugh at it and move on.

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:35 am

"The 1/18 hobby is already dying, your inconsiderate action just drove the last nail into the coffin of our company's support to the 1/18 hobby."

Really?

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 am

Yes really.
For all of you inconsiderate ------- who think the posting was funny.......well, it wasn't.
You all need to grow up and consider others feelings.
Jim @ Merit did not deserve what was posted, in jest or not. If you think you could do better in producing 1:18 product, then put your money where your mouth is, and just DO IT.
Yes, the hobby is going South, but why the hell are you all trying to dig the hole deeper.
I had a similar incident with a member/dealer on this board years ago, in reference to the "Hitler/Nazi" scenerio and it quickly turned ugly and had to be removed. Where is the MODERATOR when he's needed now?
I suggest that others who think this was funny, start laughing out the other side and keep quiet and let us go on with our business in a civil manner.
Anyone who feels they would like to take me on, please give it your best shot. Being a screwed up disabled Nam /Desert Storm Vet, I could use the exercise.
To Jim@Merit, please accept my apology for the action of these small minded ones who thought this was a big joke.
JOC
34-year Military Retiree who gave what I could for our country.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:22 am

JOC wrote:Yes really.
For all of you inconsiderate ------- who think the posting was funny.......well, it wasn't.
You all need to grow up and consider others feelings.
Jim @ Merit did not deserve what was posted, in jest or not. If you think you could do better in producing 1:18 product, then put your money where your mouth is, and just DO IT.
Yes, the hobby is going South, but why the hell are you all trying to dig the hole deeper.
I had a similar incident with a member/dealer on this board years ago, in reference to the "Hitler/Nazi" scenerio and it quickly turned ugly and had to be removed. Where is the MODERATOR when he's needed now?
I suggest that others who think this was funny, start laughing out the other side and keep quiet and let us go on with our business in a civil manner.
Anyone who feels they would like to take me on, please give it your best shot. Being a screwed up disabled Nam /Desert Storm Vet, I could use the exercise.
To Jim@Merit, please accept my apology for the action of these small minded ones who thought this was a big joke.
JOC
34-year Military Retiree who gave what I could for out country.
No need to apologize for me Joc, but Thanks.

Why is it that anytime there is a disagreement or dispute someone screams for a moderator to come in and shut it down? Isn't part of the freedom you fought for the ability to speak freely and openly? to voice ones opinion without fear of reproach?

My family has spilled the same blood in the same mud as you Joc for exactly that freedom and they still do to this very day. I have my right to speak my mind, this is not Nazi Germany or Communist China at least not yet. I did it in a parody so outlandish that no one could take it to seriously or take real insult from unless they were already looking for a reason to do so.

Obviously Merit has heard many complaints about the Fw-190a not showing up, I doubt Hitler was the first to complain. They brought this on themselves and should not make announcements unless they are absolutely certain of themselves. Blaming me or "Hitler" for their lack of follow through or their lack of dedication to the scale is very laughable to say the least.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:41 am

Thank You for your reply, and I do agree that we all who served did it to protect our freedoms. But we must remember we also have to be civil about how we do it. I for one, and I am sure some where on this board their are others, have lost family to the Hitler Regime and would not take kindly to being reminded of those awful days.
I, for one, just had to let my feelings be known.
We have to realize, that whatever a manufacturer/retailer says is just talk. We in this hobby have not been promised things before without waiting and waiting for it to come out. We can be thankful to Merit for the Dauntless, when others promised and never came through. I remember I had a spot on my ceiling for more than 5-years waiting for one to come.
Well, Thank You again for answering up and hope the rest of your day is great.
Best regards
JOC
"In Nam, All Gave Some and Some Gave All."

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:14 am

So, um, when is that FW190 due?

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Rylau » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:46 am

So when is the small MRAP coming??
Sgt. John Ray 12/8/67 Hill 172
99% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in traffic.
1% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in an ambush.
God Bless Our Troops.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:54 am

JOC wrote:Thank You for your reply, and I do agree that we all who served did it to protect our freedoms. But we must remember we also have to be civil about how we do it. I for one, and I am sure some where on this board their are others, have lost family to the Hitler Regime and would not take kindly to being reminded of those awful days.
I, for one, just had to let my feelings be known.
We have to realize, that whatever a manufacturer/retailer says is just talk. We in this hobby have not been promised things before without waiting and waiting for it to come out. We can be thankful to Merit for the Dauntless, when others promised and never came through. I remember I had a spot on my ceiling for more than 5-years waiting for one to come.
Well, Thank You again for answering up and hope the rest of your day is great.
Best regards
JOC
"In Nam, All Gave Some and Some Gave All."
JOC, First let me say thank you calming it down a bit, your first reply was a bit heated. I too served in the US Navy, and was almost killed in an accident on board ship. So I can understand your passion, but I am glad to see that we can keep it civil. There is no need for a bunch of adults to fight over toys. I think that there are many on this board who have either served or had family who have served for our freedom to speak our minds so we don't need to rehash that point. But it is really just a tongue in cheek video that we shouldn't read too much into.
That having been said I have been involved with the toy business for about the last 15 years through a small business. I have worked with Hasbro, Mattel and others. I will say that fanboy complaints are to toys as tackles are to football. Expected and sometimes rough, so as a professional I wouldn't have taken to much offense by it. I think what would have been better than saying "That is the nail in the coffin to 1/18 and fine do it yourself" which really came off as a school yard "im taking my toys and going home" would have been to say something like - " Thanks for taking the time to parody us guys, we too understand your frustration with the wait time for new products and their sometimes unavoidable cancellations." Then go on to give what specifics he could have about the Harrier or other stuff they have mentioned.
This has always been a friendly board compared to others I have been on; so lets keep trying to vent our frustrations without it becoming a nasty fight.
--Thomas Jefferson

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

Okay guys, I think this thread was unnecessary. I understand the humor in it and the frustrations, but you have to realize the volatility of this market lately. These companies are actually producing something, even if it's just repaints or occasionally a new tooled piece. The 1/18 world is not what it was, and we're all scrambling to snatch up anything that comes our way but we're not in the 21st Century world anymore where we can expect yearly new releases. There's a million different issues and hiccups that can happen in the production world that cause delays and even cancellations that can be often out of the control of the company. Let's cut them a little slack and be HAPPY they are producing anything because, honestly, in this day and age it seems like no one else is willing to take the jump. We all want new things, but let's not forget that even a repaint is better than 1/18 scale going away for good because, honestly as I see it, once 1/18 scale is gone it'll be gone for good.

As for the FW-190, it's ready. See more here: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =1#p310153