How rare are the BBI Zero's

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

How rare are the BBI Zero's

Post by USCGMK2 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

I've been trying to buy the Kounoike and the Pearl Harbor Zero. I have 2 Sakai ones (one is repainted) and the 261st NAG leader Zero. I can only find the Pearl Harbor one on eBay and that thing is $200. I've seen the Kounoike on there but I always get outbid past $140. Although I tried to get my sisters friends in Germany and England to ship me the Kounoike one because I found them over there, but no luck from them. Are they really that rare and is there a story behind the PH one as it is a Bad Cat Exclusive? I just don't want to pay that much for something I'm going to put on display and not leave in the box.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Re: How rare are the BBI Zero's

Post by aferguson » Wed May 30, 2012 8:42 pm

the pearl harbor one was a badcat exclusive several years ago. Can't help you with that one but i can with the other....it was a european exclusive by the way. I bought one a couple of months ago for just under $100 from a place in Poland. It might be a bit cheaper now with the drop in the Euro.

Inexpensive shipping and quick service.

http://www.super-hobby.com/products/Zer ... Group.html
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

USCGMK2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by USCGMK2 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:49 pm

Thank you aferguson. I'll at least have that now. I should bid on eBay, they had the PH,Kounoike, and 261st NAG for $295 as a package deal just a few days ago.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 31, 2012 9:14 am

The Pearl Harbor Zero is the most rare, as it was an exclusive to one US retailer. It can be one of the more expensive 1:18 aircraft...
The Kounoike Zero is probably the next most rare as it is a European Exclusive.
The 261st NAG Zero is getting harder to find now, but wasn't always so rare... BBI released one shortly after the PH one came out, then re-released it in 2007-2008 around the time their Hellcat came out.
The Sakai Zero is the newest and the least rare. It can still be had for cheap. I've seen some retailers putting them on sale for $60 or less in recent months. Totally worth it at prices like that :wink:

I got the Pearl Harbor Zero when Badcat first released them, later got the 261st NAG plane when it was re-released, and also picked up a cheap Sakai Zero. I've since repackaged my PH Zero because its worth more boxed than unboxed and switch out displays between the Sakai and 261st Zeros.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."