1/6 Elite Force F-15C Cockpit and Dragon Pilot?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

1/6 Elite Force F-15C Cockpit and Dragon Pilot?

Post by granch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi all,
I know it's not 1/18. but have a question. I've finally bought the expensive, but wonderfull cockpit, now I'm looking for a pilot. There are a lot of pilot figures on eBay, rather expensive. But few and very expensive Elite Force Viper or Cougar pilots. Could the Dragon similar figs go with the cockpit? Particularly, there are a lot of safety belts on the BBI ejection seat, do the buccles match with the belt clips on the Dragon figures?
If somebody has both cockpit and Dragon pilot, or both Dragon and Elite Force figures, thank you for your answer, Chris

blkwalt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: 1/6 Elite Force F-15C Cockpit and Dragon Pilot?

Post by blkwalt » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:34 pm

hey Chris, I have the Dragon and BBI pilots(that was my interest in 99-02) and the Viper fig did have buckles that actually attached to the ejection seat. The vest and helmet were different from cougar(F-18). I sat my hot toys pilots, BBI, and Dragon pilots in the cockpit and all fit with no problems and looked great. I will say the BBI pilots did seem to look a bit better due to the detailing of the Elite Force pilots. If you run into a bind I do have a extra Elite Force Tomcat Pilot(f-14) in the tan flightsuit with no g pants....did not come with them...google it to see a image...congrats on the cockpit...GREAT PIECE

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Hi blkwalt,
Thank you for intel. I'm now following some bids for used BBI aviators on eBay, all buy-it-now new stuff for the Viper are over 125$. Out of my credit, when I add between 25- 45$ shipping to my country.
I've also searched for the anti-g-pants for your F-14 pilot, only 1 offer for 20$, no shipping outside US and Commonwelth.
Anyway, i could call you again if :(

snake
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:52 pm

Well done granch, and congratulations on picking up this wonderful piece. 8)

Always wanted one, but just left it too long.

Now you just have to bite the bullet, and get a proper pilot for it. Shop around, but not going to be cheap.

blkwalt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blkwalt » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:17 pm

hey gauch...I don't get on a lot due to day job, but I will see what I can do on my end...never know when I might need a item from your part of the world. Email me @ [email protected]. Will see what we can do.... :D

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:21 pm

blkwalt, message sent on this board.

blkwalt
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by blkwalt » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:16 pm

pm rtd

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:46 am

Congrats on the F-15 pit. Always wanted one but never pulled the trigger. An absolutely beautiful piece to have in your collection.

I collect 1/6 pilots and have an entire display to represent every decade of aviation. Yep, go with the Bbi pilot you won't be disappointed. I remember buying my first figure, Dragon's F-14 pilot "Pete" as a matter of fact, I still have him. Paid $45 over a decade ago.

This'll make you cry. I purchased my Hot Toys F-4 phantom pilot, NIB, from my local comic book shop at his original price last year ($125) :D They're quickly approaching $400 NIB on ebay.

The most I paid was for my Bbi Bud Mahurin F-86 figure ($130) and that was last year also and a loose figure (all parts there though).

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:02 pm

Thank you guys for your congratulation. Yes, I paid a lot, nearly 400$ for the cockpit NIB. But not sad at all. I've made a better bargain with the pilot. Bought the President NIB for 40$: sad end, 1/3 of the price of Viper, the genuine BBI F15-C Aviator, it's female counterpart Burner (with no flight equipment) is just a few cheaper.
Georges now is proudly sitting in my F15 cockpit for a while, but there are 2 problems: First, the gas mask and it's fixing device to the helmet are too small and do not fit well to George's chin size. Will have to buy an other head sculpt, sorry Georges... Second, the harness shoulder buckles to strap the man to the ejection seat are the same male connection than the straps of the seat! Factory error? Well, had to find a way to fix both male buckles together. So, if somebody found the same mistake, thank you for ideas.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:37 pm

Granch,
I have the George Bush figure but used him as the basis of my Top Gun "Maverick", 1980's aviator since his body is very slim for a Bbi figure.

No, his mask is a horrible fit and you know exactly the issue, his chin. I ended up popping off the Bush headsculpt and used the Hot Toys figure headsculpt with custom HGU-33 helmet, white T-shirt and loose 1/6 decals from another Tom Cruise Top Gun figure (done by me painted and decaled in Maverick colors).

Check with onesixthwarriors.com in their classified section. That's how I picked up my Sabre pilot.