New Bravo Team Modern 1:18 Figures (sort of)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: New Bravo Team Modern 1:18 Figures (sort of)

Post by dragon53 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:50 pm

Again, what is Target's price?

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 am

dragon53 wrote:Again, what is Target's price?
The previous wave of Bravo Team varies slightly from store / region ... in the Sacramento Area they range from $4.99 to $5.49. Small range, good deal.

I've not seen the new wave / style here, but I think stores are waiting til tomorrow for a reset. Yesterday Halloween was picked over and condensed to 1 aisle of costumes, 1 of candy, and 1 hybrid of decorations and cooking stuff. Not an item on sale (which is what it should be in Oct.).

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:47 am

MCALAMARI:

Thanks. I live a long way from Target. I hate to go over there to find out they've increased the price to $10 or something. I bought a few Delta Force figures maybe two years ago for $5 each.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:01 pm

I bought the new figures for $4.99 or whatever the usual lower price is. I've seen Bravo Team figures (old type) for the $5.49 price at some stores in some isolated places, but mostly for the $4.99 price.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Nugget
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nugget » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:05 pm

granch wrote:Nugget or anybody else,
Could you tell me what colour is "coyote brown"? Here in Switzerland, we have no coyote, I can't compare with any Tamiya paint (help needed). At the swiss army, they have their own abraviations, so thank you to tell me what OTV means.

My apologies, I should have explained. Coyote brown is the name of the color that the gear the USMC uses. OTV is "outer tactical vest" which is the vest that the USMC used to use, and is featured on these figures.

A picture of a coyote brown OTVs being worn with various pouches-

The vest itself-

As far as what Tamiya paint colors would closest match it, I'm not very sure. I think for a figure any kind of medium brown color would be fine.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 pm

dragon53 wrote:MCALAMARI:

Thanks. I live a long way from Target. I hate to go over there to find out they've increased the price to $10 or something. I bought a few Delta Force figures maybe two years ago for $5 each.
Ebay has some reasonable prices, where you'd probably spend more in gas and time to get to a Target.

The figures are still a great bargin. The Fearless Forces (also by Unimax) were a steal when they were $2 a figure. They aren't nearly as nice, but for random bad guys they worked great. If only my nephews were a bit older at the time.

-M

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by evilanimation » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:07 pm

They also have re-released the Abrams and it includes a figure with it.

custer7thcav
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by custer7thcav » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:11 am

visited local target today--did not see the danger duty ones yet, old versions of bravo team were at 5.49, a 50 cent incrase from old 4.99 price point.

this was by ohare airport in the chicago suburbs.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:58 pm

I haven't seen these in my area and only ever saw the Infantry Force figures at the one random northern California Target I visited on that road trip that started this thread. Should have bought a couple more :wink:

I keep thinking current (old) Bravo Team stocks either need to run out or the Holidays need to roll around before these will show up in force...

custer7thcav
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by custer7thcav » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:14 pm

stopped into one of the nearby target stores and grabbed a Crysis 2 C.E.L.L trooper on sale for about 7 bucks. plus some reissued forces of valor bravo team (packeged as infantry force in the "danger & Duty" series.
The forces of valor figs were priced 4.99 (so the other store in a different suburb was bumping the price an extra 50 cents it seems.)

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:46 pm

Both the Infantry Force and Recon Force (USMC) figures have shown in my area proper as of this weekend. I particularly like the hooded figure with in the Recon Force guise. Really, there's not much difference between these and the old Bravo Team figures save the new headsculpt and the slight paint differences, and the new card, but its something to keep the line chugging along :wink:

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:55 pm

Finally saw the new figures today. Target had all of the Infantry Force and 4 of the 6 Recon Force. Also had the Desert Abrams with figure

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Sorry guys... I bought some drivers from the 1st release, and 1 or 2 other figures, but had to go back to BBI soldiers: Bravo Team men are not able to hold a weapon properly: hands and fingers are to small, not only for weapons, but also in comparison between face and hands. Somebody heard a comment about this point with the OurWar figures?

Nugget
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Nugget » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:34 pm

granch wrote:Sorry guys... I bought some drivers from the 1st release, and 1 or 2 other figures, but had to go back to BBI soldiers: Bravo Team men are not able to hold a weapon properly: hands and fingers are to small, not only for weapons, but also in comparison between face and hands. Somebody heard a comment about this point with the OurWar figures?

I had the same issue with my Bravo Team Delta force figures, their hands were tiny and looks more like penguin flippers with thumbs. Couldn't even hold a weapon in a realistic pose.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:46 am

Picked up a few at Target yesterday. Looks like just a repackage, although there may be one with a new torso/vest. At $5, couldn't resist.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:08 pm

I also picked up a few. They're just different enough fron the previous versions to be of interest.

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:35 am

Yesterday I went to my local Target in Joplin Mo and to my complete dismay there was nothing related to Bravo figures in either 1/18 or 1/32. Two weeks ago I saw they were doing a reset but never imagined that they were removing the line. There wasn't even anything in the clearence isle. I am wondering if they just warehoused their inventory or maybe I should start watching the TuesdayMorning store for it to show up???? I stopped by TRU also, and their True Heroes inventory was severely depleted. Don't know what their restocking plan is?

Eric

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:51 pm

The Target stores in Lexington KY still have spaces open for them, although only one of them actually had any. I picked up the last two figures there, I'm rather pleased to find that their joints aren't horrendously tight and snap when you move them anymore.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Does anyone have any of the "infantry" series they would like to trade for the "recon" series? They didn't appear to stock the infantry guys here at all, but we had a wave or two of the recons so I was able to get some.

Oh and were the repackaged seals released or not?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:47 am

I have not seen these stocked at my local Targets for some time... At one point, just before the holidays, the stores in my area had the Infantry and Recon figures, but now they are all gone. I only ever bought the Infantry and similar Recon figure with the hood and sunglasses. I assume they sold well in general as I never saw them discounted. The peg space was still there for them the last I looked. I'd like to know what happened to the special ops line that is shown on the back of the cards. That was what I was really looking forward to and would have bought multiples of the whole wave.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm

What ever happened with these? I know that the Recon Team and Infantry Force figures were released toward the end of last year, as I was able to pick up some of them at Target. But the Tactical Team never came out, did it?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:17 am

Never did see the Tactical Team (Delta Force) figures.

Compared to what I said above in February, I eventually saw at least the Infantry Force (US Army) figures restocked a couple of months or so ago and supplies are now dwindling. Bravo Team also released their Humvee. Again, not the Tactical Team figures. Perhaps with the death of the Game Stars "Ghost Recon" figure line, these will resurface.

I had planned on getting multiples of the Tactical Team (as compared to the other lines) had they ever come out...

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:19 pm

Thanks. Who knows, maybe they'll release the Tactical Team figures toward the end of this year.