True Heroes Apache Helo

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
caribmar
Corporal
Corporal

True Heroes Apache Helo

Post by caribmar » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 am

Hello All,
I am late to the 1:18th scale game. I was interested in the BBi Apache Helicopter but I dont want to pay ~ 200 dollars on EBay. The only option I have is the True Heroes Apache at Toys R Us. It has been mentioned on this board that the helicopter is under scaled. How badly is it off? I could live with a few descrepancies. An inch or two underscaled isnt really an issue for me.

Additonally, anybody have pictures of this helo spruced up or side by side with the BBI offering? Thanks.

CaribMar

toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: True Heroes Apache Helo

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:30 am

I have to be honest here, the True Hero’s Apache is a children’s toy and not much more. I have the BBI one still in its box but I’ve had one opened up and on display in the past. My son has the True Hero’s version. There really is no comparison to the BBI. The True Hero’s one is a good bit smaller in all aspects. It’s extremely under detailed and light weight. Being an adult collector it just didn’t do it for me and I can’t imagine doing anything with it to make it a whole lot better.

That’s just my opinion on it. I’m sure there are others that may be quite fond of it. :shock:

If I were you I would keep an eye out for a loose bbi one on eBay. They pop up from time to time in the $65 - $100 range.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:23 am

Pretty much what toyktklgh said.

As far as scale, the True Heroes works out to about 1/27. It's about 2/3 the size of the BBI. For what it is, it's a pretty good toy and decent value though.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

caribmar
Corporal
Corporal

Post by caribmar » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:59 am

Thank you for the quick response, toyktdlgh & aferguson. I will pass on it and hope for the best at Evil Bay.

CaribMar