POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:46 am

Thanks for the pics, Tmanthegreat! Guess what I'll be doing today?!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

WW2 new ground troops

Post by coreystinson » Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:17 am

The TRU here in St. Peters, Missouri got one case in. It must have been put out fairly recently, as all 12 figures were still on the peg. I grabbed one set. (This was on/around 10/16).
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:58 pm

Found some of the new BBI WWII figures at the TRU in Monrovia Ca. (near Pasadena off the 210) while on a road trip. There were a bunch of Cpl. Jacksons, a couple Cptn. Gordons and one Col. Steele. These were the first I'd seen at a TRU, the stores north in Fresno not having yet recieved them for some reason. Though I already had a set sent from another board member, I couldn't resist getting a few more to fill out the ranks!

Law
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Law » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:31 pm

I have not seen the WWII figs since I found them, other than the ones I left on the pegs. Nobody else seems to be buying htem, and no other TRU seems to be getting them -- and no new ones are showing either.

As a side note, even though this is slightly OT in this thread -- I picked up the bbi Hornet from Smalljoes, and it came today. Holy !@#$!@#! This is just the most amazing thing I've seen. Huge, detailed, it is something to see. Lots of features I never thought I'd see. Great, great stuff.

On the downside, I have to live in it now, because I have NO ROOM LEFT IN MY HOME! ;)

Law

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:59 am

I'd love to know where the new BBI figures are in Fresno, Ca. They've just never shown up and the employees, though helpful, don't know much. Its puzzling as I found the figures at a random TRU in Southern California while on a road trip, but they never have shown here further north :roll:

All in all, it doesn't really matter as I have a complete set (sent from Georgia) thanks to Birddog and a few extra ranger figures that I found in So. Cal. but its just wierd that they've never appeared in my AO.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:42 pm

Found one set of the new BBI WW2 figures today in Pleasanton, CA. Got all but the para guy. They look really cool!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

bbi paratroopers at TRU online

Post by holensock » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:07 am

Saw all the bbi paratroopers on Toys R Us website at $6.99 each!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:47 am

Thats good, but after looking, its too bad the new ones w/o the parachutes aren't on the site as well.

They still have some of the 21c S1 German and US figures pictured, though they're listed as "currently unavaliable" - and have been for years!

digger

new figs

Post by digger » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:14 pm

I did say this was the coolest guy but I think this is a good illustration of our problem. :?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BBI-Elite-Force-Ult ... dZViewItem

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:42 am

Friggin' idiots..... :roll:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:03 am

what the....???

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:31 am

how can people afford to pay that much? over 400% as of now
i bought 2 Zeros i wonder what the extra one would bring

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:36 am

I'd say those bidders gotta have mush for brains. :shock:

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:39 am

I found some clear lightweight (cheap) 10" plastic bowls at "Party City" and inserted them into the chutes. They work great for less than $2.00 each and without all the work!

Sidenote on 21st Para's @ TRU - I found (and bought) a german para at TRU last month on the pegs in bent package for $3.50! Guess it was burried behind something all this time!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:19 pm

Anybody need the new BBI WWII figures??
I am down in Tampa for the next few days and found a bunch of them.
email me : [email protected]
And I can try and bring back some for you.
Tell me which one you want or if you want a whole set.

Thanks- the figures are spoken for!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Loki
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Loki » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:05 pm

Found the newer BBI WWII guys todat at the TRU in Milford, CT. They had everone except the para with the junp gear on (which I didn't mind because I didn't want him anyway). I only bought 4 so there were about 8 or so left on the pegs. On a related note, the series 1 paras (guys with the cutes) how do you get the medic's belt on ? it seems to be glued closed, do his legs come off ? I tried but was afraid to pull too hard.

digger

medic

Post by digger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:36 pm

Just pull him apart at the waist - he will then just stick back together after you put the belt there. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:37 pm

After a few head swaps and weapon changes, I've come to the conclusion that these new BBI troops look really good when displayed :)

All these figures came from everywhere but my AO, where there's still nothing yet to be had!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:44 am

Great picture!! Nothing in my AO yet either. Hope Small Joes will get them FS soon!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:33 pm

I have been looking all over for the bbi british army figures #21331 thru #21336. It's the six figure set that has been repainted to look like british troops.

I can not find this set anywhere except the picture on the bbi website.

Anyone purchased these yet? :?

Thanks
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:25 pm

I thought those were only avaliable in the United Kingdom. I never saw them for sale here.

Oh, BTW, I found a bunch of the new BBI WWII figures at the TRU in Bakersfield, Ca. while heading down to LA. Its about 100 mi south of my AO (which still hasn't gotten the figures) but there was a couple complete sets. I grabbed the two paras and a couple more infantry figures and now have to figure out what to do with all the spare machine guns, bazookas, mortars, sub machine guns and grenades these figures come with :)

digger

bbi guys & SPR!!

Post by digger » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:07 am

I know some of the bbi guys look "too old" but the more I look at the head sculpts I realize how awesome they are, with so much detail. Then, watching SPR last nite on & off I realized that the one Ranger with the dimples is clearly Tom Hanks from that movie. Further, if you put that head on the other Ranger's body, it is EXACTLY him - uniform, vest, map case, and backpack all situated perfectly, tool on top of back pack....perfect (save a white stripe on the back of his Ranger helmet, but otherwise really spot on). Don't look at him too close but just from a couple of feet and you will see it is Hanks no question. Very cool. Further, the body he comes on is the EXACT body of Tom Sizemore in the movie, down to the differences in their backpacks (Sizemore has pouch on top of tool on pack).

After my girlfriend agreed, I began to wonder what else I was missing. Take a look at the Infantryman and compare him to Ed Byrns in the movie - aside the buck teeth on the figure you can see uni is the same (armed with BAR gun, pouches...) and the face is close. Maybe a little of one of the other guys in the buck teeth area, but another similarity to the movie. If you have it throw it in! You will see.

They have already made a Tom Sizemore from BHD so I am using that head for his SPR body, but I was wondering what people thought of the 2d Ranger head? Is that sizemore again or someone else or nobody?
I had a ton of fun with these guys while watching that flick.
Other bbi heads I have in 1:18 are: George W Bush, Bruce Willis, Eric Bana and some other "questionables." If anyone cares to offer other likenesses I'd love to hear them. Think back through various war movies and see what you can come up with....there are probably more I am not thinking of. I must say Kudos to bbi for such awesome headsculpts and detailed unis. :D

EDIT: I realize the infantryman has a bit of Barry Pepper (teeth), and here you can see Hanks' uni and compare.

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:45 am

Once I got my set of WW II BBI figures, I thought the Ranger with the .50 cal. machine gun looked an awful lot like Patrick Stewart. Maybe not the hair, but with the helmet on the facial features look just like him to me.

digger

GOOD CALL!

Post by digger » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:47 am

You be the judge, I say good call:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 2:55 pm

I haven't paid much attention to the cleberity likenesses with the BBI figures, but (laughingly) I had fun with the new BBI figures while watching SPR as well. I thought the uniforms matched perfectly between the officer figure and Hanks, but didn't look indepth at the faces. The BAR gunner figure I thought had to have been influenced by Byrns character - the same long face, webbing on the helmet, gun and pouches. I think you're on to something, Digger!

These BBi figures are awesome and while I still like the S1 21c figures, they now ride in in my Dodge trucks and M3 Halftracks so the odd joints aren't as noticable.